SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

please no, please no,....
    Whoever it winds up being I will listen to the song before I make up my mind but I would prefer Radio Head (also rumored today) over Ellie Goulding.
    Sark wrote: »
    trevanian wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Matt Damon

Surely it looks like it's him

Geez, it really does! First thing to go through my mind was THE 15 YEARS LATER AFFAIR, the UNCLE TV movie from the early 80s, which has Lazenby in an Aston 'saving' Solo from baddies.

Don't imagine SPECTRE is going to go THERE, though. It's going to have enough trouble shoving its grand unified history of reboot Bond past any discerning audience members left. Movie franchise-wise, I'm detecting AP3 with painfully injected doses of LW2 and ST5, a combination that just does not add up for me.

IMHO wth r u saying? What does ST5 AP3 stand for? And its not Matt Damen seriously lol
    Franchises:
    AP-AUSTIN POWERS
    ST-STAR TREK
    LW-LETHAL WEAPON
    McD McDonald's

I've no idea why people on a James Bond forum would be expected to know what those acronyms are.

Most general filmgoers are aware of franchise movies, and I can't imagine anybody I know NOT recognizing those letters when referencing movie series, which the numbers are indicative of.

Christ, STAR TREK is as much a pop culture thing as Bond, and nearly as long-lived. Its 21st century incarnations are just as much a mess as 21stcentury Bond has been, too.

We're not talking an obscure Fleming short story title. It's not like I just went to trekbbs and expected them to recognize RISCIO or know what title is represented with TPOAL.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Sark wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Matt Damon

Surely it looks like it's him

Geez, it really does! First thing to go through my mind was THE 15 YEARS LATER AFFAIR, the UNCLE TV movie from the early 80s, which has Lazenby in an Aston 'saving' Solo from baddies.

Don't imagine SPECTRE is going to go THERE, though. It's going to have enough trouble shoving its grand unified history of reboot Bond past any discerning audience members left. Movie franchise-wise, I'm detecting AP3 with painfully injected doses of LW2 and ST5, a combination that just does not add up for me.

IMHO wth r u saying? What does ST5 AP3 stand for? And its not Matt Damen seriously lol
    Franchises:
    AP-AUSTIN POWERS
    ST-STAR TREK
    LW-LETHAL WEAPON
    McD McDonald's

I've no idea why people on a James Bond forum would be expected to know what those acronyms are.

Most general filmgoers are aware of franchise movies, and I can't imagine anybody I know NOT recognizing those letters when referencing movie series, which the numbers are indicative of.

Christ, STAR TREK is as much a pop culture thing as Bond, and nearly as long-lived. Its 21st century incarnations are just as much a mess as 21stcentury Bond has been, too.

We're not talking an obscure Fleming short story title. It's not like I just went to trekbbs and expected them to recognize RISCIO or know what title is represented with TPOAL.

Well we didn't ..try this one.. MM or this one.. PP.
    Well, regarding the theme song (still technically on topic, right?) - I would at least prefer to have someone that I've heard of and whose music I can like when it's good. I had never heard of Chris whatever-his-name-was who did You Know My Name - and the only reason the song gets stuck in my head was that David Arnold made some decent cues from it.

A "wait and see" with Ellie Goulding I think.

Well, your imagination probably needs an update then, as quite a few general film goers here did not recognize the acronyms. Maybe you can make that point with Star Trek (though I doubt it on a Bond forum, where many people won't care for it), but Austin Powers and Lethal Weapon are neither as big or well-known nor (most importantly) as current. I haven't thought about any of those films in at least ten years, and I imagine that's true for many people. Hell, the younger fans won't even have seen them.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Stay on topic, people.
    whats star trek?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You know? Back in 2002 when Die Another Day came out, they released a set of action figures of almost every character from the franchise. Now, I would have loved to see a newer, improved and updated set of new figures released. Imagine the Daniel Craig action figure with the turtleneck and the dark charcoal trousers. It would definitely be standing next to my books in my own study.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    You know? Back in 2002 when Die Another Day came out, they released a set of action figures of almost every character from the franchise. Now, I would have loved to see a newer, improved and updated set of new figures released. Imagine the Daniel Craig action figure with the turtleneck and the dark charcoal trousers. It would definitely be standing next to my books in my own study.

