• edited November 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote: »
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    [I just think there is a reason that people keep on mentioning Elba and that's because when they picture him in the role there is something that just seems right about it - regardless of skin colour.
    I don't want a black Bond either, but I have to agree with this. Elba screams Bond and that's why it's being brought up over and over again. He is the best man for the job.

The pressure is on EON to find a suitable 'white' successor to Craig, to finally dispense with these rumours.

I don't see how anyone who speaks in a cockney accent is "the best man for the job". Yeah, I know, he could do an accent for Bond. But why hire someone who has to change the way they speak when there are plenty of candidates who would naturally sound right for it.

Anyway, straight from the horse's mouth...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/14/idris-elba-james-bond/?adid=external_site_spinmedia

Hilarious. You can accept actors who either had or concealed Scottish, Australian, Irish and Northern English accents, but because Elba's normal voice is London working class that discounts him?!

The hoops people will jump through to avoid saying "I don't want him because he's black".

Can I ask would you have a black Sherlock Holmes with a Cockney accent?

Totally. But Holmes is slightly different from Bond in that he's been played around with a lot more already. And there's no copyright or protection of the source material so you can do what you want.

For all it's deep rooted racism, the U.S. is much further ahead on the curve than the UK when it comes to roles for non white actors - there's a lot more creativity and openness to having non white faces in familiar and new roles.

The UK is in a bit a time warp in this respect.

Ultimately for me it's all about the quality of the end product. Would I prefer Henry Cavill or Idris Elba as Bond? For me it's simple - Elba is the better actor and better suited to the part in every respect apart from skin colour. I'd much rather have to adjust to the idea of black Bond than have to endure a decade of feeble acting just because we have to have a white guy in the lead role.

To prefer a bad white actor over a good black actor, just because you can't get your head around a much loved character having a different race is pretty sad IMO.

As I said above, Elba is not just getting the 'wouldn't it be cool if Bond was black' vote. People can genuinely see him doing a good job in the role. His CV is classic for Bond - lots of TV, with some low budget movies. That's the place most Bonds have come from in the past.

Any way, it ain't gonna happen.

Honestly you don't have a clue. The UK is time warped on race. You won't find a KKK In the UK. Your perception of the UK and race prejudice is deeply flawed. There are hundreds of leading UK black men and women in film and TV.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls002238225/

We may not produce as many films as the US but nothing else.

Elba is too old for the next Bond. He is so far detached from the creation he is not a Bond actor IMO nothing to do with race give me Chiwetel Umeadi Ejiofor over Elba anyday. I would put Elba in the Gerard Butler bracket.

Well, quite a lot of non white British actors would disagree with you, and while you're entitled to your views, I suggest you might want to do a little more reading around the subject.

All I'd say is that I'm British and I think that in many respects the UK can be reasonably proud in terms of its record on race. But in terms of providing equal opportunities in the arts and acting (particualrly TV and film) on a comparable scale to the U.S., we still have some way to go.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/28/roles-uk-black-minority-ethnic-actors-worse-than-ever-claims-david-oyelowo

And Ejiofor over Elba for Bond? Seriously?

Oscar nominated Ejiofor is a far better actor than Elba, Ejiofor is a trained Shakespearee Theatre actor and has worked with Spike Lee, Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg a whole world above Elba.

Elba is a former DJ and was a supporting TV actor that nobody had really heard of prior to Luther, which only grew in popularity as it grew a cult following over a few years, he is not a blockbuster leading man, he is a good TV actor who is good in supporting movie roles. He is currently voicing Shere Khan in the Jungle Book remake, I think that tell you he's found his level. He's the black Vinny Jones.

Well, he was pretty damn good in the Wire. But take your point. And a background in TV is where many Bond actors have come from - Rog, Tim, Pierce, Dan. It's how most British actors get their breaks.

Ejiofor may be the more overall gifted actor, but that doesnt automatically make him better Bond material.
    [I just think there is a reason that people keep on mentioning Elba and that's because when they picture him in the role there is something that just seems right about it - regardless of skin colour.
    I don't want a black Bond either, but I have to agree with this. Elba screams Bond and that's why it's being brought up over and over again. He is the best man for the job.

