The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    lalala2004 wrote: »
    I'm great, @NicNac . It's nice to see you're still around :)
    I know, I really need to get a life.

;)
    Not a fan of Tom Ford's work. Although Craig's trousers were generally cut pretty well, the jackets on the whole were much too tight. Especially the one in the PTS - even when he didn't have the rifle slung over his shoulder, the jacket kept bowing out from his chest and the shoulders and sleeves were cut far too close. Clearly the production team had a desire to show DC's muscular frame. In my view they can do that perfectly well in other outfits, such as the polo shirt worn in the Moroccan hotel, and let the suits fit like a suit should.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    blakewho wrote: »
    Not a fan of Tom Ford's work. Although Craig's trousers were generally cut pretty well, the jackets on the whole were much too tight. Especially the one in the PTS - even when he didn't have the rifle slung over his shoulder, the jacket kept bowing out from his chest and the shoulders and sleeves were cut far too close. Clearly the production team had a desire to show DC's muscular frame. In my view they can do that perfectly well in other outfits, such as the polo shirt worn in the Moroccan hotel, and let the suits fit like a suit should.

Don't agree with you, in PTS of QOS Craig wears a tailor cut and due to his big shoulder the drop of the shoulder gave him a square frame, The Tom Ford Skinny fit pulls him in at the body and compliments his frame better.

His shoulders are a straight line due to his build which means the jackets drop off the holder

24y0iuq.jpg

In Spectre like Skyfall before the tighter cut pulls shoulders in and contour his body better.

14tplpd.jpg
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain

Don't agree with you, in PTS of QOS Craig wears a tailor cut and due to his big shoulder the drop of the shoulder gave him a square frame, The Tom Ford Skinny fit pulls him in at the body and compliments his frame better.

His shoulders are a straight line due to his build which means the jackets drop off the holder

24y0iuq.jpg

In Spectre like Skyfall before the tighter cut pulls shoulders in and contour his body better.

14tplpd.jpg

To me that second pic just looks like a jacket that isn't tailored properly. It really doesn't 'contour' anything very well...
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    AceHole wrote: »

24y0iuq.jpg

14tplpd.jpg

To me that second pic just looks like a jacket that isn't tailored properly. It really doesn't 'contour' anything very well...

AceHole that's because it is not a tailored cut it's Skinny fit. As I said in tailor cut it hangs off his shoulders. Skinny fit hugs the body. A muscular man with broad shoulders the suit hangs off the shoulders too far from the body. Even with Connery, Fleming did not want Bond to look like body Builder when Terrance Young sent him to Anthony Sinclair they cut the suit slim to bring in his shoulders. Sean is an all round broad i.e his chest width arms etc are in proportion so a suit hanging from his shoulders does not hang too far from the Body. With Dan he thin with a big upper frame and big shoulder, neck and arms so tailor just does not sit right on him, it gives him a big square body and makes his head look small.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,727

24y0iuq.jpg

14tplpd.jpg

AceHole that's because it is not a tailored cut it's Skinny fit. As I said in tailor cut it hangs off his shoulders. Skinny fit hugs the body. A muscular man with broad shoulders the suit hangs off the shoulders too far from the body. Even with Connery, Fleming did not want Bond to look like body Builder when Terrance Young sent him to Anthony Sinclair they cut the suit slim to bring in his shoulders. Sean is an all round broad i.e his chest width arms etc are in proportion so a suit hanging from his shoulders does not hang too far from the Body. With Dan he thin with a big upper frame and big shoulder, neck and arms so tailor just does not sit right on him, it gives him a big square body and makes his head look small.

As suit tailored for an athletic build should be cut so that there is 'less' excess fabric around the waist and lower back - that gives the taper effect, ie. not 'hanging from the shoulders' - the lapel roll & fabric around the top button should not be 'crammed' as it is there, that is what I meant by not being tailored properly.

I have a suit that was 'made to measure' (not 'fully' tailored, but made from scratch using pre-designed options) for my frame (wide up top, normal 33" waist) and it fits better than that PTS suit which was, I presume, tailor made...

24y0iuq.jpg

14tplpd.jpg

As suit tailored for an athletic build should be cut so that there is 'less' excess fabric around the waist and lower back - that give the taper effect, ie. not 'hanging from the shoulders' - the lapel roll & fabric around the top button should not be 'crammed' as it is there, that is what I meant by not being tailored properly.

I have a suit that was 'made to measure' (not 'fully' tailored, but made from scratch using pre-designed options) for my frame (wide up top, normal 33" waist) and it fits better than that PTS suit which was, I presume, tailor made...

It is fashion, the closer to the body so you have enough to do the top button. It is not bad tailoring in a deliberate sense, Its off the rack and altered, its a rack designed piece which is replicated. Jany Temime approached Brioni for Skyfall with the idea of 50 of each suit, each has to be altered to move to allow Craig to move a certain way in action pieces (As remember Craig is still down a majority of his own stunts). Brioni said they could not fulfil such an order. Temime approached Tom Ford who said "We can do it" Craig goes to TF in NYC with Temime they pick out stuff from next seasons catalog, stock is then altered to their desired taste but it is limited what you can do with rack.

"As suit tailored for an athletic build should be cut so that there is 'less' excess fabric around the waist and lower back" this is not an option no high end label could fulfil a tailored service provide the quantity of custom made suits.

I personally like Craig look in the Skinny suits, it compliments his attitude on screen. He is not a smooth talking teddy boy he's a man of action to quote Vesper

“By the cut of your suit, you went to Oxford or wherever. Naturally you think human beings dress like that. But you wear it with such disdain, my guess is you didn’t come from money, and your school friends never let you forget it.”