I agree. I did email Sideshow Collectables a while back and they had no plans to do any Craig era ones. There is a really good (although unofficial) Craig one that you can buy which is very high quality.
    Mallory wrote: »

I agree. I did email Sideshow Collectables a while back and they had no plans to do any Craig era ones. There is a really good (although unofficial) Craig one that you can buy which is very high quality.
    Is it going to cost me or the price is fair to deal with?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Check this one out from "Dragon In Dream"…probably not cheap.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Thank you, sir! :D

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...
    Thank you, sir! :D

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...

Brosnan is simply too old for Monica Bellucci.
    Please stay on topic.
    roko wrote: »

Well, your imagination probably needs an update then, as quite a few general film goers here did not recognize the acronyms. Maybe you can make that point with Star Trek (though I doubt it on a Bond forum, where many people won't care for it), but Austin Powers and Lethal Weapon are neither as big or well-known nor (most importantly) as current. I haven't thought about any of those films in at least ten years, and I imagine that's true for many people. Hell, the younger fans won't even have seen them.

My imagination and sense of wonder are both quite intact, thank you, this speaks more to issues with the folks who DIDN'T get the references. Pop culture devotees here who only dip their toe in the 007 end of the pool, I guess?

But if you really think young viewers haven't seen these things ... (eye-roll/shrug), I gotta wonder why none of these folks have televisions or computers, since it'd be hard to miss them given how much these things circulate.

Ludovico wrote: »

Brosnan is ten years older than the current M!
  • Not sure if it's production related but:

Sam Mendes is having a party this Saturday for his 50th birthday in a "top secret" location. The guest list is a closely guarded secret, but it is rumoured that Craig and his wife Rachel Weisz will attend as well as other members of the 'Spectre' cast.

A source told the Daily Mail newspaper: ''Only the guests know where it will be held. Sam has joked that his main aim is not to get so tipsy that he unwittingly reveals plot details for the new Bond film.'' LOL! :))

contactmusic.com/james-bond/news/sam-mendes-top-secret-party_4846734
    Not sure if it's production related but:

Sam Mendes is having a party this Saturday for his 50th birthday in a "top secret" location. The guest list is a closely guarded secret, but it is rumoured that Craig and his wife Rachel Weisz will attend as well as other members of the 'Spectre' cast.

A source told the Daily Mail newspaper: ''Only the guests know where it will be held. Sam has joked that his main aim is not to get so tipsy that he unwittingly reveals plot details for the new Bond film.'' LOL! :))

contactmusic.com/james-bond/news/sam-mendes-top-secret-party_4846734

What if it's Spectre-themed and thus full of spoilers? I hope someone posts a few secret snapshots of it.

@trevanian: yeah right.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    dinovelvet wrote: »

What if Brosnan were to play M? :p
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Not to mention 32 years older than Seydoux.
    use to love brosnan, before DC came on board, but he is a one trick pony. glad he is out of the franchise. i think the producers realized this during DAD, that is why they let him go. he had nothing to offer bond after TWINE. I got tired of his weired facial experissions and strained acting! if you can call it that!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Chris Corbould finished his work on SP yesterday, according to his tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Finished on Spectre yesterday, what an amazing journey! So excited to see it!</p>— Chris Corbould OBE (@Chriscorbould1) <a href=" July 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And some people thought he should come back.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,157

And some people thought he should come back.

He could come back...

...as M. :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hopefully he'll be back as Devereaux. ;)
    Thank you, Sandy. Finally someone is putting this thread back on the rails.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Still love Brosnan's Bond, but that is NOT on topic here. Please keep on with SPECTRE production info. :)

Chris Corbould is very much on topic, but I cannot remember what area he is involved in for SPECTRE. Somebody fill me in, please. @Sandy?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    vfx supervisor.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    thanks, @jake24. :)