Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    The Writings on the wall ... or the remains of it...

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    When will we receive the countdown website to the theme song ??????????? I remember Skyfall had its own countdown website for the midnight launch

Is it that big of a worry? The song will be out in 17 days, so if anything, set your own countdown clock as a widget or something on your phone/computer background.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    When will we receive the countdown website to the theme song ??????????? I remember Skyfall had its own countdown website for the midnight launch

Is it that big of a worry? The song will be out in 17 days, so if anything, set your own countdown clock as a widget or something on your phone/computer background.

No its nto a worry. I forgot to add that I really like the countdown website, like with Skyfall, is it showed a video of the lyrics. I like my first experience with the song like that. So that's why I'm asking.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    I like how people are being judgemental and they haven't even heard the bloody song yet.

I find it small minded and baffling.

Who said anything about the bloody song? I am referring to the artist choice and the song title but mind you, I do have very low expectations.
    I can only assume they will, though it is a surprise that it wasn't the first thing announced alongside Smith's confirmation as the title song artist.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    My expectations for this bond theme are the lowest ive ever had since I became a bond. So this song has to be bloody classy and catchy to get me excited. But knowing it was written in 20 minutes doesn't help my encouragement
    My expectations for this bond theme are the lowest ive ever had since I became a bond. So this song has to be bloody classy and catchy to get me excited. But knowing it was written in 20 minutes doesn't help my encouragement

Which actor are you?

Having the song written in 20 minutes doesn't mean anything. Someone noted a famous Elton John song earlier that was written in the same amount of time, and apparently, 'Sweet Child Of Mine' was written in only five to ten minutes (from what I've read online, obviously.) You sound like you really aren't looking forward to this song, so try not to find more reasons to hate it, give it a few weeks, and judge it once it's released.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    I just have very low expectations, that's all. As it may seem, it must have come natural to sam instantly, and there's a chance this can be an instant classic. I'm not judging the actual song, because ive not obviously heard it. But it doesn't stop my expectations from been low due. Its mostly because it's the artist I'm not a fan of. Ill give him a chance though.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    In 20 minutes you can do plenty. Like make love, so long as
    You include cuddling for around 18 minutes. :D
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6DssT4znkJBip8c5dZLb5687G1GIluh4Rw-NAf--QSDgQGOAehw
  • Don't like his voice no matter what, so cannot change that.
    Don't like his voice no matter what, so cannot change that.

Then one can only surmise that you'll hate the title song if you hate his voice no matter what.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Lol ..that's right ..Sam's vocal coach Spongebob
    You can't please all the people all the time. ;) I don't like
    Another way to die, for instance and don't rate Madonna's
    Die another Day too highly either.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    Lol ..that's right ..Sam's vocal coach Spongebob
    That's it, it probably will. But if the actual tune is catchy and classy, it might compliment his voice enough for me to like it. I don't really know what to expect yet, so ill just have to wait
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Yeah, but they realy are pretty poor bond songs, especially for quantum.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    DrGorner wrote: »

I have decided I hate burgers because I don't like the sizzling noise they make on the grill, no point in tasting one :P
    I could counter that a million flies love eating sh*t, but it
    Doesn't mean I have to. :D I like Sam and can't wait to
    Hear his song. ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Lizo Mzimba interview Smith:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34183337

Says he never said Goulding was doing it, was invited a year ago (Mendes was right when he said they already knew who was doing the song at the press announcement).
  • RC7RC7
    Sandy wrote: »
    Lizo Mzimba interview Smith:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34183337

Says he never said Goulding was doing it, was invited a year ago (Mendes was right when he said they already knew who was doing the song at the press announcement).

I always suspected that was true and that it was Smith from the beginning. Not to claim I'm prophetic in any way, but simply because it seemed the most likely and obvious. As it was with Adele. The advantage the producers have these days is that fans can and will create a maelstrom out of the most innocuous pieces of information and/or lies. We have a thread dedicated to who will play Blofeld, yet I tend to believe, as with Smith, that the obvious answer is always correct ie. Waltz is Blofeld. They can get away with the obvious in 2015 because the fans provide the smoke and mirrors for them.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    writer5150 wrote: »
    I reserve judgement until I hear the song. Fingers crossed.

At this point, I have to confess I'm happy it's not the Arctic Monkeys. When the idea was first brought up on this thread, I loved it. Smart idea. Then posters began sounding like whiny children on a long road trip (are we there yet? are we there yet?) -- so that every other post was, approximately, "I hear this suggestion or that suggestion but you're all idiots -- it can only be the Arctic Monkeys." And at some point I began to dislike the band through that association.

So Sam Smith. Not my favorite choice, but we may end up pleasantly surprised. (I hope.)

I think it is ridiculous you would dislike a band by associating them with a handful of opinions on the internet.. but we are all a bit dramatic aren't we.

I prefer the word "passionate." ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,554
    I like Sam Smith, like his music. I must admit, though, that his voice doesn't seem to match well with a James Bond theme. But this can be minimized with a good song. Smith's song with Disclosure "latch" is an example and proves that Smith's vocals can work in a heavier song.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Ellie Goulding has a great sense of humour:

Sam doesn't have the range, darling. :D
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Wonder if this song will be a part of the soundtrack album for a change?
  • So this is my question...

What in the world is going on with Ellie Goulding? What is this "Spy" song that she recorded? Some of this doesn't make sense. I think EON is holding out on some information related to the music.

The working title "Spy" song HAS to be part of Spectre... Why throw bones out like that if they don't mean anything? Unless it was a whole plot between the two artists to distract people?
    So this is my question...

What in the world is going on with Ellie Goulding? What is this "Spy" song that she recorded? Some of this doesn't make sense. I think EON is holding out on some information related to the music.

The working title "Spy" song HAS to be part of Spectre... Why throw bones out like that if they don't mean anything? Unless it was a whole plot between the two artists to distract people?

I think it may be just a rejected song that she redid for her upcoming album.
    Look at Yahoo's list of the top ten Bond title songs. Makes me laugh.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/the-10-greatest-james-bond-theme-songs-128627200211.html
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Madonna and Garbage!!!!! Two of the worst! Where is OHMSS (both tracks)? Where is GF?? Laughable.