Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• tumblr_nybvhsbHeo1ui7ta1o1_1280.png

Check out the quote from Turner on the character he is playing:

"He’s done a lot of nasty things for his own benefit; really immoral, only cares about himself, massive ego, but a smart, confident, charming guy."

It looks like this is going to be his little audition for Bond. You know Brocoli will be watching. It sets up perfectly for him. It's just a mini-series on the BBC and Lifetime, so it won't make him too famous. It will let him slide just under the radar. Remember that the last 2 actors that played Bond had Bond-like roles too before they got the gig.
  • I'm definitely in the Aiden Turner camp now. I haven't actually seen him act, lol, but based on the Poldark success and feedback he no doubt has the goods. I can just instantly see him as Bond. Something about his profile just clicks. (Though my No.1 is still Dan Stevens!). I hope he remains under the radar at least as far as having a high profile in the US goes. Seems any actor from the UK or Australia with any kind of buzz gets sucked up by the superhero machine.

Haha is that Toby Stephens in the Agatha Christie trailer? He can put in a good word at EON :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Turner has my vote.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    jake24 wrote: »
    Turner has my vote.
    Count me in! +1
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Murdock wrote: »
    Turner has my vote.
    Count me in! +1
    Murdock wrote: »
    Turner has my vote.
    Count me in! +1

Yup here too.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Well, that's it then, we've decided. :)
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 108
    I've had Turner on my shortlist of possibles for a while now (along with Stevens, Friend and Dornan) but I didn't feel particularly enthused about any of them. The problem I had with Turner was that I couldn't reconcile his usual scruffy herbert look with the Bond image. Those pics I posted a couple of days ago changed all that and Turner has leapt out of the pack for me. For the first time I see an actor who I'd be genuinely excited to see tackle the role.

Aidan Turner is Irish, not British as some have said. Celebheights has him at 5ft 10.25in so he's not the tallest. Ironically they have Craig at exactly the same height so I guess he's tall enough. At 32 years old he has time on his side. He's been a big hit in the UK in Poldark, especially with women. I think he's a fine actor and sufficiently different to Craig to bring something fresh to the table.
  • I've had Turner on my shortlist of possibles for a while now (along with Stevens, Friend and Dornan) but I didn't feel particularly enthused about any of them. The problem I had with Turner was that I couldn't reconcile his usual scruffy herbert look with the Bond image. Those pics I posted a couple of days ago changed all that and Turner has leapt out of the pack for me. For the first time I see an actor who I'd be genuinely excited to see tackle the role.

Same here. These photos are game changers. Its almost silly, these are just photos of a bloke in a tux, but something about him just fits, he has that undefinable "x-factor" that similar photos of Cavill and co. in Bond like-poses just don't have, for me. In particular this one :

11124222_932195876855316_5894984826785547672_o.jpg
    [/quote]

From Fleming's Goldfinger -
    “James Bond, with two double bourbons inside him, sat in the final departure lounge of Miami Airport and thought about life and death.”

2hpm58m.png

Anybody else immediately see Bond on the beaches in Moonraker with this?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Anybody else immediately see Bond on the beaches in Moonraker with this?

Yes, definitely!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I haven't seen Turner in anything, but based on the images posted (not just the dinner jacket / cigarette / whiskey one), I can see why he's being put forward for Bond. Isn't he in the new adaption of And Then There Were None? Consider it Sky+'d.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Turner has my vote too. He's actually the first guy I can actually picture as James Bond from all the candidates mentioned on this thread.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am using my veto right.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Turner has my vote too. He's actually the first guy I can actually picture as James Bond from all the candidates mentioned on this thread.

Same here.

I haven't seen any of his work, but I'm looking forward to And Then There Were None.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Turner chap just looks so incredibly 'Irish' it's just not true :))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    No doubt, Turner is a strong candidate.
    talos7 wrote: »

Bit frail, and not the tallest. Would need to pack on some mass, imo.
    AceHole wrote: »

Neither an issue.

Neither an issue.

Speak for yourself.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He seems taller than he is in some photos I've seen of him, and reasonably lean and built. More early Connery/Dalton/Lazenby than Craig, which I personally prefer for Bond.
    That's what I just did

. He's 5'11, taller than Craig, and if he's deemed "frail' I'm sure EON will pony up for a personal trainer. He has a very "Dalton" look and can act.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,727
    That's what I just did

. He's 5'11, taller than Craig, and if he's deemed "frail' I'm sure EON will pony up for a personal trainer. He has a very "Dalton" look and can act.

I was not dismissing the guy, I was merely pointing out my reservations about his physical suitability. And he's not 5'11", despite what he (and most male actors) may claim or put on his resume.

Of course he can bulk up, but reading these comments a few here seem to think he's an absolute shoe-in... I wouldn't be so sure. From hat I've seen of him yes he can act, but he does not command the screen anywhere near the way DC, SC, or Dalton did. Screen presence is at least as important as acting ability.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Not too much, if at all, Bond doesn't need to look like The Incredible Hulk.
  • RC7RC7

Agreed. Bond is a man who is naturally fit through the demands of his job and his hobbies. He is not a gym bunny.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    For everyone mentioning Nicholas Hoult as candidate, watch this:

This guy is 16 years old, thus 13 years younger than Hoult, and he could wipe the floor with Hoult and kick him out of the earth's orbit with ease.

If this actor was British and not South Korean, and was 15 years older, he could totally be James Bond IMO. That's a guy who you believe can wipe down some bad guys without breaking a sweat. Hoult looks like he would collapse into a thousand pieces if you sneezed in his face, no offense to him.

I recommend this film to anyone, by the way. Stunning South Korean action film, and this young actor is going places.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,130
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Aiden Turner is a good actor, has the look, can get into great shape and we all know he gets the women moist.

Not me, definitely i don't get moist with him( Aidan )
    not like i used to with Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan in their respective prime

Those two ( Pierce and Connery) were the sexiest man alive in their prime. So hot that it should have beeen ilegal and Aidan doesnt get that reaction from me.

Anyway still from the pictured looks like an ok idea for Bond he could work but he is not my favorite.
    Honestly i still don't have one. So will when the time to replace Craig comes.
    I do find Craig much more attractive now that i saw him in Spectre but still not as much as i suted to with Pierce and yet i think he is a great Bond.

So i could still like Aidan in the part even if he doesn't drive mad in the looks and sex appeall department.
    It would be a wonderful thing if the next Bond actor manages to drive me as wild as i go when i watch pierce and Sean in my Bond martahons but I wouldn't mind if he doesn't and i highly doubt that i will find an actor from these generations who could get from me the reCtion i have when i see Pierce Brosnan or Sean Connery in their prime.

RC7 wrote: »

Agreed. Bond is a man who is naturally fit through the demands of his job and his hobbies. He is not a gym bunny.

You don't need to convince me. But the trend in modern action franchises is that the lead actor must be buff, and DC has set a bar that the next guy will have to reach, or raise, in terms of physical conditioning.

I don't think it's necessary, but it will be a prerequisite for the next 007.
    Yes, I had Aidan Turner pegged alongside Dan Stevens as a possible 007 contender too.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    You got me! I´m in the Turner bandwagon now.

Definitely a serious candidate.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 163

AIDEN8web_466x466.jpg?1449170781

I don't know this Turner guy, but to me he looks more like the ungrateful son of a rich financier from a 90's sitcom. He'd be more proper for the role of Gustav Graves.