The pressure is on EON to find a suitable 'white' successor to Craig, to finally dispense with these rumours.

I don't see how anyone who speaks in a cockney accent is "the best man for the job". Yeah, I know, he could do an accent for Bond. But why hire someone who has to change the way they speak when there are plenty of candidates who would naturally sound right for it.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/14/idris-elba-james-bond/?adid=external_site_spinmedia

Hilarious. You can accept actors who either had or concealed Scottish, Australian, Irish and Northern English accents, but because Elba's normal voice is London working class that discounts him?!

The hoops people will jump through to avoid saying "I don't want him because he's black".

Totally. But Holmes is slightly different from Bond in that he's been played around with a lot more already. And there's no copyright or protection of the source material so you can do what you want.

For all it's deep rooted racism, the U.S. is much further ahead on the curve than the UK when it comes to roles for non white actors - there's a lot more creativity and openness to having non white faces in familiar and new roles.

Ultimately for me it's all about the quality of the end product. Would I prefer Henry Cavill or Idris Elba as Bond? For me it's simple - Elba is the better actor and better suited to the part in every respect apart from skin colour. I'd much rather have to adjust to the idea of black Bond than have to endure a decade of feeble acting just because we have to have a white guy in the lead role.

To prefer a bad white actor over a good black actor, just because you can't get your head around a much loved character having a different race is pretty sad IMO.

As I said above, Elba is not just getting the 'wouldn't it be cool if Bond was black' vote. People can genuinely see him doing a good job in the role. His CV is classic for Bond - lots of TV, with some low budget movies. That's the place most Bonds have come from in the past.

Honestly you don't have a clue. The UK is time warped on race. You won't find a KKK In the UK. Your perception of the UK and race prejudice is deeply flawed. There are hundreds of leading UK black men and women in film and TV.

Elba is too old for the next Bond. He is so far detached from the creation he is not a Bond actor IMO nothing to do with race give me Chiwetel Umeadi Ejiofor over Elba anyday. I would put Elba in the Gerard Butler bracket.

Well, quite a lot of non white British actors would disagree with you, and while you're entitled to your views, I suggest you might want to do a little more reading around the subject.

All I'd say is that I'm British and I think that in many respects the UK can be reasonably proud in terms of its record on race. But in terms of providing equal opportunities in the arts and acting (particualrly TV and film) on a comparable scale to the U.S., we still have some way to go.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/28/roles-uk-black-minority-ethnic-actors-worse-than-ever-claims-david-oyelowo

Oscar nominated Ejiofor is a far better actor than Elba, Ejiofor is a trained Shakespearee Theatre actor and has worked with Spike Lee, Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg a whole world above Elba.

Elba is a former DJ and was a supporting TV actor that nobody had really heard of prior to Luther, which only grew in popularity as it grew a cult following over a few years, he is not a blockbuster leading man, he is a good TV actor who is good in supporting movie roles. He is currently voicing Shere Khan in the Jungle Book remake, I think that tell you he's found his level. He's the black Vinny Jones.

Well, he was pretty damn good in the Wire. But take your point. And a background in TV is where many Bond actors have come from - Rog, Tim, Pierce, Dan. It's how most British actors get their breaks.

Ejiofor may be the more overall gifted actor, but that doesnt automatically make him better Bond material.

Tim and Pierce were theatre trained prior to any TV roles. You are right in that TV helped both their careers. Dan was different though he had already worked with Spielberg and played lead in a Guy Ritchie movie. Brosnan's route to Bond was different he was dating Cassandra Harris who played Countess Lisl von Schlaf in FYEO in which he was introduced to Cubby on location who took one look at him and said ""if he can act ... he's my guy" in other words like Lazenby he was hired on his look alone. Dalton was a serious drama thespian actor the first actor hired on not just his look but his acting ability although Connery turned out to be a great he was also hired on his looks. Moore was hired because he was already a parody of Bond in Spy world in the Saint which had a massive following Moore was a Saltzman idea, Broccoli was unconvinced in casting him. Funny as Cubby and Moore because so close and even after Saltzman's departure Cubby stuck with him.

