Bond 25 Speculation Thread (May contain SPOILERS so enter at own risk)

Comments

He does have a magical little finger ;) just as Vesper
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    JCRendle wrote: »
    He does have a magical little finger ;) just as Vesper
    Only one left. What a shame.
    Any word on Bond 25? You think it will be released in 2017? Or you think it be another 3-4 years?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Any word on Bond 25? You think it will be released in 2017? Or you think it be another 3-4 years?
    In my opinion it'll be released in 2018, unless the screenwriters already have a story in mind for Bond 25 and whoever will distribute the movie will push EON to release the movie asap, leading them to a 2017 release, but that might be at movie's detriment.

Walecs wrote: »
    In my opinion it'll be released in 2018, unless the screenwriters already have a story in mind for Bond 25 and whoever will distribute the movie will push EON to release the movie asap, leading them to a 2017 release, but that might be at movie's detriment.

If they have even settled on the screenwriters yet.. P&W were supposed to be out, but came back for 24 - and that was because Logan failed. I doubt he'll return for 25. So who is left?
    I know Bond 24 just went into post production but is there any word on Bond 25? any?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I know Bond 24 just went into post production but is there any word on Bond 25? any?
    The only piece of news I know of is that Mendes will not be returning.
  • Hope this is the right thread for this; I just now read this online comment elsewhere and I was like Whoa:
    "Skyfall makes no sense unless the primary purpose of breaking into parliament is to allow Ralph Fiennes to get shot in public and thereby become the new "M", i.e. He's a member of Spectre."

Thoughts?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 832
    Hope this is the right thread for this; I just now read this online comment elsewhere and I was like Whoa:
    "Skyfall makes no sense unless the primary purpose of breaking into parliament is to allow Ralph Fiennes to get shot in public and thereby become the new "M", i.e. He's a member of Spectre."
    Not really a spoiler so no need for concern
    That was at one point the plan, actually, which would have been terrible. The primary purpose of killing M was because of Silva's irratinal hate, like with trevelian in GE.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Would have been the second most shocking plot twist ever after The Empire Strikes Back's
    I am your father
    My honest hope for the next two films is this
    With Spectre essentially being on her majesties secret service thought with some new ideas it would be cool if the next two films play out this way

BLOFELD (2017) basically the death of Madeline Swann Bond's grief and bond having the big world chasing finale with an escaped Blofeld. While many here would say why not use Shatterhand I always felt Gutham Von Shatternlhand was such a weird wonderful name it could become it's own character in the film universe rather then just an alias.
    Locations: London, Japan, Paris France, and New York City

The Death Collector (2019) essentially a mixture of the man with golden gun and you only live twice where bond must search out an African warlord who has been causing the British government trouble. Bond takes the mission and proves he is 007.
    Locations Made up African country (so there is no issues politically or socially) London Norway and Brazil

Just a thought
  • Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Not really a spoiler so no need for concern
    We don't have the same definition of spoiler then :)
    I would love for Swann to survive aND become the first Bond girl to return for a major role on B25. Then her and Bond go after Waltz/whoever (if Blofeld pops up) together.

A Bond film where Bond has to team up with a girl, and I don't mean FYEO or QoS team up, but where the majority of screen time is shared while on a quest to stop the villain, especially between Bond and a genuine lover, would be a fascinating take on the formula.
    I'm quite curious to know whether Seydoux is signed for multiple movies. If she isn't, then Craig won't return for Bond 25 either.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's ridiculous. So you're saying if Seydoux isn't returning Craig is definitely not returning after SP? Rubbish.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. So you're saying if Seydoux isn't returning Craig is definitely not returning after SP? Rubbish.
    Considering the ending of Spectre, I don't see how Craig could return without Seydoux.
    Panch in all honesty when will you realize Craig is coming back for bond 25 I mean are you waiting for the teaser trailer lol
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Panch in all honesty when will you realize Craig is coming back for bond 25 I mean are you waiting for the teaser trailer lol
    I'm not saying he definitely won't be back. I'm saying I can easily see it happening.
    Mate, for months you've been declaring outright that SP will be Craig's last. I can't wait for you to find out that he'll be back for Bond 25.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mate, for months you've been declaring outright that SP will be Craig's last. I can't wait for you to find out that he'll be back for Bond 25.
    Me too. :D
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,619
    I am not 100% sure he won't be back. On the other hand you do seem absolutely sure that he will return. How would you react if he didn't return at the end? By the way, I don't believe that I have ever declared that Spectre is definitely Craig's last Bond film. All I have been saying for months is that everything about the movie makes me believe this is the end of his era.
    How would I react? You'll never get to find out because like you said I'm very sure, in fact certain that Craig will return. B-)
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Well, given that the last known changes look a lot like "Hm, let's keep the door open, finally", I think no one is sure, producers included.

That's why when someone came in the leaks thread and reported that someone close to the production told him "First, they decided it was Craig's last, then they had a change of mind, then Craig got injured and now it looks like it'll be the last mostly for this reason", it sounded quite true IMO (also because of all the context he reported)... Even though many thought it was just an hoax.

So we may have Bond 25 with Craig in a less physically demanding shooting who knows ? As for Seydoux not returning, I don't see this as a problem. She could even return for a cameo only, or the role be re-cast, or be totally forgotten or only mentioned by someone else.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,586
    How serious could this injury have been? Still not convinced.
    About as serious as mermaids and loch Ness monsters.
    Lea Seydoux had to cancel all her promotion tour for a movie because of all the schedule changes because of the injury. Nothing serious really ?

Don't forget that any minor injury means a lot when you have to be super fit for the role for the next movie. You don't keep that low fat with no effort.
    The next film is 2 to 3 years away. What ever injuries Craig sustained and yet was able to complete filming on time for SP is of no real concern by the time Bond 25 comes around.
    This is the opposite IMO : with an injury, you can continue a shooting if you're fit, and movie magic and stuntmen are here to help you. But to stay fit over 2/3 years, you really don't want to have a single little pain anywhere during the workouts...
    Well from now until Bond 25, Craig can allow his body to rest and recuperate...without letting himself go the way of Moby Dick. When he's needed to do prep work he'll be ready. It's no biggie.
  • Death to Spies (2017)
    Following the events of 'Spectre'?
    (Oberhauser tasks Irma Bunt with taking out a list of secret service agents.) After a failed attempt on 007's life, results in the death of Madeleine Swann. James Bond and mi6 are on the hunt for who is behind these assasinations.

Includes a Silence of the Lambs like scene between Bond and Oberhauser. Ends with Bunt freeing Oberhauser/Blofeld, but 007 kills her in the process and gets his revenge for Swann.

Cast:
    James Bond: DC
    Irma Bunt: Tilda Swinton
    Anna Arquette: Charlotte Le Bon
    Hinx: Dave Bautista
    Oberhauser: Christoph Waltz
    Madeleine Swann: Lea Seydoux
    Felix Leiter: Jeffrey Wright
    Minister of Defence: Charles Dance
    Q,M,Moneypenny, Tanner: Same as Spectre
This discussion has been closed.