Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    [
    I sure hope Mendes and Craig have no say in that matter. It's bad enough Craig is allowed to re-do scripts.

In these social media gone havoc times speculation goes out of control really.

In the end it will be ole plain Adele again...

He didn't redo the script.
  • I don't know about Adele. Nobody has ever sung two Bond songs in a row.

I also wonder whether it could be just instrumental; no singer, like OHMSS.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Paul McCarthy (again)? We know Mendes and Craig is a fan of LALD and he's still relevant.

Didn't he turn down QoS, because he didn't want to do another one? Or was that just a rumour?

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'd be extremely surprised if it's a repeat that isn't Adele.
    I'd be very surprised if it's Adele.
    My money's on Ellie Goulding (unfortunately).
    Given his effect on box office results, wouldn't be surprised if they get Chris Pratt to sing the song.
    Ellie Goilding's not very left field though
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Still crossing my fingers for Lana Del Rey...
    Nah. too 2012
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Mallory wrote: »
    Still crossing my fingers for Lana Del Rey...

Not too left field, unfortunately.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    DArtagnan wrote: »
    I don't know about Adele. Nobody has ever sung two Bond songs in a row.

I also wonder whether it could be just instrumental; no singer, like OHMSS.

If it's going to be instrumental, I wouldn't mind something along the lines of Sigur Rós or Ólafur Arnalds.

It's not going to be instrumental. Pretty sure. Where is EON going to make it's money? They want another chart topper, surely?
    Getafix wrote: »

Not sure what left-field-ed-ness has to do with it, I was just commenting that I think she'll be the singer.
    Wait, did Sam Mendez say the singer was someone out of left field or something? Maybe I missed a clue :S
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,756

Not sure what left-field-ed-ness has to do with it, I was just commenting that I think she'll be the singer.
    Wait, did Sam Mendez say the singer was someone out of left field or something? Maybe I missed a clue :S

Someone who knows the singer claimed it was "so left field, you wouldn't believe it." which would make me believe she's not the singer.
  • RC7RC7

Someone who knows the singer claimed it was "so left field, you wouldn't believe it." which would make me believe she's not the singer.

Was Paul McCarthy predictive text?
    RC7 wrote: »

Was Paul McCarthy predictive text?

Terrible spellling, I'm afraid.

Thanks!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,261

Or does left field really mean Leftfield?
    Elton John because why not.

Like I said I doubt I will like the choice Sure Rush Muse Yes ELO David Gilmour etc could do it and I would love it then but I doubt it.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 161
    This just in (from @jwills1884 on Twitter):

#Spectre theme song artist to be revealed monday 10th aug @007 @samsmithworld @elliegoulding

https://twitter.com/jwills1884/status/629015454435164161

#Spectre theme song artist to be revealed monday 10th aug @007 @samsmithworld @elliegoulding

How reliable is this?

Not necessarily.

Chris Evans teasesed two big "secrets" he had: (1) The idenity of the new Bond singer (2) The new cast of Strictly Come Dancing.

He revealed that one will be revealed on Monday. It could be Bond or it could be Strictly. The likelihood is that it is Strictly, as the show begins airing next month and the new set of contestants have yet to be revealed. We know from the process with SF that the song was withheld till the last possible moment despite being recorded well in advance. I'd expect Spectre's song to follow that pattern and be unveiled very late in the day.

In terms of people Evans could genuinely be friendly enough to get texts from it seems likely that it could be Sam Smith.

p02l6d5r.jpg

I missed what Evans said about Radiohead? Did he 100 percent rule them out?
  • Imagine if it was both of them
    Ah? Most likely Strictly then?!!!
    I really hope it's not Sam Smith, it's such a boring choice.
  • I missed what Evans said about Radiohead? Did he 100 percent rule them out?

Referring to the £15k bet that someone tried to place on them, he said something like "if I were that bookie, I'd try to find that person and take his bet. That's all I'm saying"

Or words to that effect.
    Patience

Hey you have it!! Take That would be perfect!!

OMG :-P. I actually wanted to say "This topic is slightly uninteresting at this stage. We hear more in 2 months from now"

He revealed that one will be revealed on Monday. It could be Bond or it could be Strictly. The likelihood is that it is Strictly, as the show begins airing next month and the new set of contestants have yet to be revealed. We know from the process with SF that the song was withheld till the last possible moment despite being recorded well in advance. I'd expect Spectre's song to follow that pattern and be unveiled very late in the day.

And like I said, Cornell was revealed end of July for CR even though YKMN wasn't released until the week before the film opened.

Given Mendes saying in that BBC interview before the trailer that it won't be long until we find out who is doing it, and other factors (Hunger Games also announcing their end credits track artist this week - Bond isn't the only film this year with a big-artist title track deal), I'd say that's what's revealed Monday. Besides, Strictly cast can be announced later that week haha
    antovolk wrote: »

And like I said, Cornell was revealed end of July for CR even though YKMN wasn't released until the week before the film opened.

Given Mendes saying in that BBC interview before the trailer that it won't be long until we find out who is doing it, and other factors (Hunger Games also announcing their end credits track artist this week - Bond isn't the only film this year with a big-artist title track deal), I'd say that's what's revealed Monday. Besides, Strictly cast can be announced later that week haha

I think that the Strictly casting was just a little wink to the Bond fans, I think the title artist will be announced then. I think they will do both quite frankly.

And just because he's close to Smith doesn't mean he'll be doing the theme.

Let Monday roll out.
  • It better not be Sam Smith. Sorry, cannot stand his music.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    I don't mind waiting much longer, if I know its certainly not him.
    It looks rather promising we could get the announcement on Monday. Like Sam Mendes did say we wont have to wait long. and if it was till near end of October, that would be long, so it must be soon.
    I will be gutted if it is Smith but I do think we are deliberately getting all kinds of phony redirection by various players in this scenario. Smith is my #1 worst choice, not just because he is so undeserving of and wrong for the job, but it just shows some seriously bad judgement on EON's part.