With the global audience and the budgets involved in Bond now, the days of casting a TV or Theatre actor only know to UK audience I believe are over. The next Bond will be someone British, and someone who has shown they have a range of acting with some global appeal and success. Dan will be a hard act to follow, in order to keep the non committal fans of the franchise to keep paying to see the movies it needs to be someone with draw. I think the one sticking out like a sore thumb is Tom Hardy two rumours which came over a year apart 1. He had already agreed to take over in a verbal agreement with EON and that he would not do a sequel to This Means War in which he played a spy or consider any other spy franchises. A year later the next rumour was that he has been told the job is his when Dan decides not to continue. I am looking at it from Barb's view and I am think Hardy is ticking the boxes

British
    Has already done massive films
    Has the physique
    Has a great range of acting
    Can be dry and funny
    dedicated to his craft and can morph in to roles Bane/Bronson/Krays
    Displays believable emotion on screen
    Gritty

He is at a good age to take over in two years, and an even better ages to take over in 4.
    Hardy himself says he doesn't want it to be talked about, because when peoples names are run by the press that person doesn't get considered further, so he clearly wants it.

I am pretty sure Tom Hardy will be the next James Bond. I reckon Nolan who worked who cast him in DKR and Inception would be the one directing him again.

Err... This would be many people's view of Idris Elba. Have you actually seen him in anything other than Luther. He's a decent actor and displays most, if not all the qualities you outline above.

He's currently lead in Beasts of No Nation, which has had some talking of Oscar nominations. He's been directed by Guy Ritchie, Ridley Scott and Ken Brannagh. He's been nominated for a Golden Globe three times and four Emmys. And he's probably better known in the US than Tom Hardy (who frankly looks like a bricklayer).

He's not the second rate bit part player you seem to be making him out to be.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138

Tim and Pierce were theatre trained prior to any TV roles. You are right in that TV helped both their careers. Dan was different though he had already worked with Spielberg and played lead in a Guy Ritchie movie. Brosnan's route to Bond was different he was dating Cassandra Harris who played Countess Lisl von Schlaf in FYEO in which he was introduced to Cubby on location who took one look at him and said ""if he can act ... he's my guy" in other words like Lazenby he was hired on his look alone. Dalton was a serious drama thespian actor the first actor hired on not just his look but his acting ability although Connery turned out to be a great he was also hired on his looks. Moore was hired because he was already a parody of Bond in Spy world in the Saint which had a massive following Moore was a Saltzman idea, Broccoli was unconvinced in casting him. Funny as Cubby and Moore because so close and even after Saltzman's departure Cubby stuck with him.

With the global audience and the budgets involved in Bond now, the days of casting a TV or Theatre actor only know to UK audience I believe are over. The next Bond will be someone British, and someone who has shown they have a range of acting with some global appeal and success. Dan will be a hard act to follow, in order to keep the non committal fans of the franchise to keep paying to see the movies it needs to be someone with draw. I think the one sticking out like a sore thumb is Tom Hardy two rumours which came over a year apart 1. He had already agreed to take over in a verbal agreement with EON and that he would not do a sequel to This Means War in which he played a spy or consider any other spy franchises. A year later the next rumour was that he has been told the job is his when Dan decides not to continue. I am looking at it from Barb's view and I am think Hardy is ticking the boxes

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

He is at a good age to take over in two years, and an even better ages to take over in 4.
    Hardy himself says he doesn't want it to be talked about, because when peoples names are run by the press that person doesn't get considered further, so he clearly wants it.

I am pretty sure Tom Hardy will be the next James Bond. I reckon Nolan who worked who cast him in DKR and Inception would be the one directing him again.

Err... This would be many people's view of Idris Elba. Have you actually seen him in anything other than Luther. He's a decent actor and displays most, if not all the qualities you outline above.

He's currently lead in Beasts of No Nation, which has had some talking of Oscar nominations. He's been directed by Guy Ritchie, Ridley Scott and Ken Brannagh. He's been nominated for a Golden Globe three times and four Emmys.

