SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,496
    Am I the only who thought the line "I wasb taking some overdue holiday" was out of place? The trailer is set up seriously and Bond makes a very unprofessional comment, which isn't delivered by Craig all that well. Hope they cut that out of the final cut.

I actually liked the "overdue holiday" line, though I'm not too keen on his delivery of it.

When I first watched the trailer my mind immediately connected that line back to the conversation Bond had with Mallory in M's office in 'Skyfall', when Mallory says "go and live quietly somewhere".

I think an "overdue holiday" is as a close as Bond will ever get to going off and living quietly somewhere.

Bounine wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    Am I the only who thought the line "I wasb taking some overdue holiday" was out of place? The trailer is set up seriously and Bond makes a very unprofessional comment, which isn't delivered by Craig all that well. Hope they cut that out of the final cut.
    Assuming that bit with M wasn't deceptively edited then I agree in not liking that line very much.

@dominicgreene

"Am I the only who thought the line "I wasb taking some overdue holiday" was out of place? The trailer is set up seriously and Bond makes a very unprofessional comment, which isn't delivered by Craig all that well. Hope they cut that out of the final cut."

I very much agree. It's childish and unprofessional and doesn't sit right. Sounds like Purvis and Wade. Even Moore didn't do this with M. The DAF and SF banter between M and Bond mentioned above are not the same examples as the "overdue holiday" line.

Well, I very much disagree. See my post on page 709 :-). Just look at the trailer reactions. Most people started laughing when he uttered that line.

I don't even think it's funny. Still, with Bond films you can't expect there not to be the odd lame one liner as that would be hoping for way too much. One just has to try and overlook these things.

What I find weird is that the Aston has gadgets yet Q said to Bond in Skyfall that they don't go in for things like exploding pens anymore.

Since when is a slight joke THE rule to not have any gadgets anymore? I find that rather preposterous. Actually in SF Bond gets his first two proper gadgets: A signature gun with palmreader and a small radio. It all reminds me a lot of FRWL, where Bond gets a nice attache case. It's not a big overblown gadget. It's deliberately kept small.

And now, in SP, can we finally have a bigger gadget? Similar to how GF followed up FRWL? On top of that, there's a nice detail about the installed gadgets. They seem to be in some kind of...test-phase. The buttons look rather clumsy on that modern leather dashboard. So even during the film, the gadgets are still in development:

yQfOvi.jpg
    RP6Gsy.jpg

I can only say this: The Craig films have re-introduced every, yes EVERY, Bond aspect in such a refined, nuanced way over the course of 9 years and four films. From 007 to trivial things such as gadgets. It's unprecedented in Bond history really.
    I think, at this point, we should concentrate on any other line of dialog in the trailer and pick it apart mercilessly. Equal opportunity and all. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Agreed! M's, "you had no authority" line clearly sounds like Fiennes is phoning it in. The man is clearly bored.

;)
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    Some of the dialogue is going to sound odd. Most of the lines seem to be out of order and the scenes aren't edited finely so we can't judge anything like this until we actually see the film.

Analyzing things like this are pointless at this point.
  • Who's the guy reflected in the rearviewmirror ?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Matt Damon
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 40,471
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Matt Damon

Confirmed. I was the one in the backseat who filmed that shot, too.

@MadeleineSwann, which is funny, because I loved a LOT of the line delivery in the SF trailers, and then most of it was changed in the final film, and I didn't care for how they were delivered, so let's hope it is an opposite story this time around. If anything, I'm sure a lot of it does sound awkward or out of character because of the trailer editing.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Matt Damon

Confirmed. I was the one in the backseat who filmed that shot, too.

@MadeleineSwann, which is funny, because I loved a LOT of the line delivery in the SF trailers, and then most of it was changed in the final film, and I didn't care for how they were delivered, so let's hope it is an opposite story this time around. If anything, I'm sure a lot of it does sound awkward or out of character because of the trailer editing.

