Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Barbara knew DC for years before casting him.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Guarantee who ever it is - some will love him (or her!) and some will hate him. Just so long as they choose a good actor who can keep the series going. James Bond Will Return
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Guarantee who ever it is - some will love him (or her!) and some will hate him. Just so long as they choose a good actor who can keep the series going. James Bond Will Return

If its a 'him' people will love it or hate it. If its a 'her' people will hate it.

No offense ladies.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I think this young man has that special something to be Bond
    Played the lead in War horse

Jeremy Irvine 25 years old, one for the future.

wtbzab.jpg
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Aidan Tuner of Poldark fame could be an option? 32 now so a decent age if we get one more from DC.

800x10007.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    There's some recent internet buzz around my pick: Jai Courtney. If I were EON, I'd give him serious consideration, even though he's an Aussie.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    TripAces wrote: »
    There's some recent internet buzz around my pick: Jai Courtney. If I were EON, I'd give him serious consideration, even though he's an Aussie.
    @TripAces, I have the highest respect for you and your opinions, but I will add Courtney to the list of names I mentioned earlier (Hemsworth and Hunnam) that would definitely scare me away from the franchise for some time. Attractive enough planks of wood.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Jai Courtney...?
    spider-man-whedon-3-1430829073.gif

He's a franchise killer that one. :))
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I hope Craig stays around, cause none the names mentioned on here are suitable.
    royale65 wrote: »
    I hope Craig stays around, cause none the nam8es mentioned on here are suitable.

Ya I'm with you I haven't seen anyone on here that I think would be a great bond.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Jai Courtney is about as charismatic as rancid elephant smegma.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's putting it mildly @royale56. =))
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 709
    Aidan Tuner of Poldark fame could be an option? 32 now so a decent age if we get one more from DC.

Yeah many people have mentioned him. I think he is a likely candidate who will at least be looked at/screentested by EON. This is the kind of person people should be thinking of. Go back and look at who read for CR, there was not ONE established cinema leading man among them, yet people fall into the same media hype trap and suggest anyone from the UK/Aus who's played a superhero.

I mean, its the year 2015 and someone is bringing up Gerard Butler, seriously?

Once again, as a public service announcement, forget Hemsworth (either), Jai Courtney, Gerard Butler etc. EON aren't going to hire anyone who is already playing leads in blockbusters. They want Bond as their unique action hero, not share him with some other action/superhero flick.
    What about Taylour Kitsch, Sam Worthington, Sam Huntington...

Could you imagine.

I guess you don't want to hear about how far Worthington got in the CR auditions then...

I agree.

This is why I've entertained the discussions about Elba. Even though he will never be Bond, and even though he's black, I still find him one of the more plausible names that's been mentioned.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Jai Courtney is about as charismatic as rancid elephant smegma.

Well, the big problem with Courtbey is that he's mostly played bad guys. But I saw an interview with him and was quite impressed.

I doubt anyone saw Bond in Daniel Craig, too: hence the early backlash. Courtney definitely has the look.

I am happy to stay with DC for another movie in 3 years time. Then i will take a look at who i think may have the potential to fill 007's shoes?
    I'm sorry but Jai Courtney is not the man. There are fewer things I'm more sure of than he will never set foot near a Walther PPK unless he is being shot by one.
    Getafix wrote: »

I agree.

This is why I've entertained the discussions about Elba. Even though he will never be Bond, and even though he's black, I still find him one of the more plausible names that's been mentioned.
    Me too, for exactly the same reasons.
    I'm not going to be convinced of anybody until I see them in a trailer for a Bond film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,691
    I'm still disappointed that Bruce Willis didn't just shoot Jai Courtney the moment he first saw him in Die Hard 5. Willis machine gunned almost the entire cast in that film, and he couldn't do the same thing to one of the most annoying guys in the Hollywood business?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yippee Jai-yay...
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Watched Steve Jobs tonight.
    Got to say, it's a damn shame that Fassbender probably won't be Bond. He's perfect fit. Such a fine actor, such a menacing look in his eyes that he can switch on and off.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Richard Armitage

His name has come up a couple of times. I've seen him in the Hobbit and Hannibal tv series. Does anyone know of something closer to Bond that he may have done which I could check out?
    566dd6cbe7f48215f89db12c95cf4ed8.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I haven't seen Armitage n much, but to see what he could be like as Bond, 'Strike Back' could give you an idea. And then there's his time on Spooks.
    Great, thanks @MajorDSmythe. I didn't know he was in either. I'll see if I can get a copy of Strike Back, because I've been meaning to watch that for a while.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think Armitage could have been a serious contender back in 2005. I'd have no objection to his casting (going off of Strike Back), but he's 44 now. I would like to be proven wrong, but I can't imagine EON casting a 40+ actor, now that they take 3 years to make a new film.
    Ok, thanks, I had no idea he was already in his 40's. For some reason I see his name coming up a lot online and he seems to look the part but should have checked.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Yep.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jai Courtney as Bond?

How are you people allowed to walk freely around in society?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Just a reminder EON has cast 40 plus before. So that's not excuse for Elda either as folks keep grasping at.

Moore was; Dalton almost was or was
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Just a reminder EON cast 40 plus all the time. So that's not excuse for Elda either as folks keep grasping at.

Yes, support the elda.