He hasn't been a hollywood lead or the lead in the British film for that matter his success has come from Luther and the Wire. I have seen him in Prometheus, 28 Weeks Later and Avengers: Age of Ultron, He's a good TV actor he's one dimensional in everything I have seen him in he's the same character. The debate is pointless, I do don't think he would have been a good Bond, you do, he won't ever be Bond now. So we can just agree to disagree on whether Elba is Bond material.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,425

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

He's currently lead in Beasts of No Nation, which has had some talking of Oscar nominations. He's been directed by Guy Ritchie, Ridley Scott and Ken Brannagh. He's been nominated for a Golden Globe three times and four Emmys.

He hasn't been a hollywood lead or the lead in the British film for that matter his success has come from Luther and the Wire. I have seen him in Prometheus, 28 Weeks Later and Avengers: Age of Ultron, He's a good TV actor he's one dimensional in everything I have seen him in he's the same character. The debate is pointless, I do don't think he would have been a good Bond, you do, he won't ever be Bond now. So we can just agree to disagree on whether Elba is Bond material.

Fair enough. And agreed he's never going to be Bond.

All I'd add is that until you actually see someone in the role you can't be sure if the actor is right or not. I had doubts about Brosnan as soon as he was cast. I saw him in that beard at the press conference and just thought "really?". Obviously many others were really happy. For me all my worst fears were confirmed within minutes of the start of GE.

When Dan was cast I immediatley knew I was going to like him, and so it turned out, even though most people seemed to think it was awful casting.

With the right actor the part also conveys an extra gravitas. I am not a great fan of Moore, Craig or Dalton outside of Bond (I'd actually rather watch the Broz), but I just think they all work as Bond.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I don't think, he has mass appeal really. Good actor, but better suited for small roles or supporting ones IMO.
    Hi career path almost replicates Daniels, Obligatroy guy Ritchie movie Rocknrolla - Tv Drama's playing the bad guys, on to Holywood playing the villain. Without a doubt if your EON and looking he is your front runner.
    That may be true, unless you want a change of pace or to take a different approach to DC.

You don't fix something that is not broken, and not when your dealing with Millions of pounds from a likely knew studio. They will want to keep the buzz going and try to make the change seemless. I think Hardy would be a natural transition from Craig. I think he could convince that he is the same Bond as Daniels. Not unless you go full on reboot again, but then you risk it not hitting the right note on its first film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I don't think, he has mass appeal really. Good actor, but better suited for small roles or supporting ones IMO.
    Hi career path almost replicates Daniels, Obligatroy guy Ritchie movie Rocknrolla - Tv Drama's playing the bad guys, on to Holywood playing the villain. Without a doubt if your EON and looking he is your front runner.
    That may be true, unless you want a change of pace or to take a different approach to DC.

You don't fix something that is not broken, and not when your dealing with Millions of pounds from a likely knew studio. They will want to keep the buzz going and try to make the change seemless. I think Hardy would be a natural transition from Craig. I think he could convince that he is the same Bond as Daniels. Not unless you go full on reboot again, but then you risk it not hitting the right note on its first film.
    But arguably they are fixing it even now......SP is not CR or even SF. Not by a long shot....not to me. So they are changing direction. Going lighter. More OTT (surviving the building collapse without a scratch, similarly the torture, cracking jokes everywhere, and not giving a damn about all the 'author of pain' nonsense suggests this).
    Sir Hilary, as far as I know, Mad Max had 98% RT and was not the hit, they wanted. So, if they had a great film, what was the reason. Hardy maybe?
    EON are constantly tinkering with the old banger - changing old parts and pimping the hood and the hubcaps. Bond never changes - it just finds new ways to stay the same.

I am not convinced Hardy would be a good move.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't think Hardy would be a good fit at all as James Bond, either. Too rugged, too famous now, and he'll be in his 40's once shooting starts for the first Bond film with a new actor after Craig. I see his name thrown around a lot, along with Fassbender and Elba. Why do people constantly think any of these men will play James Bond?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I don't think Hardy would be a good fit at all as James Bond, either. Too rugged, too famous now, and he'll be in his 40's once shooting starts for the first Bond film with a new actor after Craig. I see his name thrown around a lot, along with Fassbender and Elba. Why do people constantly think any of these men will play James Bond?

