SPECTRE:- Cinema Viewings

Comments

• bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Twice for SPECTRE.. The second viewing I had a fight with two guys .. Very rude people ! Im waiting the DVD to watch it with my 60 inch TV ..
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I saw it with my mom in Cinemark XD. We had perfect seats in a huge IMAX sized theater room with less than 20 people. Early screenings rule!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Twice so far, maybe take in one more before it goes, and then wait for the blu-ray to appear. Too far from an IMAX so will just have to be content with 'normal' cinema for now!
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    mepal1 wrote: »
    8 times so far. Going again tomorrow. Bought a £60 Showcase gift card for £45 today. It's not going to last long!

I was waiting for you to post 'quantumofsolace'.............coz i just knew you would have seen the film more times than anyone else..........and i was correct.
    Well done u go straight to the top of the leader board.........but you do have some competition.

btw: was QOS the most watched Bond film u saw at the cinema?....and what was the final count?

:)

Yes, I watched it 24 times - not because it's my favourite DC Bond (which it isn't) but simply because I had more opportunities to see it.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 582
    Just once. I don't intend to see it again until it's out on Blu-Ray, I want that sense of anticipation again when it comes out on Blu. If it was like the old days when it would take about a year before you could buy it on home video I probably would see it again. But it'll be out on Blu-Ray probably February/March time. Although if a friend who hasn't seen it goes and asks if I want to go I would probably see it again, which is what happened when Skyfall came out. And I have a projector with 104" image these days with 5.1 surround so I'll still have that big screen feeling when it comes out on Blu too.
    The Guinness book of records for highest number of viewings of a film at a cinema, belongs to Myra Franklin a woman in Wales, who has seen 'The Sound of Music' 940. times.

So, u people have got some way to go yet! :))

I wonder how they verified that - she must have kept all 940 tickets.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,098
    tigers99 wrote: »
    The Guinness book of records for highest number of viewings of a film at a cinema, belongs to Myra Franklin a woman in Wales, who has seen 'The Sound of Music' 940. times.

.........apparently her aim was to see the film a thousand times.............and all her viewings were at the same cinema...........her story is documented on the internet.......sounds like she was a bit of a nutter to me! :))
    That movie is 3 hours long aswell..

.........apparently her aim was to see the film a thousand times.............and all her viewings were at the same cinema...........her story is documented on the internet.......sounds like she was a bit of a nutter to me! :))

One viewing of The Sound of Music is enough for me!

One viewing of The Sound of Music is enough for me!

i agree..........not sure if i've even seen it once all the way thru'...........i bleedin hate musicals!
    I've now reached double-oh double figures following another double-bill. (Try saying that after a double Vesper!) Or, to put it another way, following two more viewings today I have now seen SP ten times. And I'm certainly not finished yet.
    Now, even to the most ardent Bond fan this may seem a tad excessive... if not downright barmy! But there is method in my madness. Firstly, I honestly love the film. That may seem like stating the obvious. After all, nobody would be daft enough to repeatedly watch a film that they didn't like. Right? Um... wrong. The moment I saw GE it was a case of loathe at first sight. I couldn't (and still can't) stand Brosnan as Bond. And yet I still went to see it ten times. Why? I guess the only answer is Bondmania. Basically the fanaticism that possesses everyone on this forum to some degree. I mean, do you think Joe Public is endlessly discussing and critiquing SP frame by frame in forensic detail the way we are? I very much doubt it. (They don't know what they're missing!)
    This mania makes us all behave in ways that to people who don't share our passion must seem incomprehensible. Like... watching a film over and over when you think it's rubbish. Admittedly with each Brosnan flick getting increasingly dire (in my opinion) my cinema visits dwindled, ending in me wincing my way through the unspeakably awful DAD just the once.
    The other reason for me watching SP so frequently in such a short space of time is that every film, no matter how low budget or how intimate a drama, ALWAYS looks and sounds better on the big screen. It's an infinitely more immersive experience - no matter how fancy a home cinema set up you have, it can never, ever compare. And when it comes to the eye-popping, eardrum-battering, sensory overload of a JB epic you can multiply this by 1,007!
    As for me watching it so many times in the first few weeks when there's every likelihood that it will still be gracing our local multiplex's into early 2016... it's all about seeing it on the biggest and best screens. At a push it will hang onto the premium spots for another month - but as soon as a certain motion picture set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away arrives...
    There is one downside to all these wall to wall viewings, though: sitting through the same interminable half hour of irritating adverts and trailers for dumb, CGI-filled pap that I'd rather spend a couple of hours strapped to you-know-who's (I shan't mention his name - just in case) high-tech chair than ever watch! (That godforsaken 'Hunger Games' sequel looks particularly vile.)
    One thing's for sure: no matter how many times I see it, once it's gone from our Showcases, Cineworlds, Odeons and Vues I know I'll once again find myself bereft that I didn't squeeze in just one more viewing!
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Seen it 3 times and will get in at least two more in the cinema, if just to solidify how I feel about it. I would like to play this game but 8+ viewings is probably too much for me haha
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,098
    So.........'quantumofsolace' ..............that's 10 viewings, very impressive.

