Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

I only own Rory Kinner's interpereation of Live and Let Die. I heard one of them was really good and you might be right Does he read Bond with a Bond voice?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,727
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    I only own Rory Kinner's interpereation of Live and Let Die. I heard one of them was really good and you might be right Does he read Bond with a Bond voice?

Yes, and them some. He reads Bond the way Fleming intended him to sound, imo. Assertive, calm and with an underlying cynicism & menace even.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,296
    That's going on my Christmas list.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Jonahtan Bailey
    Born: April 25, 1988 in Oxfordshire, England, UK 27 years old.

Played Olly in ITV's hit Broadchurch, Done productions for the National Theatre including Othello.

rhr6vd.jpg

2hqwcx5.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Jonahtan Bailey

Played Olly in ITV's hit Broadchurch, Done productions for the National Theatre including Othello.

rhr6vd.jpg

2hqwcx5.jpg

Nice suggestion.
  • And nice ears.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    And nice ears.

Delete
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    He's a good looking enough guy and physically has potential, but I think he needs to age into his face. He looks like a waiter or something at the moment imho. If Craig does one more, then maybe he could be ready in 2020/2021.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Ryan Gosling? If him being Canadian can be looked past, would be a good Bond. Great actor, commands the screen in Drive.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ryan Gosling is many things but 007 he isn't.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    That's what makes this thread such interesting reading. Everyone has there own very genuine opinion on who would be a good Bond. My views on who could replace DC do not match other people's. Like wise some other suggestions are not to my taste.
    It demonstrates how big a deal choosing is for BB and MGW, they can actually never get it fully correct. Daniel Craig has piloted the most financially successful films in the series but is not universally liked, never could be. His replacement won't be, the best that can be hoped for is that he is good enough.
    Tough job, I wouldn't fancy choosing.
  • Jonahtan Bailey

I know nothing about him, but this is probably the kind of up and coming/under the radar actor that EON will actually be looking at, while the media is busy writing the 318th "Should Idris Elba be Bond?" clickbait piece.
    Jack Huston.

Has the look, knows how to act, and is the right age:
    476194573-1.jpg
    Nope
    Getafix wrote: »
    Nope
    Why? He was good in Boardwalk Empire. I see potential.
    He just looks like a spiv. There is nothing heroic about him. He may well be a fine actor but Babs is never gonna cast this guy.
    He just looks like a spiv. There is nothing heroic about him. He may well be a fine actor but Babs is never gonna cast this guy.
    As long as she doesn't go for Hemsworth or Hunnan I'll sleep easy.
    bondjames wrote: »

I really don't think she will... do you? Hope not. Please nooooo
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Which Hemsworth?
    Chris or Liam ?
    With Chris id be ok witn Liam no way.

Give Liam Hemsworth a few more years he will be striking hot on the iron in every househousled. Wasn't he on the sexiest man alive as well ? That speaks to his appeal but is his tBritish? It doesn't matter neither was Brosnan and Lazenby and even Burt Reynolds Tom Jones everyone was asked about playing Bond in the past so why not bring it up with him at least and get him to say the line. That inevitable line, you seduce the woman bring her on set, slap her around a little and shout "Bond, James Bond!" This is even how they did it with Craig aback in 2005 still I thought we had moved ont into the new century but still we are still always seducing Tatitana in the seduction process to audition for a new Bond actor and I wonder how Liam would do in this department. Who am I kidding he would knock it out of a park.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Having a wife who is not a Bond fan has it's moments. She understands my interest, and will always watch the latest film at least once with me. We were watching some Harry Potter movies the other day and she suggested Matthew Lewis as a potential Bond.
    matthew-lewis-gossip-fe256faf97c200de0f7486ddf56c02f6-large-5793.jpg
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0507535/

Still only 26, and apart from HP not really well known. A possible.
    The other chap she said she could see was Rob James-Collier from Downton Abbey fame.
    1389633765_robert-jones-collier-zoom.jpg
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1674947/?ref_=fn_al_nm_4
    At 39 he's a good age, though not sure if he's quite got enough appeal to take on the iconic role.
    Still I like that she's at least thinking of potential Bonds. And that they're not the worst choices I've heard.
    Liam from Corrie? I think not.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Liam from Corrie? I think not.

What about Harry Potters f@ckwit friend? He could be James Bond.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Again, I think not. He looks like a total idiot. Watch chain? Has his face been stretched in Photoshop or something?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 8,127
    Again, I think not. He looks like a total idiot. Watch chain? Has his face been stretched in Photoshop or something?

=)) Nope. Just gormless >:)
    Szonana wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Which Hemsworth?
    Chris or Liam ?
    With Chris id be ok witn Liam no way.
    For me, both. Chris is undoubtedly a handsome fella, and most likely could pull in a lot of the ladies....in fact I'm sure he can. However, he doesn't have the charisma required for Bond imho.

Rob James-Collier certainly has the edge required for Bond.

What worries me is Gerard Butler is going to nail it next spring with London Has Fallen. That's his 'Bond' franchise.
    What about Taylour Kitsch, Sam Worthington, Sam Huntington...

:))

...Could you imagine. =))
    Gerard Butler will never be a threat.
    The suggestions on here never cease to amuse.
    They amuse but sometimes they also amaze. Let's not forget this is how Barbra discovered Dan- through a google search just like you and me and who knows else. Keep your minds open and your eyes even wider,