SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    roko wrote: »
    Any Germans around? Would you know of any way to get this issue here? I don't want a subscription, just the single issue. Is there an online shop? Do train station bookstores have EW?

You could try eBay.

RogueAgent wrote: »
    82 days to my holiday too!!! <:-P

nono, it's not 82 days anymore. 81!! You FOOL!! :-P :-D

That's ok! I am bonkers anyway!!!!! 8-}
  • From October 17 (i.e. a week before SP premiere), five brand new wax 007s will join Daniel Craig’s figure at Madame Tussauds London

Guess marketing is about to ramp up..
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited August 2015 Posts: 2,496
    "Spectre – Everything You Need To Know" from Empire Online.

Nothing particularly new mentioned in this.

And Mendes is being honoured at the 2015 Britannia Awards in LA on Oct. 30th.
  • pjvpjv Australia
    Does anyone feel we should be receiving the final Spectre poster sometime soon. I cant recall when the Skyfall posters were released, but I'm fairly sure the 1 Sheet with the four characters on it was out by now.
    I really hope they do a big/classic final poster, as I felt the UK and Us Skyfall final 1 Sheets were very simple.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    The final Skyfall posters were a disgrace
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I like this poster skyfall-poster.jpg

I actually got one of these when I picked up the SF blu-ray. So, maybe that's why I like it
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ^That poster is a perfect example of EoN/creative dept not giving a flying f***. It's a terrible poster and quite frankly the worst Bond poster to be released.
    Pajan005 wrote: »

I actually got one of these when I picked up the SF blu-ray. So, maybe that's why I like it

Call me crapola, but I love this simply posed pictures as huge posters. It basically gives us Bond in full killer costume. His eyes are saying "I had my dose of shit in my first two adventures, but now I'm BACK!" :-P
    I get a "You talking to me?" vibe from DC on this poster
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited August 2015 Posts: 5,080
    It's awful. Uninspired and dull. Up your game for SPECTRE, EON.
  • pjvpjv Australia
    I actually liked skyfall's teaser poster better than any of the final options. And I was surprised the new gunbarrel seen in the teaser poster at least didn't make it into the final UK 1sheet
    edited August 2015 Posts: 432
    EON should perhaps take a look at the fan made posters. That would sure give a lot of inspiration.

Something like this
    20799_1460506367593212_5651987189344258055_n.jpg?oh=62138cb050f3cbb67f4094a1ae2c7804&oe=55F1A4DA

5v0j9w.jpg
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 161

That's a decent poster, at least reminds us the story takes place in London and it has the gunbarrel which is always a plus, but THIS ONE:

ikQbrpo.jpg

It's BAD beyond words..
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    but THIS ONE:

ikQbrpo.jpg

It's BAD beyond words..

This is even the cover of the Blu-ray (German version) I almost fainted when I saw this, it's beyond awful.
  • RC7RC7
    The SF posters were effectively 50th anniversary posters. They give no indication of the tone or style of the film. In that sense that probably worked from a marketing point view, as they're inoffensive, generic 'Bond'. That said, it's still shite and I wouldn't have it anywhere near my wall. They need to sort it out for SP and stop with the minimalist tosh. The old posters are pieces of art. These new ones are just pieces of graphic design. I want art for my wall! Something somebody cared about when they developed and executed it.
    Same cover for the Blu-ray in Sweden

It feels like SP is doing the same thing with their posters so far. Selling the film with just Bond standing there looking you in the eye

skyfall_bluray_steelbook.jpg

spectre-poster-black-white.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SP will be even worse.
    Just look at the current SP poster, that's no movie poster at all.
    Just replace the word Spectre with GAP, H&M or ZARA and you have the perfect marketing campaign for clothes retailers.
    It's beyond ridiculous.
    Just noticed that little detail. I don't know if it matters that much, but in CR and QOS Bond turns his eyes towards the corners of the poster. And now in SF and SP he looks straight at you
  • RC7RC7
    Just noticed that little detail. I don't know if it matters that much, but in CR and QOS Bond turns his eyes towards the corners of the poster. And now in SF and SP he looks straight at you

CR and QoS had some sense of tone. SF and thus far SP have sod all. Like Bond @BondJasonBond006 says, the SP teaser poster is just a fragrance or clothing ad. Given the fact that most criticism aimed at this era is built on the idea that it is dour and introspective, you'd think they would counteract this by injecting a bit of flair and colour into the marketing, but no. Let's go 'grey'.
  • SP will be even worse.
    Just replace the word Spectre with GAP, H&M or ZARA and you have the perfect marketing campaign for clothes retailers.
    It's beyond ridiculous.

As long as it's only a teaser poster, i think it's fine.

You know what i'd love to see? Since SP is linked to OHMSS why don't bring back those iconic taglines "FAR UP!, FAR OUT!, FAR MORE!" with each one a different background e.g. Austria mountains with plane: "FAR UP!", Mexico fight on helicopter "FAR OUT!"...

That would be awesome!
  • RC7RC7
    SP will be even worse.
    It's beyond ridiculous.

