SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Thanks Marketto007! Wonder what exclusive content the phone will have. If any...

Here's also a much better quality version of the spot

I just wished sometimes there were short movies with a real story attached to these TV spots.

Yeah, would be cool. Apparently the spot is directed by Kleinmann.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    bondjames wrote: »
    Why are they using Harris to promote this phone? I certainly am not being encouraged to purchase one from this ad.

Can't Sony get the lead actor, or the villain, or even the main squeeze to do the ad? Why are they using a bit supporting actor?

Seems like cheap marketing to me.

Your answer would be in the Sony leaks....
    Craig didn't want to be involved with Sony - he and Mendes didn't want Bond to use Sony at all and they had an offer from Samsung for much more $$$. Someone posted in the leaks thread that Craig is indeed using a Galaxy S7 in the film, so this makes sense, which is why Moneypenny is promoting this and not Bond.
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/25/daniel-craig-turned-down-5m-spectre-deal-because-sony-phones-arent-cool-enough-for-james-bond-5167150/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @antovolk. That explains it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Are we getting another video blog soon?
    Are we getting another video blog soon?

Yes, probably sometime this week. On the stunts.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,598
    SPECTRE will be 160 minutes? I hope so! There seems to be a lot of action in this film and we need a decent amount of down time too.

You know, I'm presently domiciled in China. Skyfall wasn't released in China until late January 2013 because the government likes to protect local productions and this will probably be the case for SPECTRE too. I can't get time off to go on holiday to another country in which to see the film until January either (the film most likely won't be screening in cinemas in most countries by this time either anyway) so I'm screwed both ways. :) Currently, China hasn't even been listed in the list of international release dates. I most likely won't see SPECTRE until almost 3 months after it has been released in The UK. LOL.

Would it be okay to have a non spoiler thread for SPECTRE reviews?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @Bounine I think that's the plan. We have discussed a non spoiler thread for reviews, so I'm sure it will happen.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'm definitely quitting the internet as soon as someone in the general public is able to see the film ;)

Although I'm seeing it on November 5th so it's not all bad :)
    NicNac wrote: »
    @Bounine I think that's the plan. We have discussed a non spoiler thread for reviews, so I'm sure it will happen.

There's going to need to be a very self disciplined thread for this to work. Maybe a rating out of 10 is about as far as this can go with a single word reaction!? Anything more is probably expecting much and there'd be little point having a column chock full of blue spoiler boxes ?

Still, I can guess those that will say "11/10 awesome" :D

• After watching the new TV spot, I noticed that there was something about the look of the film that reminded me of something I'd seen before, then I realized that the tungsten/yellowish grading makes it look like a Francis Ford Coppola movie.

spectre-james-bond-trailer-screencaps-1.png
    spectre-james-bond-trailer-screencaps-26.png
    spectre-james-bond-trailer-screencaps-78.png

2441_7.jpg
    2441_3.jpg
    3393_6.jpg
  • Are we getting another video blog soon?

Fingers crossed it's today. The stunts video blog is one of my favourites, hopefully there's some more footage of Bond vs Hinx in this one..
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    andmcit wrote: »

There's going to need to be a very self disciplined thread for this to work. Maybe a rating out of 10 is about as far as this can go with a single word reaction!? Anything more is probably expecting much and there'd be little point having a column chock full of blue spoiler boxes ?

It will be difficult yes. Trying to get people to say 'This is a great film, Craig was great, the pacing was great, the music was..ok, ' etc without giving any plot points away will probably be impossible. So hopefully if we have a Review and Discussion thread for people who have seen the film, with a spoiler alert in the title, it will be down to everyone else to be strong and avoid the thread.
    :-O
    Reviewing a movie...
    without giving any plot points away will probably be impossible. :-O
    ... is certainly possible. Check out RottenTomatoes, Metacritic, the IMDB comments section, etc.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I don't want to risk, I won't access MI6Community at all between UK's and Italy's release.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    same here. mutatis mutandis.

