SPECTRE:- Cinema Viewings

12345679»

Comments

I am done at 7. The screenings are now way too inconvenient to get to, plus I am swamped with work and other stuff I have to do.
    7 screenings for one first release Bond film is new record.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Three times. Second time with my kids.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Broke my record with 5 viewings. Except I did like it.
    Current leaderboard:-

No.1:- 'quantumofsolace' - 17 viewing
    ^:)^ :-O
    No.2= :- 'Monsieur_Aubergine' - 7 viewings
    No.2= :- 'Trigger' - 7 viewings
    No.2= :- 'Timmer' - 7 viewings

As 'Spectre' is coming to the end of its theatrical run, @quantumofsolace, has added another viewing to take his tally to an astonishing 17 viewings.
    @Timmer made a brave late charge to make up ground to join equal 2nd. :)
    While you're wall waiting for DVD/BR i watched it in cinema for the 2nd time :D

As time went by my initial rating of SP sorta fell down but I knew that I had to see this movie more than once.

So I bought a ticket few days ago for today. Sadly I was really tired so I guess I couldn't appreciate the movie as the first time.

Anyways even tho I was tired I still think the movie starts being good after the train fight. The train fight is still badass and the whole Blofeld's lair thingy is still amazing and it's my favorite part of the movie.

This time I liked the PTS more than the first time. The helicopter fight is great actually.

I still don't like how Bond immediately calls Obenhauser as Blofeld. Idk it felt random
    "I'm Blofeld now"
    "k"

As if people change their personas every day..

Another thing I didn't like was the action. I came to conslussion that Mendes should stick to non-action thingies. SkyFall was great cause it didn't feel like:

Action scene 1
    Action scene 2
    Action scene 3
    Action scene 4
    Finale

Which is what SPECTRE was. I think that there were a lot of "movie stuff" in SP, like Bond casually killing those guys after leaving the Lair, and Bond somehow defying the odds and shooting the helicopter in which Obenhauser was. ( i kinda think Obenhauser is catchier than Blofeld now..idk why)

I still think that Obenhauser being Blofeld is a bad idea.

Also I still wonder where the hell did Bond get that hellicopter at the clinic.. and why didn't he just kill Hinx after he crashed the heli into his car/jeep.

Overall, as I was tired I watched the movie more like a "eh..let's watch this", but I still was excited with the Lair's scene.

Some people were cringing at the drilling scene.

The theater was packed full. But as opposed to the premiere night this time it had "casual crowd" which I don't even think they laughed or reacted at anything.

I'll see it again once it goes out on DVD/BR.

Also watching this movie I came to conclusion that the best Bond movies are when Bond is sharing screen time with the villains.

GF and OHMSS are considered the best movies. CR same. SF is considered this too by many people. LTK too. In all these movies Bond shares a lot of time with the villains.

Maybe that's why I really like AVTAK.

So whoever does Bond25....just be sure to have scenes with Bond and the villain.

Oh, and I almost forgot...the CGI in this movie at timed felt terrible..please don't use CGI for big scenes in the future and try to make it as simple as possible. I am pretty sure 40 years from now people will watch this movie and react the same way some people react to DN. (ha! That's obvious greenscreen!)

Birdleson wrote: »
    It is crazy, as much as I deride the film, but I went to an AMC Theatre today to see a different movie. After it was over, I left my theatre and SPECTRE was just starting two theaters down. I thought, "What the Hell", and slipped in. Previews were still going. So, fifth viewing in the cinema. I'm getting used to it, at least I know what I'm in for. I enjoyed it alright this time, but man it is the slowest Bond film that I have ever seen (I'm not talking about action, there's plenty of that and most of it is dull). The whole scene with Q at the Health Clinic doesn't work for me at all. Way too long, this one.

Hmm..the little devil in me always "told me" to slip into another hall after I watch a movie and I see another movie staring in another hall.. I never done it tho..maybe I should do it some day :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I still hate that I enjoyed this one so damn much but only got around to seeing it twice. Was hoping to catch it at least five times, but alas, it didn't pan out and I can't find any nearby theaters still playing it. Oh well, there's always time to make up for it by seeing the next one a whole bunch, provided it's a well done, enjoyable film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 if you promise, like I will, to watch your Blu Ray of SP until the disc is all worn out, all is forgiven.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47 if you promise, like I will, to watch your Blu Ray of SP until the disc is all worn out, all is forgiven.

I can most certainly do that. It's already a given that that'll happen.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Also I still wonder where the hell did Bond get that hellicopter at the clinic.. and why didn't he just kill Hinx after he crashed the heli into his car/jeep.
    Well it isn't a helicopter, just an aeroplane, but I was wondering the same, until I paid more attention to the scene where he arrives at the clinic (by plane). In that final aireal shot in the left lower corner you see a small airfield a walking distance away from the clinic. As Bond arrives there, he knows how to get there fast.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Well it isn't a helicopter, just an aeroplane, but I was wondering the same, until I paid more attention to the scene where he arrives at the clinic (by plane). In that final aireal shot in the left lower corner you see a small airfield a walking distance away from the clinic. As Bond arrives there, he knows how to get there fast.

I have no idea how aeroplan works...is it like a car and someone just randomly "left his keys" so Bond can start it? :D

Too many coincidence moments is what I didn't like, but I don't want to repeat myself from what I said above.

Overall..I was fine with the movie on the 2nd viewing, I just wish I wasn't tired while I watched it.

Also the guy that went 16+ times is a legend! I don't know how he finds the strength for that.

Is this movie still playing in some cinemas around the world?

Also I forgot to say that I lost my ticket for the first time I watched the movie so I had to watch it another time so I can have the ticket saved :D
    Skyfall was the first Bond film I saw in theaters. Spectre was my second. It was awesome on the bigscreen, very memorable, same with its predecessor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spectre is still playing here as well, but just one afternoon screening.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Dragonsky tbh yes, it is basically like that. It isn't really hard to steal an aeroplane if you know how to fly.

Went to see the film again yesterday, so I'm up to 6 viewings now. Getting close to that shared 2nd place. I don't know for how long it will be running yet. This weekend many viewings were sold out, but yesterday afternoon (mind you, no holiday and just a working day, I took a couple of hours off from work) there were just a view people. Then again it was in a huge theater with a 4k screen.
    As some of you are still going to the cinema to see SP, then i shall wait to the end of January, to post the final placings for the most cinema views of SP. Don't forget to update us if you have any recent viewings which would put you on the leaderboard. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Glad you liked it more this time around, @Birdleson.

Does it still sit in the same spot on your ranking?
    I take it an onboard viewing on an intercontinental flight doesn't count? Then I'm definately stuck on 6. never made it to the stage.. pity...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SPECTRE

ELEVEN
    XI

you better believe it :))

Spectre is clear record holder, I may have seen Lethal Weapon (1987) 8 or 9 times and The Bodyguard 8 or 9 times too.
    I heard yesterday of a collegue who's a huge StarWars fan who went to the latest installment a whopping 33 times!
    SPECTRE

ELEVEN
    XI

you better believe it :))

Spectre is clear record holder, I may have seen Lethal Weapon (1987) 8 or 9 times and The Bodyguard 8 or 9 times too.

Is that correct, that you have seen SP 11 times?......and if so why have you left it so late to tell us?

:)