The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• I haven't read leaks so this is indirect, but I believe there was some vague reference to Daniel and Rooney asking for too much money, but his representation said that he'd just been the star of a movie that had made a billion dollars, so give him a raise or GTFO. Same with Rooney, she was now an Oscar nominee so she wanted a bigger paycheck.
    Not directly. There were some minor inferences like @dinovelvet notes, and also some inferred slight over Sony suits wanting to walk away from paying Craig another $5m promo fee for the phone which he apparently got for SF. I think Pascal and Rudin will likely ding Craig and Rooney as being greedy or whatever the heck they'll pitch as the excuse for not being able to cast them again. Pascal and Rudin came off as very contemptuous of actors in the leaks, some of it deserved, but still a lot of really snide stuff. I searched the wikileaks email site pretty extensively and Craig was lucky, he was pretty much untouched, but lots of other big names got really trashed.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    After this years two Bondathons and seeing Spectre I finally have warmed up to Daniel Craig.
    I still think he'll never be close to Connery, but he clearly has made the role his own and his evolution from CR to SP is amazing, although not flawless.
    SF clearly is the low point for me.

Craig is best when he kicks-ass, which he does a lot in CR and QOS.
    In SP he moves smooth and feels comfortable like Brosnan finally did in DAD.

Being a fan is an evolutionary process. Up to the end of 2014 I never cared much for QOS for the obvious reasons. Seeing past that, QOS suddenly becomes one of the Bond movies with the highest re-watchability level.
    Again SF hits rock bottom in that regard, except for the Shanghai sequence and the shoot-out at Skyfall mansion.

For me personally QOS works best when watched before CR. Up to last year I always watched the Bond movies chronologically.
    This year I did it randomly. QOS-SF-SP-CR with some other movies in between worked perfectly and elevates QOS to new levels.

After SP I want a fifth movie with Daniel Craig. If it is with Mendes again I can live with it as long as it goes in the same direction as SP does.
    P+W though should finally get the boot.
    I think it would be a real shame if Mara and Craig do not get the chance to make the other 2 films?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    No! Why do they have to reboot?! sad news
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    If DC is not in the TGWDT sequel I might have an emotional moment. :((

Unacceptable. I may boycott Sony products henceforth.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If it means Craig doing Bond 25 sooner rather than later then I can't say I'm upset at him not being in the new dragon movie.
    Times Talk with Sam and Daniel om the 4th.
    There will be a livestream.
    https://events.newschool.edu/event/ny_timestalks_at_the_new_school_daniel_craig_and_sam_mendes#.VjX1WNLhArh
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Just saw SP today and good grief - I have to hand it to Dan, I was never a complete convert of his 007, always felt he still had something more to offer and never quite got into his stride, but in SP he ABSOLUTELY NAILS it.
    He's channeling Connery from TB, and then some. What a bad-arse Bond he has become.
  • Germanlady wrote: »

Good stuff here, very in depth. Though the audience Q&A at the end is pretty embarrassing, some woman asks "Will you be filming a Bond movie in the Philippines?"
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,554
    DC was wonderful tonight on Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Two highlights:

1. DC asked the audience, "Do you want me to do another one (Bond film)?" The crowd went crazy.
    2. A skit with Colbert where DC (as Bond) needs a rental car.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    TripAces wrote: »
    DC was wonderful tonight on Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Two highlights:

1. DC asked the audience, "Do you want me to do another one (Bond film)?" The crowd went crazy.
    2. A skit with Colbert where DC (as Bond) needs a rental car.

Oh, wow! I have missed that. I want to see a video of it! :D
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 212
    Daniel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert:

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He WILL do a 5th!
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 212
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I must say, I think DC is looking much better in these interviews he does with talk show hosts etc. (in terms of his demeanor, his dress sense and his general sense of playfulness) compared to what I have seen from him before. He seems to be getting into the swing of promoting Bond.

Still not as good as Moore, but definitely serviceable.

At least he seems to be having fun. I think it's a good idea he's not doing Fallon though. I can't see him meshing well with him. Kimmel could work.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, he seems to be a lot more comfortable with interviews these days.

Not available in my region. I saw bits, but I suppose, they will have it on YT at some point.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Germanlady wrote: »

Not available in my region. I saw bits, but I suppose, they will have it on YT at some point.

You could try using a US proxy to access the link again to bypass the regional restrictions. Search google you should find plenty.
    Thanks Sir, but at work, so better not mess around :)
    bondjames wrote: »
    I must say, I think DC is looking much better in these interviews he does with talk show hosts etc. (in terms of his demeanor, his dress sense and his general sense of playfulness) compared to what I have seen from him before. He seems to be getting into the swing of promoting Bond.

Still not as good as Moore, but definitely serviceable.

At least he seems to be having fun. I think it's a good idea he's not doing Fallon though. I can't see him meshing well with him. Kimmel could work.

DC has always been quite good on American talk shows. A few years ago, Colbert arm wrestled Craig on Colbert Report. As for Fallon, DC was on Late Night when Fallon was the host, and they got along great:

JimmyFallonDanielCraig_620_100512usepost.jpg
    Well after seeing Spectre i for certainly look forward to a 5th DC Bond movie! :-bd
    Yes, Please let there be a fifth. :)
    DC on the Today show this morning, interviewed by Matt Lauer. He did a good job of deflating the controversy over the slashing wrists comment.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Seeing what Daniel has to put himself through on set, and what he has to do to promote the film, (five premiers in five nights!) I hope they never pick me to Be James Bond. X_X
    It was pointed out to me, ( as I said he looked to be enjoying himself) that
    The reason he may be more relaxed. Is because he's done with Bond ! :(
    I really hope that's not the case.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    It was pointed out to me, ( as I said he looked to be enjoying himself) that
    The reason he may be more relaxed. Is because he's done with Bond ! :(
    I really hope that's not the case.

I think he's more relaxed because the greater reaction to Spectre now its out, is that its great, and its making money. Dan said before how when they asked him and Sam to do another film and it has to be bigger and better again it felt like an overwhelming challenge. I think he and Sam now see enough to know the film will exceed Skyfall at the box office and that it is a success he can relax more and just enjoy it, pressures off.
    I'm betting DC is back...he is having fun watching the speculation. This will add to the mystique of Bond 25, for sure.
    I too hope he does at least one more.