SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Is "SPECTRE Production Timeline" or "Your review of the film / Bond 25 suggestion" topic ? ...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    There really isn't a point for this thread anymore, I'm sure it'll die out soon. We have the Production Diary for 'Bond 25,' and countless review topics. If this thread plans on turning hostile and off topic (though then again, just about anything is off topic for it now) after 860 pages, there's no point in keeping it open at all.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    @Gustav_Graves, I'll communicate the way I always have, as I'm sure so will you. Thanks for your advice, but no thanks. Continue to express yourself on the films, what you like, and what you don't like. So will I. Again, thank you for your advice.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 847
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    There really isn't a point for this thread anymore, I'm sure it'll die out soon. We have the Production Diary for 'Bond 25,' and countless review topics. If this thread plans on turning hostile and off topic (though then again, just about anything is off topic for it now) after 860 pages, there's no point in keeping it open at all.

Of course this topic have an interest, now the film is out since some week we can can have info or interwiew about the production who could'nt be given by the interested for spoiler cause... (i sure it would be happen for knowing someone...). It' must be open but no feed per the contributor for nothing...

They are 860 page, for the posterity (beacause they are people who will came here in some month/year), it would be nice to stay on topic and not diverging about something else... For have do that some week ago (re-read some hundred page of this topic), I could say it's was anoying to loose time te read some useless things again and again.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would say there are 860 pages because this is three years worth of rumors, pre-production, speculation, and production notes. Just read the title of the thread - 'SPECTRE Production Timeline.' There's no longer a timeline since production on SPECTRE is complete. Any new information we may receive belongs in the 'Bond 25 Production Diary' thread.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'm moving to that thread as well. Hope to see everyone there!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    James Bond fans spot 35 gaffes in Spectre
    mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/james-bond-fans-spot-35-6918682
    To me, thats always the very last category, that is interesting. They wont get any nods for that either.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The song is so bad, it could actually win.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    What about cinematography? Where is the consideration for that? Surely better than the song imho.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,119
    bondjames wrote: »
    What about cinematography? Where is the consideration for that? Surely better than the song imho.

Following "Skyfall", Sony Pictures will be heavily screening "SPECTRE" for Academy audiences, as you can see in here:
    https://secure.sonypictures.com/movies/academy/foryourconsideration/?film=spectre
    https://secure.sonypictures.com/movies/academy/attendeeinfo/
    https://secure.sonypictures.com/movies/academy/

I think "SPECTRE" could get a nomination or two for 'Sound Editing' and 'Original Song'. But that will be the max I think.
  • bondjames wrote: »

Following "Skyfall", Sony Pictures will be heavily screening "SPECTRE" for Academy audiences, as you can see in here:
    https://secure.sonypictures.com/movies/academy/foryourconsideration/?film=spectre
    https://secure.sonypictures.com/movies/academy/attendeeinfo/
    https://secure.sonypictures.com/movies/academy/

I think "SPECTRE" could get a nomination or two for 'Sound Editing' and 'Original Song'. But that will be the max I think.

They misspelled Harris' name as Harries.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

I find this a bit offensive. They have the audacity to try and get the score and song elected for Oscar nominations. Really? I liked WoTw but not only was it badly received its nowhere near Oscar worthy and the less said about Be woman's score the better. This is a joke and I really do fear the mindset of the producers right now. They're making some really dodgy judgement calls as of late.

• doubleoego wrote: »

I find this a bit offensive. They have the audacity to try and get the score and song elected for Oscar nominations. Really? I liked WoTw but not only was it badly received its nowhere near Oscar worthy and the less said about Be woman's score the better. This is a joke and I really do fear the mindset of the producers right now. They're making some really dodgy judgement calls as of late.

It worked last time (Skyfall nominated and won, Newman nominated). Also, Newman has been nominated multiple times. I've said it before, I think Newman's talented (and is from a talented family of composers), but I don't think Bond movies fit his skill sets.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Just to say I like Mendes direction in both Skyfall and SPECTRE. I'm glad we had him for these two Bond films. No complaints from me. I have only a few things I would change about SPECTRE; nothing major.