I've only seen film twice, both at a 'Cineworld' cinema.

I agree with you about having to sit thru' all those bleedin adverts, that's why it is an advantage to book a ticket online, coz you can arrive at the cinema late, knowing there is a seat waiting for you, even if the theatre is packed.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Murdock wrote: »
    I saw it with my mom in Cinemark XD. We had perfect seats in a huge IMAX sized theater room with less than 20 people. Early screenings rule!
    I was also invited to an IMAX advanced screening to quite possibly the best screen in Canada, maybe even North America.
    So.........'quantumofsolace' ..............that's 10 viewings, very impressive.

I've only seen film twice, both at a 'Cineworld' cinema.

I agree with you about having to sit thru' all those bleedin adverts, that's why it is an advantage to book a ticket online, coz you can arrive at the cinema late, knowing there is a seat waiting for you, even if the theatre is packed.

The pretentious, long-winded one for 'San Miguel' is particularly annoying. It's only beer for heaven's sake! What also bugs me is that at Showcase (where I've seen 9 out of 10) the words "And now for our feature presentation" appear on the screen... only to be followed by yet ANOTHER advert!
    Updated leaderboard:-

No.1:- 'quantumofsolace' - 10 viewings
    No.2 :- 'Monsieur_Aubergine' - 7 viewings
    No.3 :- 'Trigger' - 6 viewings
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    3 times here. First time I've ever seen a movie three times in the theaters. Only the 2nd time I've seen a movie more than once (Rush Hour 2). I don't think I'll be catching up with the leaders anytime soon. 10 viewings? Good for you!
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited November 2015 Posts: 364
    Seen it 3 times and will get in at least two more in the cinema, if just to solidify how I feel about it. I would like to play this game but 8+ viewings is probably too much for me haha

I'm pretty much in the same boat. 3 times (back to back to back days, in fact) and that third viewing was already a few days ago. I'm cooling off a little bit, but will definitely make another trip, thinking maybe two even, before it leaves theatres. As much as Bond is my favourite franchise by a country mile, I'm also a general film buff. I'm going to have to start seeing some other stuff soon!

10 viewings, and in such a short time span?!? I really like SP, but there's no way I'd accomplish that.
    eddychaput wrote: »

I'm pretty much in the same boat. 3 times (back to back to back days, in fact) and that third viewing was already a few days ago. I'm cooling off a little bit, but will definitely make another trip, thinking maybe two even, before it leaves theatres. As much as Bond is my favourite franchise by a country mile, I'm also a general film buff. I'm going to have to start seeing some other stuff soon!

10 viewings, and in such a short time span?!? I really like SP, but there's no way I'd accomplish that.

Its not a competition............more of a fun thing to see how many times a Bond fan is prepared to see a film at the cinema! :)
    eddychaput wrote: »

Its not a competition............more of a fun thing to see how many times a Bond fan is prepared to see a film at the cinema! :)

Agreed. Simply reading these stories about how people are going so many times and their reasons why is fun in of itself!

0 times.

I still have to wait until early December.

:(
  • Wow, some of you guys are hardcore! I loved CR, but only went twice (on the first Friday night, and then again on the Sunday afternoon). Saw QOS once, and SF three times - and that was probably only because I had movie cash from buying some Bond blurays so the 2nd and 3rd viewings were free.
    Seen SP once so far, will go again this weekend. May or may not go a third time.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In 12 hours I'll see it the fifth time!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
    edited November 2015 Posts: 364
    dandan wrote: »
    0 times.

@dandan Bless your heart, your time will come.
    dandan wrote: »
    0 times.

.....whys that?..........do you live on a remote island in the pacific?.........or is that when your prison sentence finishes?

:)
    @quantumsolace your commitment to quality cinema viewings is commendable
    I'm only at a paltry 3 first week viewings, but more to come.Two in Imax though.
    I have you beat on DAD though- 5 cinema viewings.
    And I think I've seen GF at least 10x in cinema. It keeps coming back for special showings more than any Bond film.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Watched once on Monday at cinema. I plan to watch again next week. :D
  • 3 as of yesterday. Went to the Hackney Picturehouse, they have the 'In memory of people who died serving their country' memorial up in the cinema with 'James Bond' painted on there! Pretty cool.

Also could someone please point me in the direction of where i can find the opening tracking shot? I saw the film again last night with a friend and we literally missed the first 5 minutes and I really want to show him that great opening shot! Thanks!
    timmer wrote: »
    @quantumsolace your commitment to quality cinema viewings is commendable
    I'm only at a paltry 3 first week viewings, but more to come.Two in Imax though.
    I have you beat on DAD though- 5 cinema viewings.
    And I think I've seen GF at least 10x in cinema. It keeps coming back for special showings more than any Bond film.

I'm certainly glad not to have equalled your DAD record, Timmer! Not sure how many times I've seen GF on the big screen. First saw it in '74 in a double-bill with DN. Saw two back to back showings in Nottingham a couple of years ago. Not all that many in between, sadly.