Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Hi guys, am i the only one who would love to see the PTS a la OHMSS with the names of ....Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson present ....coming on screen .. da da da ....

Its a great idea but the 50th anniversary was the time for it to be done along with a classic GB at the start.

Completely agree.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hi guys, am i the only one who would love to see the PTS a la OHMSS with the names of ....Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson present ....coming on screen .. da da da ....

And then this killer Bond tune, you mean?
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi guys, am i the only one who would love to see the PTS a la OHMSS with the names of ....Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson present ....coming on screen .. da da da ....

Its a great idea but the 50th anniversary was the time for it to be done along with a classic GB at the start.

You are totally right. It really pissed me off that the GB in Skyfall was in the end. Totally unnecessary!
  • Haven't seen the film yet but I just saw the video of the gunbarrel - pretty upset that we don't get the classic guitar playing as the blood drips down. Much prefer that to what we get here. Regardless, happy it's back where it belongs.
  • Haven't seen the film yet but I just saw the video of the gunbarrel - pretty upset that we don't get the classic guitar playing as the blood drips down. Much prefer that to what we get here. Regardless, happy it's back where it belongs.

Yep, that and the fact it has the Binder design are the only things going for it.

• Goosebumps. Nov 5th can't get here soon enough.

Fitzochris wrote: »
    Yep it looks the part but it fades out where that video ends, instead of tilting from side to side in classic style. Also, if you can hear above the morons cheering (who does that?), it also boasts that tragic David Arnold outro. Ugh.

This moron right here. I love it when the audience cheers, laughs, etc. It's part of the moviegoing experience. Otherwise I'd just watch it at home.
  • It seems quite an American tradition, whooping and hollering in a cinema. I don't mind a laugh if something is funny, but all that cheering and carry on when people are trying to listen is too much for me.

As an aside, people who can't go for two hours without stuffing their face with the noisiest of snacks, like grazing cattle, get to me, too.

I'm a grumpy sod.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Hey, don't worry, I'm a grumpy sod too. :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    It seems quite an American tradition, whooping and hollering in a cinema. I don't mind a laugh if something is funny, but all that cheering and carry on when people are trying to listen is too much for me.

As an aside, people who can't go for two hours without stuffing their face with the noisiest of snacks, like grazing cattle, get to me, too.

I'm a grumpy sod.

Are you me in disguise? Am I schizophrenic and am also posting as you too?

In ideal world I would hire out the whole cinema to myself so I wouldnt have anything to annoy me during my first viewing.

Yesterday I had Peter Crouch sat in front of me and had to spend the whole film leaning to my right and even then the top of his cretinous head still obscured about 6% of the screen.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    ;) The best thing I ever did was to convert part of my garage into
    a small " Cinema" room. So now with the Bonds on Bluray and a
    big screen tv. I can now enjoy them in peace and quiet.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116
    It seems quite an American tradition, whooping and hollering in a cinema. I don't mind a laugh if something is funny, but all that cheering and carry on when people are trying to listen is too much for me.

I'm a grumpy sod.

Are you me in disguise? Am I schizophrenic and am also posting as you too?

In ideal world I would hire out the whole cinema to myself so I wouldnt have anything to annoy me during my first viewing.

Yesterday I had Peter Crouch sat in front of me and had to spend the whole film leaning to my right and even then the top of his cretinous head still obscured about 6% of the screen.

If the audience is into it so be it ...just as long as they aren't talking.

Btw as an American who has many movies in the cinema I have yet to hear anyone whoop and holler. Applaud and laugh and maybe a wooo or two but rarely anything else.

Which begs my first and second questions @Fitzochris ..how do you know American audiences respond that way? ..and second how many movies in the US have you seen?

I'm a grumpy sod.

And yet, that wasn't in an American cinema. Go figure.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal

And then this killer Bond tune, you mean?

yes, exactly!! :)) eh eh You got me there!
    km16 wrote: »

I'm a grumpy sod.

Lol yes I know ...I wish I had seen that video before I responded to such a hateful biased post.

Btw I would love to be in an audience that enthusiastic.

Oh and quite like that GB ...Very powerful.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2015 Posts: 432
    Someone posted this on Imdb. You think it's real? If it is, then it looks pretty good.
    12132816_170476496630922_639588932_n.jpg

Spoiler tagged it just in case
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 6,396
    Yes it is real. There's a video posted of it earlier in this thread.
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    Someone posted this on Imdb. You think it's real? If it is, then it looks pretty good.

Yes. Real.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »

I'm a grumpy sod.

Lol yes I know ...I wish I had seen that video before I responded to such a hateful biased post.

Whoah there cowboy. Hateful? I don't hate Americans. And I know that wasn't an American cinema, given the film isn't out over there yet.

I said it seems like an American tradition to whoop and holler.

To answer your question, I have seen three movies in the US and on all three occasions the audience participated more than any UK audience ever did. Maybe that says more about UK audiences than it does US ones.

You're wide of the mark about me being hateful.

Here it is, in case you want to watch it:

https://scontent-vie1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t50.2886-16/10946798_1495756094058021_1511167070_n.mp4

Here it is, in case you want to watch it:

https://scontent-vie1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t50.2886-16/10946798_1495756094058021_1511167070_n.mp4
    Yep - great pose by DC. Surely theres that MP4 mobile phone clip on this thread or at least here on one of the current top visited threads
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,068
    It's a few posts above linked!
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I'm a grumpy sod.

Btw I would have loved to ha

I'm a grumpy sod.

Whoah there cowboy. Hateful? I don't hate Americans. And I know that wasn't an American cinema, given the film isn't out over there yet.

I said it seems like an American tradition to whoop and holler.

To answer your question, I have seen three movies in the US and on all three occasions the audience participated more than any UK audience ever did. Maybe that says more about UK audiences than it does US ones.

You're wide of the mark about me being hateful.

Ok then my apologies ...maybe not hateful.

Not a cowboy btw.

Peace then?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2015 Posts: 432
    Oh, wow. Well, I'm impressed. That's the Gunbarrel we should have gotten for SF

@WillyGalore in which thread is the video posted?

EDIT: I saw the video. Thank you so much :) Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the film on friday.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    I've got this strange feeling like I'm the only one bothered that this gunbarrel is static. Honestly, I loved SF gb more. Pierce Brosnan had better one 20 years ago, why so?
  • I didn't like how it was static but looking back at it it evokes that classic binder design which was static too
    Walking speed seems similar to Skyfall. Maybe a hair faster? But what's with DC swinging that gun as he is walking??? It's supposed to be HIDDEN! I know others have observed this, but it is ludicrous. Sorry.
    You know you can see it, but where on earth would you hide. You can't have it holstered.. that would take an hour to aim..

Great.. now I've got to go back and look at other GBs to see where they hid the gun :-?
    You know you can see it, but where on earth would you hide. You can't have it holstered.. that would take an hour to aim..

Great.. now I've got to go back and look at other GBs to see where they hid the gun :-?

Right arm down by the side, left arm swings naturally as Bond walks, turns and fires gun at the camera.

• EsotericEsoteric Poland
    I'm not bothered by people making noises in the cinema, so i wouldn't mind a little pop by crowd during my screening - i just love reactions like that and if they do, i will join.

Boy, imagine what's gonna happen on Force Awakening's premiere and first screenings. I've seen a video from one of The Phantom Menace first screenings, and you just couldn't hear the music, everybody went wild. But when the movie started... :D