SPECTRE:- Cinema Viewings

Comments

• quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    What I'm going to pore over when SP becomes a "Blu movie" is the form that Bond filled in for Dr. Swann. I've only ever been able to see the last multiple-choice answer he circled. Might give an extra insight into Bond's view of his own personality if I can glimpse one or two others. Sheesh! I really do need to get out more. (Well, somewhere other than the cinema.)
    Current leaderboard:-

No.1:- 'quantumofsolace' - 14 viewings
    No.2= :- 'Monsieur_Aubergine' - 7 viewings
    No.2= :- 'Trigger' - 7 viewings
    No.2= :- 'Timmer' - 7 viewings

Well done @timmer, for catching up with the leading pack. :D
    Nice job your on the board now surpass these jokers .
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well done @Timmer! @Mepal, what's the nr. 3 score, 6? I might be able to get there....
    What I'm going to pore over when SP becomes a "Blu movie" is the form that Bond filled in for Dr. Swann. I've only ever been able to see the last multiple-choice answer he circled. Might give an extra insight into Bond's view of his own personality if I can glimpse one or two others. Sheesh! I really do need to get out more. (Well, somewhere other than the cinema.)
    Very worthy projects. We can all collaborate and publish our findings.
    @birdleson I think I have Specte fever. It should pass in time though
    @commnaderross maybe @mepal can do a top ten. I think evne top 10 might require at least 4 views.
    @problemeliminator I think I've only got one more view left in me. Want to count the number of girls in the Nine Eyes Room and steal another glance at Bond's personality test.
    Hilight of the film is always Swann's swish walk down the train aisle.
    I can now pick out Sciarra almost immediately when the pts cuts around to his sightline.
    Initially he doesn't come onto eye radar until he's about half way along his walk.
    The festival stuff is that distracting.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @timmer is on FIRE!!!
    timmer wrote: »
    Very worthy projects. We can all collaborate and publish our findings.
    @birdleson I think I have Specte fever. It should pass in time though
    @commnaderross maybe @mepal can do a top ten. I think evne top 10 might require at least 4 views.
    @problemeliminator I think I've only got one more view left in me. Want to count the number of girls in the Nine Eyes Room and steal another glance at Bond's personality test.
    Hilight of the film is always Swann's swish walk down the train aisle.
    I can now pick out Sciarra almost immediately when the pts cuts around to his sightline.
    Initially he doesn't come onto eye radar until he's about half way along his walk.
    The festival stuff is that distracting.

I think i shall await another week, before i do a final chart for viewings of SP, as though everyone has seen the film now, maybe a few members are think of squeezing in another viewing, before the force takes over the cinema's

I shall then present the prizes, though i havn't got a clue yet what they are going to be.

:D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    5, the score is, as of an hour ago. And @Timmer, I noticed 3. One dark skinned (or should I say 'coloured? I never can keep up withwhat is or isn't allowed), one oriental and one with headscarf. I kid you not!
    6 viewings for me. And that's it. I wait now for the blu ray in Feb. Congrats to quantumofsolace. 14 viewings is mighty impressive! Theres a couple of other films I want to see now in the cinema. (And, No, Force Awakens isn't one of them!!)
    My friend still hasn't seen SP and wants to go soon. Looks like I'll be sitting through it fir a third (and final) time.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 4,622
    5, the score is, as of an hour ago. And @Timer, I noticed 3. One dark skinned (or should I say 'coloured? I never can keep up withwhat is or isn't allowed), one oriental and one with headscarf. I kid you not!
    Good work Ross! That sounds about right. Wonder was there a shortage of female extras or is Nine Eyes Surveillance duty nerdy man's work.
    Too bad though, all those techs ultimately got blowed up, after Bond escaped Blofeld's elaborate needle massage therapy.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Saw it today for the second time- always go for a 2nd view Christmas week- butwith SE due out, will avoid the theatre. Loved it even more- I really care about these characters. Can't wait for the DVD in February!
    5, the score is, as of an hour ago. And @Timer, I noticed 3. One dark skinned (or should I say 'coloured? I never can keep up withwhat is or isn't allowed), one oriental and one with headscarf. I kid you not!
    Good work Ross! That sounds about right. Wonder was there a shortage of female extras or is Nine Eyes Surveillance duty nerdy man's work.
    Too bad though, all those techs ultimately got blowed up, after Bond escaped Blofeld's elaborate needle massage therapy.

Was wondering the same thing. Mind you, I might be mistaken, forgot how dark that scene is and they're hard to destinguish. Was wondering if it was all done for the PC-police too after counting those three.

Now that @Birdleson has cheated himself in another viewing, i may need to do the same. Or at least go for 6.
    After over two Spectreless weeks (however did I cope?) I found myself back in Bondage this evening when I watched it for the 15th time. Inevitably, going from the BFI IMAX to Screen 3 of my local Cineworld felt like a bit of a backward step. But on the plus side this fortnight long absence has indeed made the heart grow fonder.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,098

No.1:- 'quantumofsolace' - 15 viewings ^:)^ :-O

Anyone else able to join the leader board?