Dan's interpretation is one that a suit is something that has to be worn in certain situation normally something official but he would rather be in a pair Jeans or a T shirt getting the job done.

24y0iuq.jpg

14tplpd.jpg

As suit tailored for an athletic build should be cut so that there is 'less' excess fabric around the waist and lower back - that give the taper effect, ie. not 'hanging from the shoulders' - the lapel roll & fabric around the top button should not be 'crammed' as it is there, that is what I meant by not being tailored properly.

It is fashion, the closer to the body so you have enough to do the top button. It is not bad tailoring in a deliberate sense, Its off the rack and altered, its a purposely designed piece which is replicated. Jany Temime approached Brioni for Skyfall with the idea of 50 of each suit, each has to be altered to move to allow Craig to move a certain way in action pieces (As remember Craig is still down a majority of his own stunts).

For this alone I can forgive all sartorial issues I have previously brought to the fore :>

Thank goodness for Daniel Craig - he put his guts on the line to make the stunts believable.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Do we have details and a better look at Tangiers outfit, that polo shirt and leather jacket?
    StanKobra wrote: »
    Do we have details and a better look at Tangiers outfit, that polo shirt and leather jacket?

Hi the polo shirt is Tom Ford Rayon Piquet in Navy £550

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/tom-ford-navy-polo-shirtThe jacket is Matchless Craig Blouson suede jacket warning will cost you £870.00

http://www.matchlesslondon.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7830/s/craig-blouson/category/6/
    Thanks a lot!
    Do you maybe know something about that blue/dark blue shirt that he wears at the train, before he changes to diner jacket?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Thank you, I visit that site often.
    Do you think that shirt from the movie is one from Ross interview? I seams to me it's a different one.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Do you think that shirt from the movie is one from Ross interview? I seams to me it's a different one.

He wears a navy polo during the Tangier scenes and a light blue polo during the train scene.

He wears a navy polo during the Tangier scenes and a light blue polo during the train scene.

Correct the light blue one official colour name is Sky I believe.
    OK, thanks guys.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

Light blue polo doesn't appear in the movie. He wears a regular light blue shirt in the train scene, probably linen.

big_startfilmru1307484.jpg

Yes, I thought I saw buttons on screen.

Light blue polo doesn't appear in the movie. He wears a regular light blue shirt in the train scene, probably linen.

big_startfilmru1307484.jpg

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was a polo when I saw the film.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited November 2015 Posts: 972
    Any idea as to what was the Navy coloured polo shirt he was wearing at that torn down hotel in Morocco? At first I thought it was the Sunspel polo from CR, but it's missing the square pocket on the front left. And the cut looks slightly different too... A Tom Ford?
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Any idea as to what was the Navy coloured polo shirt he was wearing at that torn down hotel in Morocco? At first I thought it was the Sunspel polo from CR, but it's missing the square pocket on the front left. And the cut looks slightly different too... A Tom Ford?

Tom Ford Rayon Piquet in Navy £550 

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tom+ford+Rayon+Piquet&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIm6bg86SFyQIV5ZpyCh0hHARp#imgrc=8Y5OcodXyCrxgM:
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    imranbecks wrote: »

Tom Ford Rayon Piquet in Navy £550 

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tom+ford+Rayon+Piquet&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIm6bg86SFyQIV5ZpyCh0hHARp#imgrc=8Y5OcodXyCrxgM:

Thanks! It's the exact colour of the CR Sunspel shirt... The price though..lol.. I think I'll stick with my Sunspel.

Morocco Polo shirt budget alternative

By Reiss UK £35.00

https://www.reiss.com/p/opencollar-tshirt-mens-kingsley-in-navy/

If your looking for an alternative to the Tom Ford Rayon Piquet search for "Open Collar Polo shirt"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm still a little bummed out that the turtleneck and holster combination we saw Bond sporting in one of the posters didn't make it into the final film whatsoever.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    He is wearing a turtleneck in Spectre.
    He is wearing a turtleneck in Spectre.

Not the one from the teaser poster
  • He is wearing a turtleneck in Spectre.

Not the one from the teaser poster

Yes he does in the London finale with the JV jacket
  • cl076-tom-ford-spectre-knitted-sleeve-bomber-jacket-still.jpg?itok=jfxAHube

Hello fellas I am looking for a bomber jacket Tom Ford created for 007 for the Austria chase. I seriously can not afford the original one but I checked some alternatives and found very similar looking one. Here is the picture http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Bond-Spectre-Bomber-Jacket-Daniel-Craig-Navy-Austria-Jacket-/272044486614

and here is the link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Bond-Spectre-Bomber-Jacket-Daniel-Craig-Navy-Austria-Jacket-/272044486614

It is quite affordable, what you suggestions guys ?? do you know have more reasonable and similar looking alternative ?? share it with me, I badly need it
  • Alexedward wrote: »
    cl076-tom-ford-spectre-knitted-sleeve-bomber-jacket-still.jpg?itok=jfxAHube

Hello fellas I am looking for a bomber jacket Tom Ford created for 007 for the Austria chase. I seriously can not afford the original one but I checked some alternatives and found very similar looking one. Here is the picture

and here is the jacket link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Bond-Spectre-Bomber-Jacket-Daniel-Craig-Navy-Austria-Jacket-/272044486614

It is quite affordable, what you suggestions guys ?? do you know have more reasonable and similar looking alternative ?? share it with me, I badly need it