Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• edited September 2015 Posts: 591
    Andrea Riseborough, please. She's such a great actress and could definitely pull of a strong-willed Bond girl. Even though she's only a small role in Birdman, she was brilliant and she was my favourite thing about Oblivion.

Andrea-Riseborough-in-Oblivion.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    She does look the part, but I really haven't seen anything of her
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 591
    She does look the part, but I really haven't seen anything of her

You should check out the films I mentioned and Brighton Rock. Also, why not have another red-headed Bond girl :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Getafix wrote: »
    All these images prove is that there are lots of beautiful women in the world, and too many Bond movies over the years have proved that being beautiful on its own does not necessarily make for a great Bond girl. Even being a decent actress does not guarantee anything. Look at Rosamund Pike and Sophie Morceau - pretty much wasted in DAD and TWINE.

It very often comes down to the writing, and the chemistry between the Bond actor and the actresses.

Well chemistry is always hard to predict, but yes, there are plenty O' pretty women around. I pointed out Meghan Markle because I'm really impressed with her Rachel Zane in Suits. Yolanthe, as pointed out by @doubleoego isn't much of an actress if you ask me.

That's why I said she should just have a bit part as a sexual partner for Bond.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,336
    Rebecca Ferguson
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Gal Gadot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    Gal Gadot.
    That Gal would melt your igloo.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    =))
    Rebecca Ferguson

Just saw MI5: Rogue Nation. Definitely Rebecca should be a great choice for a sexy badass Bond Girl like Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen).
    Taraji P Henson as a villainess. She'd be beyond amazing.

taraji-p.-henson-199x300.jpg

taraji-p-henson.jpg?w=580

tarajiredcarpet.jpg?itok=33z3CmYN
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Not to be a Bond girl but Jessica Chastain says she wants to be a Bond villain....

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/10/jessica-chastain-says-she-wants-to-play-a-bond-villain.html
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,151
    I'd like to see Marion Cotillard appear as a Bond "woman" in a movie. Now we've got Bellucci in, she'd be my next wish.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Jessica as a villain I could see happen, but then not like Volpe, as she's a redhead too and she'd pale in comparison I think (sorry Jessica). Imogen Poots seems lovely, but can she act? Need for Speed isn't really that good a film. to put it mildly.
    Marion Cotillard would be just fantastic!
    Need for Speed. Useless film, bad script but she is fine, makes it worth watching IMHO, you have to start your career somewhere
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2015 Posts: 13,882
    Not to be a Bond girl but Jessica Chastain says she wants to be a Bond villain....

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/10/jessica-chastain-says-she-wants-to-play-a-bond-villain.html

Bond girl, villain, I just want to see Jessica Chastain in a Bond film. I'd also like to see Teresa Palmer as a Bond girl too.
  • Elodie Yung?

elodie-yung-large-picture-916184878.jpg
    Would love to see what Jessica Chastain could bring to the Bond table?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree. Chastain is a brilliant actress. Her performances are effortless. If you haven't seen the Debt, I highly recommend it. That was the first film I saw her in, and I was hooked. She's excellent in the Martian as well.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Yvonne Strahovski (Try pronouncing that. BTW she's Australian). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Strahovski
    Both Elody and Yvonne definately have the looks, and the right age opposite Craig Imo. Just wonder about their acting. Good thing is, they're both little known.
    I'd agree that Yvonne Strahovski would make a fantastic Bond girl. She'd be one of my top choices, for sure.

Sadly, though, her career trajectory won't have her on EON's radar.
    I want Nigella Lawson in a cameo role. 55 years old and hot beyond belief.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,599
    But mad as a bucket of frogs
    IF DC does another, a catagory for over 50 is a fair topic for discussion
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yvonne Strahovski is a great actress, but she's way too tall for DC. She was too tall for Sutherland in 24 as well.
    patb wrote: »
    But mad as a bucket of frogs
    IF DC does another, a catagory for over 50 is a fair topic for discussion

Crazy chicks give the best sex.
    Gabourey Sidibe
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Grace Park.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I want Nigella Lawson in a cameo role. 55 years old and hot beyond belief.

With you there, old man. Absolutely gorgeous, perfect woman.