I mean c'mon, even the 2nd place people, only need to see SP 9 more times at the cinema to take the lead. :)
    Well, as no one is responding to this thread anymore, i presume everyone has seen SP now.

The winner of most viewings of SP at the cinema is @quantumofsolace at 15 viewings.

Unfortunately, i cannot give the prize of a lifetime supply of Cineworld tickets to this member, as i have been informed this person, due to excessive time sitting in dark auditorium's watching films, has turned into some sort of Morlock, and is being treated, so they can accustom themselves to living in the daylight again.

The prize to the 2nd place members, is a trough full of popcorn, but you will have to pay for this yourselves at your next cinema visit, as i am currently pigging skint.

:))
    I'm slipping. No viewings this week.
    It's been 10 days.
    Hope to get #8 in next week.

@commanderross Yes I think Mendes tossed in a few token female techs, just to create I guess what he considered to be an appropriate ratio

This amoral slimey tech work was more of a male gig I guess in his eyes.
    Anyway as great director chose not to indulge any bit part Bond Girls, I plan to counter by compiling a full list of the faceless scrappings that he did leave us.
    Thanks for your help! Good eye!
    Just trying to do my bit ;-) @Timmer!
    @Mepal1, not so fast young man, there's plenty of time to make alterations to that leader board. except for @quantum I guess. that's too much work and I don't have the time.
    Just trying to do my bit ;-) @Timmer!
    @Mepal1, not so fast young man, there's plenty of time to make alterations to that leader board. except for @quantum I guess. that's too much work and I don't have the time.

ok.....i'll give you chaps a bit more time, to squeeze in more Spectre viewings!

:)
    I reached sweet sixteen today. No, that's not me fibbing (quite dramatically!) about my age - I mean I saw SP for a 16th time. I was half expecting to have the auditorium all to myself this evening now that the Millennium Falcon has landed. I even joked with the guy who ripped my ticket (not as an act of vandalism, I might add) that I was probably the only person in the cinema not going to see 'Star Wars'. "You'd be surprised," he replied. And I was! Last Monday I was one of just 7 punters savouring the delights of 'Spectre'. Tonight I started counting my fellow patrons as they arrived... and gave up when the number passed 30! For a 5PM performance on a Monday at my local Cineworld two months after the film was released I'd say that's pretty good going. Looks like there's life in the old film yet.
    I reached sweet sixteen today. No, that's not me fibbing (quite dramatically!) about my age - I mean I saw SP for a 16th time. I was half expecting to have the auditorium all to myself this evening now that the Millennium Falcon has landed. I even joked with the guy who ripped my ticket (not as an act of vandalism, I might add) that I was probably the only person in the cinema not going to see 'Star Wars'. "You'd be surprised," he replied. And I was! Last Monday I was one of just 7 punters savouring the delights of 'Spectre'. Tonight I started counting my fellow patrons as they arrived... and gave up when the number passed 30! For a 5PM performance on a Monday at my local Cineworld two months after the film was released I'd say that's pretty good going. Looks like there's life in the old film yet.

Yep, after the craze for SW7 on its opening weekend, i do expect cinema goers to go an see the other films available as well.

No.1:- 'quantumofsolace' - 16 viewings
    I am hoping to get #8 in but suddenly time is an issue. Combination of work and the season.
    Film is still playing first run here, so there is still time for more viewings.
    Lets do a final tally, when the movie leaves theatres in major markets
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,098
    I am hoping to get #8 in but suddenly time is an issue. Combination of work and the season.
    Film is still playing first run here, so there is still time for more viewings.
    Lets do a final tally, when the movie leaves theatres in major markets

Ok......@timmer, anyway you only need one more viewing to take the runners up prize. :)
    Saw Star Wars at 11am today, after SW I snuck in a Spectre showing for a few minutes towards the ending at Blofelds lair. To my suprise there wwas about 30-40 people seated.
    Anyone here see SP at the cinema over Xmas?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I saw it a second time on Christmas Day. The theatre was packed, but then again it only has one screening per day now.
    I saw it a second time on Christmas Day. The theatre was packed, but then again it only has one screening per day now.

Good to hear. :)

Did you enjoy the film better or less, on second viewing?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I enjoyed the film as a whole more the first time, but the highlights were just as good this second time, the whole opening, Rome, train fight and Blofeld in his surveillance room.
    This afternoon I saw SP for the very first time... in 2016, that is. This brings my tally up to 17 big screen viewings. Will there be an 18th? Hmm, it's looking a bit dicey. The film has already gone from my local Cineworld and from tomorrow it will be down to a single daily late evening performance at Showcase (where I saw it today). Cinemas shouldn't be too hasty to let it go, though. I reckon it's still got "legs". Directly before today's viewing I finally got round to watching 'Star Bores: The Farce Weakens' (can you tell I didn't like it very much?) - which was released just three weeks ago amidst the most hysterical hype ever - and found myself one of only 4 people in the screening. With SP, however, - now in it's fourth calendar month on release - I was amidst a crowd (okay, maybe that word is something of an exaggeration under the circumstances) of 10 patrons enjoying the finest film of both 2015 and 2016.