Music being the biggest thing I would definitely change. For Newman to get nominated in any category for this film is ridiculous, in my opinion.
    WoTw is nowhere near the sensation that SF was/is and Newman's background and multiple nominations is irrelevant when tge man should be judged by the single piece of work he did in this case for SP, which was a step down from his work on SF and even then, his SF score was mediocre at best. IMO these considerations should be ignored and passed over.
    They will be passed over, but cinematografie here is one if the bigger disappointments. All those orange filters...what was he thinking?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 11,139
    That's a question that can be assigned to many of the decisions that went into making this film.
  • Sound and visual effects, as well as production design and costume design are the categories I can see Spectre grabbing a nomination or two in. Score and song - no, no, no!
  • doubleoego wrote: »

I didn't post those links without a reason. There will be several 'for your consideration' posters. By only posting this one, it looks like Sony prefers the music departments as their most favourite one. But that's a misguided presumptious thought.
  • Sam Mendes Career Retrospective

http://www.bafta.org/film/features/sam-mendes-a-life-in-pictures

151130_SamMendes_005.jpg

-He talks about his relationship with MGW & BB
    -How SP had a lot more time restraints that SF
    -The opening shot of SP

Mendes had no background as an action director, and for me, it really showed in SF as the action stuff never seemed integrated into the film itself. The action was mostly big set pieces that were no doubt completely directed by the 2nd unit director with Mendes standing around with a clip board looking like he was directing the action. At least, Mendes did better with the action in SP, but he's still not an action director that can integrate the action with the drama end. The scripts were also a big issue for both his films, but that is Mendes' fault for using Logan. I hope they get a director with strong action experience who also does drama well, as Bond is almost unique in requiring both. And for pete's sake EON, get a great writer this time.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,116
    In my opinion I don't feel the SF action is not well integrated. Adds to the plot and the last third is pretty much a pursuit of Silva then Silva's pursuit back.

If anything the action is not as intense or as well thought out as some films. That's more true for SP than SF for me.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 725
    Don't agree. The SF subway scene was a waste of huge $, and the PTS was also meaningless plot wise, as Bond getting shot could have been done a dozen different ways. The Home Alone ending was also not exactly thrilling, at least to me. So it's all about your perspective, but I thought the action in SP was better integrated and just better all around. It could have been improved in the last 3rd of the film, and I thought the explosion wasn't worth the $, but I still thought most SP's action work was better.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    smitty wrote: »
    Don't agree. The SF subway scene was a waste of huge $, and the PTS was also meaningless plot wise, as Bond getting shot could have been done a dozen different ways. The Home Alone ending was also not exactly thrilling, at least to me. So it's all about your perspective, but I thought the action in SP was better integrated and just better all around. It could have been improved in the last 3rd of the film, and I thought the explosion wasn't worth the $, but I still thought most SP's action work was better.

I'll agree the ending of SF has never quite done it for me.

The SP action sequences save the PTS were never as developed as they could have been in my opinion.

Appreciate your opinion though.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 203
    you hit the nail on the head @mcdonbb ... imagine what John Glenn would have done in those action sequences with the budget Sam had. He was inventive and developed the action scenes that progressed and ended with a bang. You see the same weakness with TWINE and QOS ... drama director's can't to action properly.

The only good action scenes in SP are in spite of Sam IMO. The pre-titles, due to the stunt pilots capabilities incorporated into the scene (see his redbull ad) and the train fight due to the fight choreographer/coordinator. Sam does not have enough imagination for creative action set pieces.
    smitty wrote: »
    Mendes had no background as an action director, and for me, it really showed in SF as the action stuff never seemed integrated into the film itself. The action was mostly big set pieces that were no doubt completely directed by the 2nd unit director with Mendes standing around with a clip board looking like he was directing the action. At least, Mendes did better with the action in SP, but he's still not an action director that can integrate the action with the drama end. The scripts were also a big issue for both his films, but that is Mendes' fault for using Logan. I hope they get a director with strong action experience who also does drama well, as Bond is almost unique in requiring both. And for pete's sake EON, get a great writer this time.

100% agree. Mendes has proved now beyond doubt that he cannot do action. And although the writing improved with SP, EON really desperately need to get a grip on the writing.
    #Campbell4Bond25, lets get it trending :)