YES! Silva's "Mommy.. was.. very.. bad." In the trailer was so much better than the delivery in the film. I remember being not taken, but thrown out of the film when I heard it in the theater. I immediately knew they had changed it. Perhaps because I watched the trailer a million times, but still - pick the best and stick with it the whole way through!
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 10
    Matt Damon

Surely it looks like it's him
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, that was my biggest complaint when it came to the dialogue in the trailer versus the film: in the trailer, that exact line is said slowly and in a very menacing way, but in the film, he blurts it out quickly and doesn't sound threatening in the slightest. Also, Patrice's CGI fall really killed it for me when I saw the movie for the first time, considering how great the realistic shot looked in the trailers. Still can't understand why they didn't go with that.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 2,598
    I just typed up something and then when I hit submit all this other rubbish appeared and not what I typed. Will have to come back later on and re type everything in this box. I don't have time now.
    Gotta do some damage control on behalf of EON/Sony for Variety's screwup of using @Ytterbium's art and proclaiming it as official :D

(Michael/Barbara, I'm free for hire ;) )
    Ah, I didn't see it. Not that I complain, but I wouldn't say no to a free ticket to SPECTRE Première as royalties.
    Thanks !
    This is a really fascinating article from 007 Magazine:
    http://www.007magazine.co.uk/bond24/secrets_of_spectre.htm

However, do be warned there are SPOILERS, it goes through the content of the Sony email leak, but in a systematic and journalistic fashion.

It's interesting to note that an early title mooted for 'Spectre' was 'The Death Collector', a reference to Fleming's YOLT.

Also revealing are Sony's projections for the film: $500m internationally and $200m domestically. They are some rather conservatives estimates, but I recall that before SF's release Sony predicted the film would do $800m, and that's considering the obscene amount of hype it had. I imagine they are lowballing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh man that would have been an awesome title...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Perhaps because there was a movie of the same title from 1976?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Would have been awesome indeed, but I feel like we had too many titles with "die" already.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I thought the "over due Holiday" line was well delivered. The only line in the trailer I didn't like was the delivery by Mr White of "he's everywhere". Hopefully for the finished film they will use a different take.

I totally agree... Great line and great delivery from Craig. White lost brownie points and sounds more like the crazy old man up the street.

I think that is only half the line. There seemed to be something else he is about to say that was cut. This is why the delivery may seem off.
    Isn't the death colorctor a chapter title of you only live twice. Interesting that chapter titles are being considered these days.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 2,015
    However, do be warned there are SPOILERS, it goes through the content of the Sony email leak, but in a systematic and journalistic fashion.

And in a "reading far too much in it" fashion too. Sometimes he writes that the Sony executives pondered about something in order to do something, as if it was a long mail exchange, while the basis is actually a SMS by a single person written in the tone of a joke.

And the chronology is a bit weird IMO. This I can say, for the rest I didn't read "everything" in the leaks it seems, I for instance didn't read about "The Death Collector". His source is possibly outside the leaks for that ?

• RC7RC7
    I prefer The Death Collector over Spectre.
    Matt Damon

Geez, it really does! First thing to go through my mind was THE 15 YEARS LATER AFFAIR, the UNCLE TV movie from the early 80s, which has Lazenby in an Aston 'saving' Solo from baddies.

Don't imagine SPECTRE is going to go THERE, though. It's going to have enough trouble shoving its grand unified history of reboot Bond past any discerning audience members left. Movie franchise-wise, I'm detecting AP3 with painfully injected doses of LW2 and ST5, a combination that just does not add up for me.

RC7 wrote: »

So do I.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Walecs wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

So do I.

Agreed. I much prefer it over Spectre :(

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At least it rhymes.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    trevanian wrote: »
    Matt Damon

Geez, it really does! First thing to go through my mind was THE 15 YEARS LATER AFFAIR, the UNCLE TV movie from the early 80s, which has Lazenby in an Aston 'saving' Solo from baddies.

Don't imagine SPECTRE is going to go THERE, though. It's going to have enough trouble shoving its grand unified history of reboot Bond past any discerning audience members left. Movie franchise-wise, I'm detecting AP3 with painfully injected doses of LW2 and ST5, a combination that just does not add up for me.

IMHO wth r u saying? What does ST5 AP3 stand for? And its not Matt Damen seriously lol
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Isn't the death colorctor a chapter title of you only live twice. Interesting that chapter titles are being considered these days.

Not surprising though. And I'm glad if they do because some of the chapters titles are absolutely brilliant and very usable.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Ironically, SPECTRE is a chapter title too, in Thunderball.
  • "The Death Collector" is a good title but i think SPECTRE is fine this time around.
    If Bond 25 will be a sequel to SPECTRE and Blofeld returns to the series, i wouldn't mind if they use it for the next movie instead of another one word uninspired title like "Blofeld" or else.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Have they ever reused previously discarded titles before?