I don't think many people think they will actually get the part. As you say, they're too old for one thing. They're just interesting names to consider. Better contenders than the names thrown around in the past - like Ewan McGregor and Hugh Grant.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can confidently say I would skip the newest Bond movie in theaters if it starred Hugh Grant.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

He's currently lead in Beasts of No Nation, which has had some talking of Oscar nominations. He's been directed by Guy Ritchie, Ridley Scott and Ken Brannagh. He's been nominated for a Golden Globe three times and four Emmys. And he's probably better known in the US than Tom Hardy (who frankly looks like a bricklayer).

List should be;

White British
    Has presence
    Has the physique/ Good looking
    Can be dry and funny
    dedicated to his craft and can morph in to roles
    Gritty
    I can confidently say I would skip the newest Bond movie in theaters if it starred Hugh Grant.

Agreed. But makes more sence than Elba though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Oh yes.
    Sir Hilary, as far as I know, Mad Max had 98% RT and was not the hit, they wanted. So, if they had a great film, what was the reason. Hardy maybe?

The next one is in production so it would seem the studio were satisfied to pump money back in to another.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 2,081

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

Craig hasn't played a lead (or a supporting character for that matter) in a movie directed by Guy Richie. Which movie are you talking about?

Was there ever even a remote possibility there would be a sequel to This Means War? Goodness me... Anyway, Hardy has gone on record saying he was miserable doing it, so - especially since he can get decent work as well - I'm sure there's no chance he'd go anywhere near it - Bond or no Bond. And it's not like the role was Bond-like, anyway.

As for the age... How would 40 be a good age to take over and 42 "even better"?
    EON are constantly tinkering with the old banger - changing old parts and pimping the hood and the hubcaps. Bond never changes - it just finds new ways to stay the same.

I'm not convinced, either. Even though I think he's a fantastic actor.

Yeah... I don't know... I certainly don't think any of them will. But at least it's easier to discuss about actors one knows a bit about instead of not.

I don't think many people think they will actually get the part. As you say, they're too old for one thing. They're just interesting names to consider. Better contenders than the names thrown around in the past - like Ewan McGregor and Hugh Grant.

Goodness... Though recently I saw an old article that mentioned Will Smith and Tom Cruise as contenders...

No. It's not a family film like Bond, and more of a cult franchise than Bond... and it had been a long time since the previous films. So more limited appeal. And it cost more than expected (nowhere near Spectre figures, though) due to unforeseen production problems. In any case, it was surely not expected to be a mega blockbuster in the first place, and it was hardly a flop. I'd say it did quite well all things considered (better than many expected, in fact), and more films are planned as well.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,661
    I think Craig is kinda miscast as Bond so Tom Hardy wouldn't be any worse or any better. I'm sure many candidates would fall into the same bracket. I doubt there is any actor out there that is a completely natural fit for James Bond. Just my humble opinion, of course. All the pro-Craig lot will disagree! Na na na na na! Idris Elbow for next Bond! No thanks.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I think Craig is kinda miscast as Bond so Tom Hardy wouldn't be any worse or any better. I'm sure many candidates would fall into the same bracket. I doubt there is any actor out there that is a completely natural fit for James Bond. Just my humble opinion, of course. All the pro-Craig lot will disagree! Na na na na na! Idris Elbow for next Bond! No thanks.
    At the risk of upsetting many, I may actually agree with you on Craig. I don't think he is a natural fit imho either. The fact that he has been able to make a success of it is a testament to his considerable acting acumen.

For me, the cracks in his armor only began to show in SP, precisely because they are going back to lighter fare. It is in that realm where I think DC is not all that great. He's better with the deep stuff (it's where he can really differentiate compared to other actors).

The next one is in production so it would seem the studio were satisfied to pump money back in to another.

It was crap. One long boring car chase with no characteriastionthus characters to care about.
    suavejmf wrote: »

It was crap. One long boring car chase with no characteriastionthus characters to care about.

I tend to agree. Give me Mel 'anti-semite' Gibson any day.

