SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited October 2015 Posts: 725
    Waltz seems like a great guy usually - gentlemanly and lovable. In these interviews, though, he comes off as a bit standoffish - and I *think* it's because he's tense about the fact that he's constantly being asked the same questions, and can't answer any of them. I'd probably be tense too!

Yes. Actors usually love to talk about there characters, their prep methods etc., so indeed it must be really hard to give interviews, try to be cooperative, but not be able to say a darn thing. Waltz is smart thankfully, or else it would be impossible. But it must still be very frustrating for him. There doesn't seem to be a single thing he can say about the role he has without giving away spoilers.
  • smitty wrote: »
    Waltz seems like a great guy usually - gentlemanly and lovable. In these interviews, though, he comes off as a bit standoffish - and I *think* it's because he's tense about the fact that he's constantly being asked the same questions, and can't answer any of them. I'd probably be tense too!

Yes. Actors usually love to talk about there characters, their prep methods etc., so indeed it must be really hard to give interviews, try to be cooperative, but not be able to say a darn thing. Waltz is smart thankfully, or else it would be impossible. But it must still be very frustrating for him. There doesn't seem to be a single thing he can say about the role he has without giving away spoilers.

Exactly! He must be thinking, "Why am I even here??"
    I hope we get more interviews of Daniel Craig and the other cast soon!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    I hope we get more interviews of Daniel Craig and the other cast soon!

Yeah, the B-Rolls and EPK clips are on the horizon.

Waltz is like DC, not taking fools easily or annoying questions. Her shows them, where to stick them ;)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 6,601
    deleted - double post
    What do you think about this article?

Daniel Craig 'signs up for TWO more James Bond movies' after SPECTRE:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/daniel-craig-signs-up-two-6571986
    Well I do want Daniel Craig stay on, hopefully up to Bond 25 or 26
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    There are already a couple of Mendes trademarks showing up, things that are very similar between SF and SP. The SP desert scenes are very reminiscient of the island scene in SF:
    1. A deserted area is combined with an antique item, the dueling guns in SF, the classic car (Citroen? RR?) in SP.
    2. Bond is led into the lair in a procession with bodyguards trailing him on both sides. An aerial shot reveals the almost-symmetry of the walking figures in both films.
    I am sure there will be more of this and would not be surprised if Mendes used music again the way he used the "Boom Boom" and "Boum" songs in SF.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Another mag coming up. I really don't know, why they chose Rankin as new photographer. I always found, that his pics of DC were and are the worst. He makes him look like a brute most of the time. This cover is cute though.

CQnjeFmUwAA8OUq_zpsqjahfups.jpg

DTD
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Monica definitely leaves me both shaken and stirred... How lucky scoundrel our Danny Boy is. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Monica definitely leaves me both shaken and stirred... How lucky scoundrel our Danny Boy is. :D

+1

To paraphrase Fernando Martinez, Craig is BLESSED.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,164
    1443108687227_1280.jpg

New vlog on the London filming:

And Visit Britain spot with a stunning London shot at the end
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Nice. Really hoping we get exciting stuff in London. The London scenes in SF were alright but didn't WOW me.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Thanks @antovolk
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    smitty wrote: »
    Question about reviews for those who remember the timing of the early reviews for SF or know what could be happening now with SP screenings. I remember reviews started coming out for SF weeks before it opened. Obviously the film opened later in NA, but I think I remember the reviews started appearing even before the British opening. With SP opening in London in just 3 weeks, I would think EON has already started screening the film for friendly and/or major reviewers. The earlier the screenings, usually the more confident the studio is. The later the screenings, the less confident.

Studios usually embargo reviews, but I seem to remember SF's reviews started coming out very early, no doubt because they knew they were very positive and Sony and EON removed the review embargo to help hype the film. Studios often allow friendly reviewers who get an early look, to release a positive phrase or sentence early. All kinds of games go on with this stuff. The embargoes on all the early interviews are now lifting as they are getting published, but the timing of reviews are a much more serious issue. Anybody know what is happening with SP and the reviewers?

Just speculating here but the first reviews should show up by the end of next week the latest. But you are correct. If those screenings don't get high praise EON will not allow reviews to be published until the movie opens.

Another reason for late reviews could be late press screenings because the post-production just might not be finished. It is not uncommon for a movie finishing the post-production one week before it hits the theaters.

