Music in SPECTRE

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Loving it so far....
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Living what I'm hearing so far but he's recycling SF's turkey scenes
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    There are bits of the SKyfall score in it
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm very much impressed by this 1 minute cue.
    Uh oh
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Uh oh

Recycling much? That really threw me.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    It sounds like it fits within the WotW sound
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Why was the second half a carbon copy of Grand Bazaar, Istanbul?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Don't know, this track seems like fairly generic action movie chase music (did anyone catch which track it was?). Like the Bond theme on the flute at the end though.
    Wow a lot of Grand Bazaar in that track. Interesting.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Uh oh

Yeah, I thought I was going crazy. It stared off oh so great and then I was transported back to SF [-(
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    NO

NOT AGAIN

NEWMAN!!
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Uh oh

Yeah, I thought I was going crazy. It stared off oh so great and then I was transported back to SF [-(

I thought it started relatively generically, but ok, then the choir (or was it a single vocal?) came in and I thought, 'Ooh that's neat', then Grand Bazaar came in and I thought they'd done a medley of some kind. I can only hope there is a narrative reason, of which I struggle to see, otherwise that is even worse than I would've expected.
  • I didn't mind the recycling at all. If I had to describe it in a nutshell it would be "Skyfall, but better."
  • Interesting indeed. The latter part of the track uses a lot from SF. I heard a great deal of the track "Shes Mine" from Skyfall. I wonder if it was intentional. Maybe linking the action back to the events of SF ?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I didn't mind the recycling at all. If I had to describe it in a nutshell it would be "Skyfall, but better."

That's what I'm hearing too. I liked it, but hope we hear better. That Donna Lucia track that was posted is decent though.
    When the radio presenter said the score would feature musical nods from previous Bond movies I didn't realise he meant the one before! Not an impressive start.
  • RC7RC7
    I wonder if it was intentional. Maybe linking the action back to the events of SF ?

It has to be. Otherwise it's sheer laziness.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,512
    -
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,021
    I wonder if it was intentional. Maybe linking the action back to the events of SF ?

It has to be. Otherwise it's sheer laziness.

Or maybe its Newman's own version of a 007 action cue. A bit like John Barry's own 007 theme which appeared in FRWL and MR for example.

• Looks like it's going to be "SF times 10" also music-wise which is... underwhelming :-<

The track aired on radio was extremely generic, i only liked the female chorus and the Bond theme but i agree with @jake24 the ending was a carbon copy of Grand Bazaar.

The track "Donna Lucia" was better but again too similar to "Severine" from SF soundtrack.

I'm not saying it's all lost, but it's a false start for Newman.
    Looking at the track list...
    if that was 'Backfire' I guess this is the music for the Rome car chase
  • According to the official twitter it is "Los Muertos Vivos Estan"
    Classic FM confirmed the track is Backfire. Here's my YouTube upload:
    And it looks like the score is going to be one of the big negatives of Spectre, as I suspected. But hopefully the rest of the film makes up for it, and from the trailers it's looking that way
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Just listened to the Classic FM track... is Newman really that lazy? It was all over the place. Too repetitive, Good choir part then copies and pasts from Skyfall's score... I hope the rest of the score isn't Skyfall's greatest (Or worst) hits. 8-|
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    Classic FM confirmed the track is Backfire. Here's my YouTube upload:
    So it's very likely this is the score for the car chase.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    I missed the action cue, so really only have Donna Lucia to comment on. Initial impression after one listen: it's rather similiar to Severine. I admit that the new track has a bit more complexity going on. The melody in Severine has more clarity however, which makes it seem more memorable (this opinion may change upon a couple more listens). Sounds like both were written in the same key. I'm hoping Madeline gets a more distinct theme or motif.

In terms of seeing the track listing:
    The last track "26. Spectre (End Titles)" is interesting being as I was expecting the Sam Smith song to be housed here. No more Gun-barrels at the end of the film I hope!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    When I started hearing the same bit from Grand Bazaar I thought it'd only be for a few notes but it carried on for a good 30 seconds or so.
    When I started hearing the same bit from Grand Bazaar I thought it'd only be for a few notes but it carried on for a good 30 seconds or so.

And pretty much exactly the same