You know what i'd love to see? Since SP is linked to OHMSS why don't bring back those iconic taglines "FAR UP!, FAR OUT!, FAR MORE!" with each one a different background e.g. Austria mountains with plane: "FAR UP!", Mexico fight on helicopter "FAR OUT!"...

That would be awesome!

Or maybe they could just do something new and inventive with a bit of Bondian panache.
    Anyone recall when we got the Release Poster for SF? Could it have been September?
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone recall when we got the Release Poster for SF? Could it have been September?

August iirc.
    SP will be even worse.
    It's beyond ridiculous.

That would be awesome!

Not happening. At all.

Sorry guys, but that's just the state of today's movie posters, the only way I can see them doing something like this if EON do a deliberate 60s style limited edition collectible poster like that IMAX one with black and white Bond and DB5 for SF. Placed in today's movie posters that'd just be super unfitting.

And posters which throw together lots of scenes/locations/characters at you are very very badly received by the public today. Today: people and studios and directors prefer simple, more minimalist designs. Just look at any other major blockbuster movie poster (minus Avengers 2 because that was a mess of a poster) in recent years.

No doubt, for the final SPECTRE poster they'll carry on the same simple approach as with the QoS and SF final posters (hopefully not like the US SF final poster, mind you). Not overloaded with different locations like the old school Bond posters - just Bond and Madeleine somewhere.

And @RC7 - all movie posters today are pieces if graphic design. If you want old school "art", the only options for that would be those limited edition collectible posters that either EON put out officially or people like Mondo sell.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,512
    antovolk wrote: »
    And @RC7 - all movie posters today are pieces if graphic design. If you want old school "art", the only options for that would be those limited edition collectible posters that either EON put out officially or people like Mondo sell.

Wrong. You can have art. Art doesn't mean painterly, it means something that has some genuine thought behind it and stirs an emotional response. I'm pitching 'graphic design' in the sense of Bond posters as something skill based, juxtaposing images in an fashion that requires no emotional input and thus no emotional response.

This has artistic merit. It's evocative, it stirs the emotions.

latest?cb=20120329172248

This doesn't.

FACEBOOK.1.jpg

I'm not after a classic Bond composition in the vein of the sixties and seventies, I just want some genuine effort and thought to go into these posters. They shouldn't be blandly anonymous, they should have visual flair and tone and not be ads for Hugo Boss.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Gotcha @RC7 - it's like when people accuse posters of being too "photoshopped" - don't you use Photoshop to make them anyway? Graphic design is essentially how posters are done today - it's the question of, like you said, where there was some genuine creative thought put behind them, and whether it provokes an emotional response. That CR teaser poster is really great btw, I do agree.

Btw if you guys want examples of fantastic modern movie posters of today - look into Neil Kellerhouse's work for David Fincher's The Social Network, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl; or Tim Palen's work on The Hunger Games films. Those two make the best and most creative/arty posters with 'graphic design' style and minimalism that is required from today's posters.

Gone-Girl-Poster.jpg
    girl_with_the_dragon_tattoo_ver3.jpg
    mockingjay-2-poster-snow-art-720x1066.jpg
    Jennifer-Lawrence.jpg
    catching-fire-imax-poster-610x903.jpg
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,015
    And posters which throw together lots of scenes/locations/characters at you are very very badly received by the public today. Today: people and studios and directors prefer simple, more minimalist designs. Just look at any other major blockbuster movie poster (minus Avengers 2 because that was a mess of a poster) in recent years.

Are you sure it's because of people's reception to them ?
    I always thought that the posters were now turned into advertising for the lead actors mostly because of the agents, who ask explicitly for this : I want this movie to increase the market value of my actor, so please put him/her on the poster first and foremost.

There are rumors the Star Wars posters may go back to the old fashioned way.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Those hunger games posters look pretty damn good. When it came to posters EoN used to be able to run with and stand out from the pack but now, they seem to be dragging a pegleg.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 3,164

Are you sure it's because of people's reception to them ?
    I always thought that the posters were now turned into advertising for the lead actors mostly because of the agents, who ask explicitly for this : I want this movie to increase the market value of my actor, so please put him/her on the poster first and foremost.

There are rumors the Star Wars posters may go back to the old fashioned way.

Oh yeah, I agree with you on that, I did forget about that aspect, duh :S, but overcrowded and messy posters people respond badly to - such as:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlGeugacRkKznDOtRhUCVt0AkrOTPbaaKwF9xgGZgNViyC_Xko

So you're probably right, it's more that aspect than reception, but reception does play a part too to some extent. Question is, given this requirement, how creative/arty can you still be with it (Palen's HG work is a perfect example of taking that actors-first requirement and still pulling out beautiful poster art).

Talking of SW - indeed: Struzan came back to do the D23 exclusive poster (just given out at the event and not officially put up in cinemas etc). Opinion seemed to be split: half are OMG because it's Struzan and going back to old school, half are criticising that it's kiiiiiinda awkwardly put together...I'd kinda fall in the latter camp tbh.

ep7poster.jpg