SF's early reviews made me suspicious back then. Especially because they were all ridiculously good. But then that was the tone overall in the hype that preceded Skyfall's release. Surely one of the main reasons why SF hit the billion dollar jackpot.
    The hype was unparalleled and I remember some of my work-colleagues praising the movie even before they saw it!!

• Does anyone remember when there were extracts from Thomas Newman's score for SF released before the film opened.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Does anyone remember when there were extracts from Thomas Newman's score for SF released before the film opened.
    I think it was Amazon Germany.
  • @jake24

Are you sure. I remember 2 extracts being released a few weeks before the film opened (may have been a music website) and I don't recall it being on an amazon site. Later amazon had extracts from all the tracks on the score when the CD was released.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24

Are you sure. I remember 2 extracts being released a few weeks before the film opened (may have been a music website) and I don't recall it being on an amazon site. Later amazon had extracts from all the tracks on the score when the CD was released.

You may be right. We should probably be seeing them soon.
    smitty wrote: »
    Question about reviews for those who remember the timing of the early reviews for SF or know what could be happening now with SP screenings. I remember reviews started coming out for SF weeks before it opened. Obviously the film opened later in NA, but I think I remember the reviews started appearing even before the British opening. With SP opening in London in just 3 weeks, I would think EON has already started screening the film for friendly and/or major reviewers. The earlier the screenings, usually the more confident the studio is. The later the screenings, the less confident.

Studios usually embargo reviews, but I seem to remember SF's reviews started coming out very early, no doubt because they knew they were very positive and Sony and EON removed the review embargo to help hype the film. Studios often allow friendly reviewers who get an early look, to release a positive phrase or sentence early. All kinds of games go on with this stuff. The embargoes on all the early interviews are now lifting as they are getting published, but the timing of reviews are a much more serious issue. Anybody know what is happening with SP and the reviewers?

Just speculating here but the first reviews should show up by the end of next week the latest. But you are correct. If those screenings don't get high praise EON will not allow reviews to be published until the movie opens.

Another reason for late reviews could be late press screenings because the post-production just might not be finished. It is not uncommon for a movie finishing the post-production one week before it hits the theaters.

SF's early reviews made me suspicious back then. Especially because they were all ridiculously good. But then that was the tone overall in the hype that preceded Skyfall's release. Surely one of the main reasons why SF hit the billion dollar jackpot.
    The hype was unparalleled and I remember some of my work-colleagues praising the movie even before they saw it!!

I think that because SF started filming an entire month earlier and had a production shoot of 6 1/2 months (about 2 weeks shorter than SP) coupled with it most likely having had far less post production work visual effect-wise than SP, SF was ready for screening a few weeks earlier than SP will be.

They've had a tight post production schedule so maybe the first reviews won't show up until the last minute, but not indicating anything about the films reception. With everything we've seen I can't imagine at least some early reviews not being wowed. But we'll all know in just a few weeks.

• 5815892458158924 Valencia (Spain)
    antovolk wrote: »
    1443108687227_1280.jpg

Somebody could tell me where this place is located in London? Since a group of club Archivo007 of Spain will be in London from October 23 until October 27, and we would like to get a picture on the square.

Thanks
    58158924 wrote: »
    Somebody could tell me where this place is located in London?

HM Tresuary I think.

• RC7RC7
    58158924 wrote: »
    Somebody could tell me where this place is located in London?

HM Tresuary I think.

Yeah, just off King Charles St. I think it's the HMRC, treasury being just behind towards St. James's Park.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,277
    qoWRC06.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    qoWRC06.jpg

Nice.

I don't remember them doing it for SF

Bond-is-GREAT-press-image.jpg
  • antovolk wrote: »
    New vlog on the London filming:
    No IMAX-like framing to be seen nowhere on the combo ? (00:18)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Jonathan Ross to host an ITV Bond special this autumn.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jonathan-ross-host-james-bond-134448185.html
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    More interview snippets incoming!

Quick translation of the short interview with Christoph Waltz:
    Q: Your character is the most mysterious one by far. Does this make you proud, amused or annoyed?
    A: It doesn't bother me at all. Amusement is probably the right word...

The other actors (including Stephanie Sigman!) answered the same question in english. ;)
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    two different shots from the same scene

1. from WOTW video clip
    pT0bDez.jpg

2. from Bond is Great Britain
    p6nQxKd.jpg
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    two different shots from the same scene

1. from WOTW video clip
    pT0bDez.jpg

2. from Bond is Great Britain
    p6nQxKd.jpg
    @EndCredit007
    The shot in WOTW video has much better grading!