SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    The SW poster is terrible. The composition is awful. The Hunger Games are a good example of creativity in a modernist, conceptualist/abstract style. As a very direct comparison with the Mockingjay poster - imagine Craig in his LALD get up, casually slumped in a white chair on a white background with a small pool of red blood offset on the floor. It would be infinitely better than the SP teaser.
    RC7 wrote: »
    The SW poster is terrible. The composition is awful. The Hunger Games are a good example of creativity in a modernist, conceptualist/abstract style. As a very direct comparison with the Mockingjay poster - imagine Craig in his LALD get up, casually slumped in a white chair on a white background with a small pool of red blood offset on the floor. It would be infinitely better than the SP teaser.

Agreed.

For the record, my favourite SP poster is the initial announcement teaser poster with the gunshot/octopus logo. Shame it was never printed as an official one-sheet.
  • RC7RC7
    antovolk wrote: »

Agreed.

For the record, my favourite SP poster is the initial announcement teaser poster with the gunshot/octopus logo. Shame it was never printed as an official one-sheet.

Yeah, that was much better. A well thought out teaser.

Agreed.

Yeah, that was much better. A well thought out teaser.

Also it's interesting - is this the first Bond film with an actual logo graphic/emblem to go with the title treatment?
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Also it's interesting - is this the first Bond film with an actual logo graphic/emblem to go with the title treatment?

How could you forget Octopussy ?! ;)
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    SP will be even worse.
    Just look at the current SP poster, that's no movie poster at all.
    Just replace the word Spectre with GAP, H&M or ZARA and you have the perfect marketing campaign for clothes retailers.
    It's beyond ridiculous.

True.
    The best movie poster ever in my opinion.
    Ahead of its time and almost Bondian in fact!

italian_job_xlg.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    TFC1 wrote: »
    The best movie poster ever in my opinion.
    Ahead of its time and almost Bondian in fact!

italian_job_xlg.jpg

Fantastic.
    Haven't seen a Bond poster I liked since the rejected LTK one that was Dalton in DIRTY HARRY mode, but reading the thread made me imagine one for SPECTRE where you have the octopus logo with its arms trailing down all around Bond beneath, who is in one of those FYEO Moore poses looking up with gun out. You could even put Vesper and other key figures from the movies on the end of each arm, if this is in fact going to reveal some nutsy grand unified theory of bond-antagonism, and you'd have a poster hinting about the movie in an ARTFUL way.
    The SF posters were effectively 50th anniversary posters. They give no indication of the tone or style of the film. In that sense that probably worked from a marketing point view, as they're inoffensive, generic 'Bond'. That said, it's still shite and I wouldn't have it anywhere near my wall. They need to sort it out for SP and stop with the minimalist tosh. The old posters are pieces of art. These new ones are just pieces of graphic design. I want art for my wall! Something somebody cared about when they developed and executed it.

I like minimalist posters but they did push the button with SF. Love the SO teaser poster we've had though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The state of movie posters in general today is pretty horrible, and going off of that first SP poster, I don't see things getting any better. All these posters have been for both SF (teaser poster, official poster, the UK IMAX poster) and SP (the teaser poster) are merely Bond posing and nothing else. Incredibly dull.
    Empire Magazine are having a Winter Preview issue next week - expecting some SPECTRE stuff....orobbaly a new still and interview, like in EW.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Empire Magazine are having a Winter Preview issue next week - expecting some SPECTRE stuff....orobbaly a new still and interview, like in EW.

I was expecting this month's Empire to be Spectre, given they usually do two Bond covers leading up to a film. Maybe for the October issue...

Mallory wrote: »

I was expecting this month's Empire to be Spectre, given they usually do two Bond covers leading up to a film. Maybe for the October issue...
    I was gonna say November but remembered that it's out the week the Nov issue would be out, after SP is out in the UK. Makes sense - 007 in Oct, Hunger Games in Nov, SW again in Dec.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

I was gonna say November but remembered that it's out the week the Nov issue would be out, after SP is out in the UK. Makes sense - 007 in Oct, Hunger Games in Nov, SW again in Dec.

There's no mention of Spectre on the October cover.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Heineken-James-Bond-2-GQ-21Aug15-pr_b_320x480.jpg

Heineken-James-Bond-1-GQ-21Aug15-pr_b_720x1080.jpg

Heineken-James-Bond-3-GQ-21Aug15-pr_b_720x1080.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Nice suit.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wouldn't mind seeing Craig go with that longer hairdo in the next film. It seems to be getting shorter and shorter, makes him look older, I think.
  • Has DC been drinking from the fountain of youth? @-)
    Double Diamond ? It works wonders. :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    [
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Craig go with that longer hairdo in the next film. It seems to be getting shorter and shorter, makes him look older, I think.

It was too short in SF but looks great in SP.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Craig looks fantastic, he's aged the best. There's no denying he looks older but ready for duty.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    [
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It was too short in SF but looks great in SP.

Please continue this discussion in "The Hair Thread". It has been cut short for a long time.
    Lets not split hairs over this fringe issue.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Red_Snow wrote: »

There's no mention of Spectre on the October cover.

Whoops - didn't realise SW/the new issue next week is the October issue :P
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Nice suit.
    Beautiful suit.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Heineken-James-Bond-3-GQ-21Aug15-pr_b_720x1080.jpg

Good Lord, Craig looks like a 60 year old that had plastic surgery. I truly hope that photograph doesn't do him justice.
  • Heineken announce massive marketing campaign with Bond film, SPECTRE

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1361014/heineken-bond-ultimate-man-knows-drink-occasion

Heineken spent $100million on marketing its partnership with the Skyfall film, which included an ad featuring the Bond actor himself, Daniel Craig.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    According to an article which came out yesterday on an italian magazine, Bond will drink a Vodka Martini in this movie, is it true?