No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Some people really need their fifty minutes of fame, and that journalist was looking for one. That was a class act from Hardy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That "journalist" embarrassed himself and lost all credibility the moment he posted the first of his many *****fits. So unprofessional and crass.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Exactly. Idiot is as idiot gets.
    Some people really need their fifty minutes of fame, and that journalist was looking for one. That was a class act from Hardy.
    I can't imagine he was looking to embarrass himself so completely, who'd want that kind of fame, but for some reason he just didn't seem to understand what he was doing. Really weird.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    That "journalist" embarrassed himself and lost all credibility the moment he posted the first of his many *****fits. So unprofessional and crass.
    Yes, but not even trying to properly apologize even after Hardy's response was both cowardly, and strangely self-destructive, as if he didn't care if he ever gets to interview anyone again. A peculiar case.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Chris Nolan's next film has been announced for July 2017. Could this weaken the chance of his involvement with Bond 25?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I do hope so. I don't want Nolan anywhere near Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not necessarily. I doubt shooting will begin on the next Bond film (following the last few shooting start schedules, anyway) until Fall 2017, so it's possible.
  • Hopefully Sam Mendes returns or David Fincher directs the next Bond movie
    Nolan is a mixed bag for me I loved The Dark Knight and inception and a batman Begins is my favorite batman movie of all time (not to mention the video game tie in for the ps2 is really fantastic) but Rises was well weak and I didn't even see his last film which many claim was pretentious and ridiculous. If Nolan could put on his Batman Begins or inception hat and give us a dark but fun adventure film I would be quite happy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Nolan is underestimated for Bond around here imho. He has had carte blanche ability and discretion at Warner with some of his most recent films due to his Batman success, and that has led to some noticeable overreach.

However, the man respects Bond and the legacy. If he is handed this franchise, especially post-Craig, I have no doubt he will do it justice and temper his own excesses. I have more confidence in him doing a first than I do in Mendes doing a third.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    Nolan is underestimated for Bond around here imho. He has had carte blanche ability and discretion at Warner with some of his most recent films due to his Batman success, and that has led to some noticeable overreach.

However, the man respects Bond and the legacy. If he is handed this franchise, especially post-Craig, I have no doubt he will do it justice and temper his own excesses. I have more confidence in him doing a first than I do in Mendes doing a third.

Totally agree. Not artistically my first choice but from a marketing and recovery standpoint an excellent choice.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am pretty certain Nolan will get to do a Bond film sooner or later.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited January 2016 Posts: 2,496
    Theatre Highlights in 2016

There is also the small matter of a rumoured West End transfer for Othello, starring David Oyelowo in the title role and Daniel Craig as Iago. If this turns out to be true, you can expect a social media meltdown similar to the one following the announcement that Benedict Cumberbatch would play Hamlet.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Theatre Highlights in 2016

There is also the small matter of a rumoured West End transfer for Othello, starring David Oyelowo in the title role and Daniel Craig as Iago. If this turns out to be true, you can expect a social media meltdown similar to the one following the announcement that Benedict Cumberbatch would play Hamlet.
    I'm not sure I understand.
    How serious is the Guy Ritchie rumour?

I did not dislike his Holmes as much as I thought I would and I think he seemed to have found the right tone for the character of Moriarty, but not so sure he's right for Bond.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I did not dislike his Holmes as much as I thought I would and I think he seemed to have found the right tone for the character of Moriarty, but not so sure he's right for Bond.
    The rumour comes from the same article that lists The Man From UNCLE as "successful."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

Totally agree. Not artistically my first choice but from a marketing and recovery standpoint an excellent choice.

I'm in agreement also. Nolan isn't in my top 5 choices to direct but if given the choice out of Mendes returning and Nolan taking over, the latter gets my vote.
    jake24 wrote: »

The rumour comes from the same article that lists The Man From UNCLE as "successful."

So it's practically in the bag for him I see.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Theatre Highlights in 2016[/url]

There is also the small matter of a rumoured West End transfer for Othello, starring David Oyelowo in the title role and Daniel Craig as Iago. If this turns out to be true, you can expect a social media meltdown similar to the one following the announcement that Benedict Cumberbatch would play Hamlet.[/i]
    I'm not sure I understand.[/quote]

What part. Othello is going to be in New York, and now apparently there's a rumor it may also be transferring to London. The "meltdown" presumably will be a lot of people wanting to see DC on stage.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Thanks. Misread.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Excellent news if true, but take it with a grain of salt.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Excellent news.

I agree, great news if true. If and IF he does two more... can we expect a sort of OHMSS and YOLT type of stories? Spectre was not much like TB though.

Our tabloid newspapers have made some outrageous claims in the past regards Bond films, but you never know, it could be true.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Awwww yeah! :D
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 14,832
    mepal1 wrote: »

Our tabloid newspapers have made some outrageous claims in the past regards Bond films, but you never know, it could be true.

Sometimes they get it right. Sometimes. Let's face it, you don't work in a Bond movie for free. If anything else, the paycheck might be enough to convince Christoph Waltz to return.
    mepal1 wrote: »

Sometimes they get it right. Sometimes. Let's face it, you don't work in a Bond movie for free. If anything else, the paycheck might be enough to convince Christoph Waltz to return.
    Exactly. If I remember correctly, Mediamass came up with the Seydoux casting rumour and nobody thought anything of it.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I pray it's true! It would be wonderful to have him back.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 1,631
    I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. Been around long enough to see these types of rumors from the tabloids each time around.

There's still the distribution deal to get ironed out as well as, presumably, the search for new writers, so there's no set idea as to where they're going to take the next film anyway, let alone the next two.

It would be curious, though, if he were actually to return for two more films, as it seems like a foregone conclusion just about everywhere that Craig is only doing the next one and then moving on.