SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Here is where I get worried about SP. How come the streets are so empty, even in the wee hours of the morning there should be some kind of traffic. Also when Bond blows out the window in Mexico, did he know that was going to happen or was it on purpose. If it was on purpose than he has put a lot of people in danger on the street. Kinda like the nonsense of driving the car of the parking lot in TND and crashing it into the rental agency below. Hoping for the best still.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Collateral damage...the bigger picture. :P
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    delfloria wrote: »
    Here is where I get worried about SP. How come the streets are so empty, even in the wee hours of the morning there should be some kind of traffic. Also when Bond blows out the window in Mexico, did he know that was going to happen or was it on purpose. If it was on purpose than he has put a lot of people in danger on the street. Kinda like the nonsense of driving the car of the parking lot in TND and crashing it into the rental agency below. Hoping for the best still.

Kinda over worrying don't ya think?
  • RC7RC7
    Here is where I get worried about SP. How come the streets are so empty, even in the wee hours of the morning there should be some kind of traffic.

I'm assuming there will be some interaction between the two main cars and other traffic, but not a lot. The angle they appear to be going for is a cat and mouse, full throttle chase weaving through the city. I imagine it being relatively balletic.

I have to say, I mentioned many, many, months ago, when it was confirmed there would be a car chase in Rome, that I would've loved a daylight chase, with lots of traffic and throngs of pedestrians. However, that was before the cars were revealed/announced and having seen them up close this sort of chase feels more apt, allowing them to really open them up. I pray it's a belter.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited September 2015 Posts: 574
    Dave Bautista, Léa Seydoux and Michael G. Wilson will be at the Dutch première on 28th October - Pathé Tuschinski in Amsterdam

the following may contain spoilers
    CP8P2VHWEAApfrY.jpg
    During the Rome shoot I recall there was a police car and fiat 500 'stunt car' so it may all still have interaction with the locals. Plus of course the CGi ones!
  • does anyone expect Jeffrey Wright to cameo?
    Unfortunately not. He confirmed this in this interview
    [/quote]

and sam smith said that he will not sing the title's song but he did!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Acording to many he's doing something to the theme, but
    singing ain't it :D
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Absolutely magnificent, insightful interview from Daphne Bunskoek with DoP Hoyte van Hoytema and costume designer Jany Temime! Interview was done a few days ago on the Dutch Film Festival in Utrecht, Netherlands. Van Hoytema and Temime were special guests there and gave masterclasses to attendees. Jany Temime had an exhibition of her work from her earliest Dutch films until "SPECTRE":

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=461310174039888&set=vb.376768235827416&type=3

I try to write a translation transcript during the weekend as it is entirely in Dutch.

A big 'thank you' to the colleagues of JB007.nl.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,594

This is what I said as soon as I saw this particular promotional video. It's too unrealistic. My other worry is that this film will be too action heavy. Thank god the running time is longer, but still, there seems to be an awful lot of action. Too much of anything gets boring. Too much action sacrifices character movement and real plot development.

Bounine wrote: »

This is what I said as soon as I saw this particular promotional video. It's too unrealistic. My other worry is that this film will be too action heavy. Thank god the running time is longer, but still, there seems to be an awful lot of action. Too much of anything gets boring. Too much action sacrifices character movement and real plot development.

Read the most recent trailer thread spoilers.

Agree but really don't believe that is the case here.

bondjames wrote: »
    -CR was just right imho. On a recent rewatch, I realized that.
    -QoS was too much action
    -SF was too much talking and atmosphere and too little action.
    -I think they may skew a little towards bombastic action in this one to pull in the foreign (read Asian) markets that like this sort of thing (witness FF7 which still boggles my mind).

That's ok with me.

I don't agree. I think SF had a pretty good balance. I wouldn't have liked it to have more action.
    Absolutely magnificent, insightful interview from Daphne Bunskoek with DoP Hoyte van Hoytema and costume designer Jany Temime! Interview was done a few days ago on the Dutch Film Festival in Utrecht, Netherlands. Van Hoytema and Temime were special guests there and gave masterclasses to attendees. Jany Temime had an exhibition of her work from her earliest Dutch films until "SPECTRE":

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=461310174039888&set=vb.376768235827416&type=3

I try to write a translation transcript during the weekend as it is entirely in Dutch.

A big 'thank you' to the colleagues of JB007.nl.

Thanks for sharing this even tho I have no idea what they were talking about..

Hoyte van Hoytema looks nothing like I've imagined him.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Read the most recent trailer thread spoilers.

Agree but really don't believe that is the case here.

You mean, that we'll get some cars (even if they are CGI ones) on the road or that you don't think the film will be too action heavy or both? Anyway, I'm sure people will be kind enough to address my fears after they're seen the film. :) I'm an expat currently domiciled in Shanghai and the film probably won't come out until January over here if the Chinese government decide to do the same thing they did with Skyfall. They like to postpone the release of international films in order to protect their domestic film industry. Bollocks. :)
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Not too action heavy.. I don't know about Rome.

[img][/img]
    Your PTS explosion is explained

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Not too action heavy.. I don't know about Rome.

[img][/img]
    Your PTS explosion is explained

Thanks. I wasn't worried about the explosion. A snippet from Smith's SPECTRE music video (scroll down a little) :

http://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/movies/daniel-craig-james-bond-spectre-2015-trailer/

Doesn't show us much but anyway... Looks like Skyfall.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Writing's On The Wall - Official Video Teaser

Official music video is coming soon...
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,160
    NicNac wrote: »
    there seems to be an awful lot of action. Too much of anything gets boring. Too much action sacrifices character movement and real plot development.
    An action setpiece is usually no longer than five minutes. That leaves around 120 minutes of no action dialogueheavy "character movement and real plot development" in SP for you!

Wouldn't worry about it too much. The Casablanca streets and market alleys in M:I-RN were totally empty and it was a morning there. Didn't spoil much for me. It'll all depend on the editing to allow us to get carried away or notice any discrepancies.

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy

I'm kinda annoyed of repeating the same sentence, but maybe there is a reason
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Action-heavy is one thing, nonsensical mass destruction is another. I assure you, Spectre isn't Age of Ultron, Thank Heavens!
    The third TV spot finally in HD:
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Finally . Thanks @antovolk
    antovolk wrote: »
    The third TV spot finally in HD:

Thanks for posting. Good to see the odd new shot. This version of "welcome James" certainly sounds better than the version in the trailer.

"You came across me so many times, yet you never saw me." To me, this has never sounded like Waltz.

Are they bringing out another trailer?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 847
    Stop it with this "You came across me so many time" ans other, look the trailers in other langages and you see who say it (Waltz) for god sake !

Yes, the final trailer. Already showing in IMAX with The Walk from yesterday, should be online later today hopefully.
    Stop it with this "You came across me so many time" ans other, look the trailers in other langages and you see who say it (Waltz) for god sake !

Alright angry man. Just doesn't sound like him, that's all. Also, I have far from read every post in this thread.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Red_Snow wrote: »

He wouldn't go for a "Vesper" in this situation, would he?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    25 sleeps until Spectre EEEEEK! :-t sorry to my American cousins who will have to wait a week, still don't understand that one, must be to allow the cast/production to attend a US premiere while its being screened the same night across the lands like with the UK premiere night.
    antovolk wrote: »

Yes, the final trailer. Already showing in IMAX with The Walk from yesterday, should be online later today hopefully.

Wow, later today! And here was I thinking that we might not even get another trailer. Cheers.