Regardless of his clearly insane ideas and objectionable views on many things, there's no denying Mel is a true star. It's a real shame he's been sidelined in the way he has. He's a great screen presence. Would have made a great Bond.

That last bits a joke.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 5,131
    Agreed on the Mad Max part. Ha ha. He was on the rumour list in the 90's despite being a midget and an Aussie.
    A good director as well. Apocalypto is mad but brilliant.
    Great Director agreed.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Agreed on the Mad Max part. Ha ha. He was on the rumour list in the 90's despite being a midget and an Aussie.

Midgetist!

Tuulia wrote: »

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

Craig hasn't played a lead (or a supporting character for that matter) in a movie directed by Guy Richie. Which movie are you talking about?

Was there ever even a remote possibility there would be a sequel to This Means War? Goodness me... Anyway, Hardy has gone on record saying he was miserable doing it, so - especially since he can get decent work as well - I'm sure there's no chance he'd go anywhere near it - Bond or no Bond. And it's not like the role was Bond-like, anyway.

Yeah... I don't know... I certainly don't think any of them will. But at least it's easier to discuss about actors one knows a bit about instead of not.

Goodness... Though recently I saw an old article that mentioned Will Smith and Tom Cruise as contenders...

No. It's not a family film like Bond, and more of a cult franchise than Bond... and it had been a long time since the previous films. So more limited appeal. And it cost more than expected (nowhere near Spectre figures, though) due to unforeseen production problems. In any case, it was surely not expected to be a mega blockbuster in the first place, and it was hardly a flop. I'd say it did quite well all things considered (better than many expected, in fact), and more films are planned as well.

Craig played the lead in Guy Ritchie 's Layer Cake. Maybe try Google before you post rants questioning the validity of my posts. What a jerk.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116

That's what Mad Max is... just kidding I loved the film but seriously it really is just everybody driving up the road checking out a naked chick then driving back.

Pretty much every road trip I took in college.
  • Tuulia wrote: »

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

Craig played the lead in Guy Ritchie 's Layer Cake. Maybe try Google before you post rants questioning the validity of my posts. What a jerk.

Layer Cake isn't a Guy Ritchie film. Give it a Google.

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

Layer Cake isn't a Guy Ritchie film. Give it a Google.
    This is very true.

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

Why the hostility? Have I insulted you somehow? I was not "questioning the validity of [your] posts", I was having a discussion with you.

I'm a Craig fan, I own Layer Cake, and no, it's not a Guy Richie film, I know that without Google. I asked an innocent question what movie you were talking about, and disagreed about Hardy to some extent, and that makes me a jerk who's ranting? I wasn't attacking you or calling you names, and I have no idea what your problem is, so I'll just leave it...

British
    Has the physique
    Can be dry and funny
    Gritty

Why the hostility? Have I insulted you somehow? I was not "questioning the validity of [your] posts", I was having a discussion with you.

I'm a Craig fan, I own Layer Cake, and no, it's not a Guy Richie film, I know that without Google. I asked an innocent question what movie you were talking about, and disagreed about Hardy to some extent, and that makes me a jerk who's ranting? I wasn't attacking you or calling you names, and I have no idea what your problem is, so I'll just leave it...

I apologise, I forget what started as a Guy Ritchie project in Layer Cake was taken over by his close friend Matthew Vaughn (who actually gave Ritchie his big break) Ritchie sited as being too busy to commit to the project (IMO Vaughn is a much better director). Ritchie left the Layer Cake project. As for the 40-42 comment I do not consider it too old, Dan is 47 and has another film left in him, A new Bond at 40-42 could easily do 4 films in 8-10 years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/how-we-met-guy-ritchie-matthew-vaughn-1101427.html

Tuulia your message do not real well, I have observed for a while now, your not one to agree with anyone, you like to quote people and constantly question rather abruptly, you can be very abrupt in the way your try to get your point across, remember there is a person behind the username at the other end reading, and is still a human being. I suspect you do not address people with the same hostility in person, I would ask you to think about how you get your point across.

Again apologies for being incorrect.
    How Hardy would appear as bond

tumblr_nx57yuSET31rk0adco1_1280.gif