I am fortunate to live in the UK so i won't have to avoid MI6. But i am wise enough not spoil the film for anybody on here as i know from being on here already people let out spoilers. Even though their are specific threads for this.
    Has anyone read that piece on DoG about Connery actually being involved in SF and how the entire ending was changed once it was decided Connery was too unwell to film his scenes? Ok, I know it's not totally related to this pruduction but then neither are photos of semi-naked firemen. Here it is below, if you haven't read it:
    With the towering success of Skyfall, it's fair to say that EON Productions have set themselves a tough act to follow. Making $1.18bn worldwide, Skyfall wasn't only the biggest Bond film to date, but also ranks among the biggest films of all time. It was about the best 50th birthday present the franchise could have hoped for.

If what we've heard is true, however, Skyfall could have been rather different.

You'll probably remember Skyfall's final act: Bond (Daniel Craig, of course) and M (Judi Dench) speed off in an old Aston DB5 and head to Skyfall Lodge, Bond's ancestral home. There, Bond stands reflectively over the graves of his parents, and meets Kincade (Albert Finney), the lodge's groundskeeper and Bond's childhood mentor. Together, the three of them engage in a Straw Dogs-like final confrontation with villain Silva (Javier Bardem) and his army of henchmen.

You may also recall that director Sam Mendes revealed that Bond veteran Sean Connery was once considered for the role of Kincade, but the thought was quickly dropped; Mendes and his team concluding, perhaps rightly, that Connery's presence may have pulled audiences out of the film.

“To me it becomes too… it would take you out of the movie. Connery is Bond and he’s not going to come back as another character," Mendes told The Huffington Post. “It was a very brief flirtation with that thought, but it was never going to happen, because I thought it would distract”.

But a source close to the production suggests that Connery's involvement in Skyfall was far more than merely an early abandoned idea. In fact, we're told that not only did Connery rehearse for the part, but also that Kincade and the Skyfall Lodge's part in the film would have once been rather different.

The story goes that, as initially written, Skyfall Lodge was intended as an isolated refuge for retired agents - and that Connery would have been one of them. The conclusion of Skyfall would therefore have seen Craig's Bond defend Skyfall Lodge from Silva's goons; we understand that Connery wouldn't have been specifically referred to as a 00 Agent - "it was left reasonably vague," we're told - but the implication would have been there.

According to our source, who was on the production at the time, rehearsal footage was shot with Connery as Kincade, but the actor's ill health was such that, regrettably, Connery had to bow out of the production. Following Connery's departure, all mention of his involvement was quietly glossed over.

Thereafter, a replacement from Bond movies past was allegedly sought - George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton are the two names provided to us - but ultimately, the script was rewritten and Albert Finney was brought in to play Kincade, now a groundskeeper.

Of course, none of this has been officially confirmed by EON, so we'll have to treat the story with a certain amount of caution. But it's exciting to think that Connery, who's now retired, could have enjoyed one last appearance in a Bond movie.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/skyfall/36925/skyfall-sean-connery-was-involved-sources-say#ixzz3lojDBiMd
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,598
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am fortunate to live in the UK so i won't have to avoid MI6. But i am wise enough not spoil the film for anybody on here as i know from being on here already people let out spoilers. Even though their are specific threads for this.

I'm unfortunate to currently be living in Shanghai. ;) No, it's most interesting and enjoyable here but China aint movie friendly in terms of non Chinese film flicks. Mission Impossible 5 only just came out recently. :)

Thanks @NicNac. I suppose if people were to remember to hide the spoilers that this would be okay, but unfortunately this doesn't always happen.

A voting poll where people rate the movie out of 10 would be good too.

It will be difficult yes. Trying to get people to say 'This is a great film, Craig was great, the pacing was great, the music was..ok, ' etc without giving any plot points away will probably be impossible. So hopefully if we have a Review and Discussion thread for people who have seen the film, with a spoiler alert in the title, it will be down to everyone else to be strong and avoid the thread.

Once the movie is out it's mostly up to people themselves what they read, of course. Personally I always consider reviews anywhere to be potentially spoilerish, so I tend to avoid reading reviews anyway.

edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    Tuulia wrote: »

Once the movie is out it's mostly up to people themselves what they read, of course. Personally I always consider reviews anywhere to be potentially spoilerish, so I tend to avoid reading reviews anyway.

I agree; the onus is on the reader not to be spoiled, really (given that people don't talk about the leaks/plot points in areas they're not supposed to). For myself, I want to go into the film having seen no footage at all, so I consider footage from the teasers/trailers to be spoilers, and it is of course highly unreasonable to expect people in the forums not to talk about officially released material so I tread carefully and take responsibility for not being spoiled myself.

