Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Charlie Hunnam, shaven and with a clean cut of hair, could be very Connery-esque.

I've seen him in two films, Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak and find him to be completely devoid of charisma. He comes from the Aaron Taylor-Johnson/ Jai Courtney school of wooden acting. :P

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Charlie Hunnam, shaven and with a clean cut of hair, could be very Connery-esque.

I agree with this.
    Ive seen his calvin Klein add and it's totally Bond type.

• talos7 wrote: »

I've seen him in two films, Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak and find him to be completely devoid of charisma. He comes from the Aaron Taylor-Johnson/ Jai Courtney school of wooden acting. :P

Both movies that were about Guillermo del Toro jerking off with FX. His films are hardly actor's showcases. You should check out Sons of anarchy, he played the lead for seven seasons and that's why he's getting major roles now. I'd be happy with him but I think he's too...'punk' for lack of a better word, for Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    If Charlie Hunnam is James Bond, I may seriously reconsider my loyalty to this franchise. No thank you.

I would prefer someone a lot more suave next time around personally. Take it back to the older look and less Craig.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,098
    bondjames wrote: »
    If Charlie Hunnam is James Bond, I may seriously reconsider my loyalty to this franchise. No thank you.

I would prefer someone a lot more suave next time around personally. Take it back to the older look and less Craig.

The point is though...........the choice at the end of the day comes down to one person's personal preference only............and that is Babs........MGW and the studio, don't get a say on the matter.........and as Babs is so much in love with Craig, don't expect her to go and pick a more traditional looking Bond, as a replacement.

mepal1 wrote: »

The point is though...........the choice at the end of the day comes down to one person's personal preference only............and that is Babs........MGW and the studio, don't get a say on the matter.........and as Babs is so much in love with Craig, don't expect her to go and pick a more traditional looking Bond, as a replacement.
    Fair point. I can only hope that her choice of DC was influenced more by his acting abilities than his rugged looks, otherwise we are all in trouble...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

I KNEW this school existed. I believe Sam Worthington and Hayden Christensen also graduated from there.
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Both movies that were about Guillermo del Toro jerking off with FX. His films are hardly actor's showcases. You should check out Sons of anarchy, he played the lead for seven seasons and that's why he's getting major roles now. I'd be happy with him but I think he's too...'punk' for lack of a better word, for Bond.

Martin Scorsese could not get better from him. I've seen him in the series Sons of Anarchy. Not Bond material.

Creasy47 wrote: »

I KNEW this school existed. I believe Sam Worthington and Hayden Christensen also graduated from there.
    And Ryan Reynolds, imho.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 7,989
    :D They were all in the same fraternity!
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 709

Really, THAT's the guy who'd make you quit? I've seen far worse suggested on this board. I guess this might make for an interesting tangent - Which of the rumored/suggested candidates would so offend you as to make you swear off Bond if they were hired? There are a bunch of mediocre choices that I'd be able to just sigh at but accept anyway, but which are the ones that would truly absolutely DISGUST you? I mean, you'd seriously NOT see the new Bond movie/s if he was in it?

From various names I've seen mentioned, I would have a massive problem with - Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Rupert Friend, Chris Hemsworth
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Really, THAT's the guy who'd make you quit? I've seen far worse suggested on this board. I guess this might make for an interesting tangent - Which of the rumored/suggested candidates would so offend you as to make you swear off Bond if they were hired? There are a bunch of mediocre choices that I'd be able to just sigh at but accept anyway, but which are the ones that would truly absolutely DISGUST you? I mean, you'd seriously NOT see the new Bond movie/s if he was in it?

From various names I've seen mentioned, I would have a massive problem with - Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Rupert Friend, Chris Hemsworth
    Of that lot, most probably Hemsworth and Hunnan. I can't waste my time with a Bond who lacks charisma & acting ability, and these two do imho. I can accept either in other films, but not as James Bond.

I'm not too keen on Friend, but I think he could step up to the plate and deliver if called upon (wouldn't be my first choice though).

Hiddleston and Elba I can definitely live with.
  • Where's this Brosnan coming back coming from ? I searched the web and the only thing Bond related is him criticizing Spectre. Also, I thought most people on this forum hated his guts. I'm surprised to see the love he gets these days.
    oops sorry, posted in wrong thread.
    Where's this Brosnan coming back coming from ? I searched the web and the only thing Bond related is him criticizing Spectre. Also, I thought most people on this forum hated his guts. I'm surprised to see the love he gets these days.

Who brought up Brosnan's return? Nobody, so please don't mention your disdain for him in a thread that doesn't call for it whatsoever. We have enough of that in plenty of other unrelated threads, no need to start it in another.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 163
    Where's this Brosnan coming back coming from ? I searched the web and the only thing Bond related is him criticizing Spectre. Also, I thought most people on this forum hated his guts. I'm surprised to see the love he gets these days.

