SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Zekidk wrote: »
    Bond is a cash cow. Why starve it?

Well put @Zekidk.
    Well I can see why they took so long releasing that vlog! Hardly anything in it to write home about! :-S
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    lol, so when will we get the final anti climactic poster? I still can't believe a major studio approved the final one for Skyfall
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    To be honest, that was the best we we were going to get. It's been the case since TLD.
  • RC7RC7
    The posters are total crap. They need to sort it out.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If Tom Cruise anywhere EON or Bond I'll be jumping ship big time.

The poster campaign for SF might have looked cheap and knocked together but that campaign made the film ubiquitous throughout the UK. I've never seen a Bond film with that much exposure in my time of being a fan.

You might not have liked it but it was good contributor to SF massive haul and to think different because it wasn't like the vintage posters is just being bloody minded.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a similar campaign for SP, look fans are in a small minority and the people that will make or break this movie (the public) couldn't give a rats ass about the poster campaign. Also what is all this BB has upset the fans?

She's upset a very small minority of people that aren't going to have any bearing on this film hitting the billion. Some of you are just wrapped in your own self importance, the bubble that is MI6 forum.

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well I can see why they took so long releasing that vlog! Hardly anything in it to write home about! :-S

Again, a case of being a spoiled brat :-P. What about all those "new" Bond fans who went to see "Skyfall" and who aren't that well 'educated' yet about the production of a Bond film :-P.
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote: »
    The poster campaign for SF might have looked cheap and knocked together but that campaign made the film ubiquitous throughout the UK. I've never seen a Bond film with that much exposure in my time of being a fan.

It worked for SF. I believe, because it was so stripped back it couldn't offend anyone. It didn't suggest tone, or style, it was just Bond. You see it, or you don't. That said, it was still lacklustre and SP thus far is along a similar thrust. Uninspired gubbins.

You have to remember we're not Sony execs on here. I don't give a fuck about 'haul', I care about having a decent poster on my wall. This is my hobby. If that makes me self important, so be it, I couldn't really care less. Regardless, what I want is better than what we're being given. If you think the SP poster is decent you're a mug.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 5,080
    Shardlake wrote: »
    because it wasn't like the vintage posters is just being bloody minded.

Like any other poster post-TLD then.
    Mission Impossible 6 is coming in 2017, no reason that EON can't make Bond 25 for that year too. If Cruise and co makes a film just as good as the 4th and 5th within a 2 years gap, I will be disappointed that EON has not been able to make a film that quickly since 2008.

Tom Cruise is probably the most capable, best and talented producer/actor of our times.
    I wish he would run EON.
    It just shows that the best times of BB + MGW are long gone.
    I don't mean the quality of the movies, but the whole production process from start to finish.

Is this guy bloody trolling? Sorry, but he's stirring a pot which could be left well alone. Let's focus on the present please and not on the hypothetical... it doesn't help.

Love the new videoblog. I have a thing for French girls anyway, but Lea! Wowzer.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020
    I completely forgot that they were also shooting at the Appia Street and this beautiful Villa Fiorano (just outside Rome) where it leads to:
    OWY3crF.jpg
    4AvDOqw.jpg
    o60CqPQ.jpg
    vnGEPg6.jpg

wedding-di-sera.jpg
    fa97761c9f2a10767056f9288cad7de2.jpg
    villa_di_fiorano_2.jpeg
    villa%20di%20fiorano%20esteno.jpg
    villa-di-fiorano-12833.jpg

Locations were always one of the strengths of the Bond movies. No doubt Spectre will have spectacular ones if I look at those pictures.
    And any location looks even better if Monica Bellucci graces it with her presence.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I don't think the distribution rights are going to hinder or slow. Motivated seller motivated buyer ...not a legal battle and besides producers pitch films to respective studios all the time. Here already a known commodity.

• OMEGA to release Seamaster 300 Limited Edition worn by James Bond in SPECTRE for 7,007 pieces only: http://www.omegawatches.com/news/international-news/international-news-detail/3015
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I don't think the distribution rights are going to hinder or slow. Motivated seller motivated buyer ...not a legal battle and besides producers pitch films to respective studios all the time. Here already a known commodity.

Certain Bond fans in here.........are panicking like the dumbest Bond-girls from the Guy Hamilton Bond films :-P. I really don't get that.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

Certain Bond fans in here.........are panicking like the dumbest Bond-girls from the Guy Hamilton Bond films :-P. I really don't get that.

Can I be Mary Goodnight, pleeease, pleeease!! :(|)
    Mission Impossible 6 is coming in 2017, no reason that EON can't make Bond 25 for that year too. If Cruise and co makes a film just as good as the 4th and 5th within a 2 years gap, I will be disappointed that EON has not been able to make a film that quickly since 2008.

I'm sorry eh. I find this such simplistic criticism. Like "Ooowh, if we do it the Tom Cruise way we get AND a good Bond film and we get it only two years after "SPECTRE".

Do NOT forget there was a huge 4-year gap between "Ghost Protocol" and "Rogue Nation". And furthermore. there's a difference between a Bond-production and a Mission: Impossible-production. Bond-productions are always bigger. And despite the fact that "Rogue Nation" looked great, I think because it's an "M:I"-film we tend to criticize it not as much as a Bond film. That's not fair.

In fact, looking at the filming style, cinematography, editing, color filters, etc, I thought " Rogue Nation" most likely got inspired by "Skyfall".
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yesssss!! Awesome!
    A fight with a henchman on a train? I'm liking it.
  • RC7RC7

Great pic!

As for the article title 'James Bond finally gets the origin story we've been waiting for in Spectre', that seems a little presumptuous. I've never wanted a Bond origin story.
  • Nice to see Madeleine getting in on the action.
    That picture is just dropped AWESOME :-O
    I hope this fight is brutal with a capital B.
    RC7 wrote: »
    As for the article title 'James Bond finally gets the origin story we've been waiting for in Spectre', that seems a little presumptuous. I've never wanted a Bond origin story.

Yeah, me neither. This Jason Bourne influence of giving the character a backstory and history just won't go away.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Awesome picture, makes my weekend! I cannot see if Lea is chained to the shelf or does she hold a gun? Looking forward to the choreography of that fight!
    As am I! Olivier Schneider, let's see what you brought!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just look how absolutely scared Bond looks in that. Craig's Bond has finally met his match.

I tell you what, if this fight scene is goofy and doesn't amp the brutality to an 11, I'll be very disappointed.
    My sentiments exactly but we have a great fight choreographer this time round I'm expecting some visceral and brutal. With the way we've already seen Hinx poke out some guy's eyes, they'd have to really then cock things up to turn Bond vs Hinx into something goofy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What else has the fight choreographer for this film worked on? I don't even recall who it is.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    here for a fight scene on the train and Léa in a gown holding a piece :-bd