EDIT: So I scroll down quickly from the material shown on this very page ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Thanks God all that bullshit about Connery being an ex-00 agent was dropped. People would scream everywhere their f****** stupid codename theory.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 55
    I think that script concept was only ever just a concept. When Sean Connery retired he totally ceased all acting activity bar 2 TV ads and some voiceover work. I remember talking to John Hurt at a BFI event. He told me that Connery was drafted into the new Indiana Jones film (Crystal Skull) reprising his role as Doctor Jones Snr. The script had to be heavily re-worked, after despite various offers, he declined to get involved. The role John Hurt played of Loxley was the reworked of story elements from Connery's character. Connery famously sent a a nice note to Spielberg which was published online, see below. So I just can't see him doing Bond.

“I thought long and hard about it, and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son,” the 76-year-old Scottish actor declared. “But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun.”

I know Mendes toyed for a moment with the idea of casting Connery as Kincade in Skyfall, is that what you're talking about?
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    This article just called her Agent Fields?
    "... a smouldering, gun-toting turn as Agent Fields, soon revealed as the iconic Moneypenny..." Weird.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    dmwalker wrote: »
    My second, more recent, source was an uncredited writer who did some polish work on a few scenes.

Again, I'd say that this doesn't mean things can't/haven't changed. But hopefully we can agree that it would be foolish to completely discount Mendes's opinion.

Personally, I'm fine either way. I'd be very happy to see DC stay, even though I think neither QOS or SKYFALL lived up to the promise of CR. He's still the best Bond since Connery, imo. But equally, I think there's some good candidates out there to take the mantle. There's a neatness to allowing these four films to be a self-contained unit and, frankly, I don't see how much further they can push this tone.

But if you really think you'll be devastated by Craig leaving, I'd suggest you start getting used to the idea. Every new piece of info that slips out fits, more or less, with what Mendes said to me and the PR fluff from Barbara Broccoli doesn't for one second convince me otherwise.

So, Mendes confines in someone outside of producrtion, whereas according to Babs, they don't want this (if true) to be out there. Doesn't make sense, Mendes wouldn't be so dumb. Plus, according to those, who read the script, you can see the end either way, as a cliffhanger or a Good Bye. We know, everybody is sworn to secrecy, yet you go out and spread the "news", which makes you unloyal, if nothing else.

With respect, you are clearly disturbingly obsessed with Daniel Craig so I doubt you'll believe anything short of an official announcement (if that). You certainly don't seem to believe him - he just recently said that he wasn't going to do another one. Yes, he qualified that with a "but we'll see"; but it seems a wilful act of confirmation bias to disregard the solid statement "no" for the vague statement "we'll see".

And please - can you and fellow drama queen mcdonbb leave out the "disloyal" crap? Mendes isn't a friend of mine and I don't work for EON. If he really wanted it kept quiet he wouldn't have mentioned it - we'd never met before and I made no attempt to solicit the information. You both need to get a life; preferably one in which tidbits of info about a James Bond movie haven't assumed the importance of state secrets.

I've said what I know - detailed in full in the SPECTRE leaks thread (along with other info that has been confirmed as true, which I notice neither of you ever mention) and now I've told you the source. Believe it or don't; I really don't care. I'll continue to believe it until I see some convincing sign that something's changed. And up till now, I've not seen any, barring the rather feeble ambiguities that I would expect from EON.

This article just called her Agent Fields?
    "... a smouldering, gun-toting turn as Agent Fields, soon revealed as the iconic Moneypenny..." Weird.

Outside the fan world, there are so many misconceptions about bond movies: Vesper was Moneypenny, Bond got married twice, etc.
    If it means anything, I know dmWker is 100 per cent legit and, because I also work in the film game, I know, from experience, professional filmmakers talk and reveal inside info to other folk in the same profession - just like people do in all walks of life.

Craig might be back, but it seems, even from his own comments, he might be over with Bond.
    Hey everybody, here is Moneypenny on Hinxs jag, expect more
    Jag is having a SPECTRE party tonight for the Frankfurt Motor Show. I have a guy inside so stay tuned. Not sure much else wI'll be released beyond Jag's social media.