Who brought up Brosnan's return? Nobody, so please don't mention your disdain for him in a thread that doesn't call for it whatsoever. We have enough of that in plenty of other unrelated threads, no need to start it in another.

I think you got me wrong. I happen to be one of those who likes Brosnan. I'm not a fan of what the producers did with the movies during his tenure, but that has nothing to do with Pierce. I was only asking because I've seen posts in these last few pages of this thread saying that it is possible for him to return. Which is all sudden for me as I never heard this rumor being thrown around before. That's all.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 40,504
    Didn't catch that myself. Damn, do people truly believe Brosnan's returning to the role?
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Didn't catch that myself. Damn, do people truly believe Brosnan's returning to the role?

There's an article on the mi6 homepage with a quote that was maybe misinterpreted by some ?!

"I think the guy was just fairly banjaxed by playing it. By the time you finish making a Bond movie, you don't want to hear the name, see the name or have anything to do with it because you just want to go to ground," explained Brosnan. "Maybe I'll make another one. I don't know. Give him another year off here, and he'll be ready to rock and roll for sure."

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

You mean.....he's not?

*Cries*

*Leaves forum forever*
    @JamesSpectre, yeah, that's definitely misinterpreted. If only! ;)

@CraigMooreOHMSS,

*deletes account*

*destroys all Internet-accessible technology*
    @JamesSpectre...........Mr Bean has a better chance of being Bond, than Pierce Brosnan does, of having a comeback in the role. :))

btw:- no one has mentioned here that Brosnan is coming back. ;)
    @mepal1, he's talking about the MI6 Homepage article, not this thread specifically, I believe.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    mepal1 wrote: »

I think Charlie can take Bond back to the more suave Bond, he is not that Craig type, he is the sauve type. Sure Blond but when he has short hair and he is less buffed he looksa lot like Henry Cavil.

Look at this add with Duzten Kraous

http://youtu.be/enzT6uBZgZQ

If he can get this look back he is our Pierce and Connery Type of Bond we were missing since Craig got in.

I like a lot Craig and yes i do find him sexier since Spectre but I'm on the GQ model look of Bond team or bandwagon to come back

Not a lazneby but come on Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan could have pased as models in their prime forhow good looking and sexy they were.

If i wanted the Craig style to stay id be favoring
    Idris Elba or Tom Hardy but no.

I want someone who looks like Cavil but woth more Charisma and personality, someone wjo takes me back to the Brosnan era in some way and i repeat Charlie is our closest bet for that.

Not a single thing screams 'suave' about Charlie Hunnam to me. See, this is why I'm glad that we'll inevitably get another relatively unknown actor to play Bond, someone that I doubt any of us know exists at this point in time.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,130
    Not a single thing screams 'suave' about Charlie Hunnam to me. See, this is why I'm glad that we'll inevitably get another relatively unknown actor to play Bond, someone that I doubt any of us know exists at this point in time.

I like that idea as well, a very classically handosme and suave Bond but with an actor we never had in our radar. Similarly to what happened with Craig.

I never heard of Craig before Bond and latter when i watched Elizabeth and re wtached Munich i saw him and thought wow i can't belive he had acting Expirience before Bond.

So i support you idea of No one from the most wanted lists

Before Craig came to the role many famous names came up to the journalist lists and then they took us by surprise.
    Maybe this time not so much surprisingsince i don't want someone who i have to adapt to though yes to someone who takes us back to suave bjt Bond we never heard of him before.

I bet only 10% of the fans heard of Craig before he was cast as Bond and said ohh yes i know who is he was in blah blah blah and i like him or i don't.

Most of judged by looks before we saw him some in favor and some against but I repeat very few remebered him from something else when he was announced as Bond.
    I believe I only knew Craig from the 'Tomb Raider' movie, 'Layer Cake,' and the greatest film of all time, 'Munich.'
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Iand the greatest film of all time, 'Munich.'

God damn it feels good to read that. 'Munich' really is one of my favorites.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Are people serious about this Charlie Hunnam..?! Surely they are joking...
    I would have thought that those who frequent these boards have at least some understanding of what the casting of 007 needs. It may as well be Cavill if you're going down that road.

We need someone with a touch more charisma than a Pinewood plank.
    Tim Hiddleston
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,727
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Tim Hiddleston

I agree, he is one of (if not the) best English actors of his generation, and he could definitely pull off the literary, Flemingeque Bond of the novels. His Bond could be reminiscent of Dalton's.... though I fear he is too edgy and interesting for the general public to accept him as a 'hero' (though Bond was always intended as more of an anti-hero, if anything).

BTW his narration of Octopussy/TLD audiobook was quite simply the best audio interpretation of 007 that I have heard.