"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,629
    Guess the British defenders didn't realize they weren't suppose to kick the ball in their own net in extra time. Tough way to be eliminated.

Rematch of 2011. May the US avenge Japan.
    I've got nothing against Japan, and I wish them the very best, but at the same time it was kind of heartbraking to see England go in such a fashion. Football can be very cruel sometimes... But I am sure the poor girl will recover from it.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Awful way for England to go out. Feel for Laura Bassett, but I'm sure she and the lionesses will be back again. They have made a great showing at the world cup; its just a shame that the England men's team don't show the same sort of passion at major competitions.
    Sad to see England go out like that. You did the country proud though!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,629
    Cari Lloyd scores 2 goals within the first five minutes. USA! USA!

Holiday 14th minute followed up by Lyod's hat trick from mid field.
  • RC7RC7
    Kerim wrote: »
    Cari Lloyd scores 2 goals within the first five minutes. USA! USA!

I hope that's sarcasm.
    Uh, no.
    Congrats to the USA ladies on their World Cup win! =D>
    I didn't see the Ranieri appointment coming?
    Since i'm a Panathinaikos fan i'd like to hear your opinions about Michael Essien you Chelsea fans (and not only)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    This perfectly sums up how I feel about "the Football":

:))
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Hey cool a footie thread \:D/

Any football players around here? I used to be a professional football player (retired in 2010) played in Bournemouth and mostly in Switzerland. I'm not really famous though :P
    but get recognised every now and then where I live.
    I'm still working part time in my club :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    When did you play for Bournemouth? I grew up in that area of the world. Many of my friends are Bournemouth fans.
    Well 4 points from 4 games in the Premier league is a decent return i guess!!! 8-}
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Benny wrote: »
    When did you play for Bournemouth? I grew up in that area of the world. Many of my friends are Bournemouth fans.

I used to live in Bournemouth, Southbourne to be exact from 1984-1993 as half of my family is British. Before that from birth to age 9 in Switzerland.
    I was playing in the youth team for Bournemouth (1984 to 1993)
    I went back to Switzerland in 1993 and then played in Swiss clubs until my retirement.

Your friends surely are having a good time right now, I'm planning to visit a couple of the home games this season, after all this is the chance of a lifetime, who knows how long this high will last :\">
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,329
    Seems England will have a view to kill for during the euros.http://www.skysports.com/share/9982593
    Forgot they were playing tonight! I-)
    Switzerland zero (my Swiss half is crying)
    England two (my British half is having a pint and celebrating)
    Just wanted to say nice one to my Norwich boys for a very important win even though we are only 5 games in. These are the games that are must win if you are to survive in the Premier League!
    I'm a Liverpool supporter and have to say that I can't see them getting anywhere near Europe come the end of this season. Looking very poor at the minute and don't seem to have a "Plan B" when things are not going well. When it comes to tactics then, obviously, you have to look at the manager. I have been a supporter of Brendan Rodgers since he arrived as I thought of him as a very good up and coming manager, however, things have taken a downward spiral and, if thins don't change for the better, then I think the owners will look at that and make a change.

Manchester City - fair play to them, they are looking very strong and must be hot favourites for the title.

Great to see Leicester doing so well, Ranieri was bashed when taking over and people spoke of them as relegation candidate; how wrong were they? Playing very well from what I've seen and what a fantastic comeback vs Aston Villa.

As for Chelsea, well, they are a team I really can't bring myself to like and their start has been nothing short of shocking. Mourinho found out?? Guess we'll see but, 11 points behind City already should surely have them out of the running for the title?
    Having played in Bournemouth (a looooooooong time ago :P ) I'm naturally very excited for this season.
    I'm going to visit several games, I just have to, even if it costs me a ton of money.
    And they are even (still) ahead of Chelsea in the table :))
    I just hope they can play a second season in the premier league.
    Having played in Bournemouth (a looooooooong time ago :P ) I'm naturally very excited for this season.
    I'm going to visit several games, I just have to, even if it costs me a ton of money.
    And they are even (still) ahead of Chelsea in the table :))
    I just hope they can play a second season in the premier league.

I'd like to see Bournemouth stay up too. Eddie how is a very good, young manager and has his team playing football they way it should be. Fingers crossed they'll stay up.

• RC7RC7
    Great win on Saturday and hilarious reading all the butt-hurt scouse comments about Martin Tyler.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 7,500
    Pretty much the only thing that delights more in the world of football than a Chelski in crisis and the Vhiny One in despair, is a late comeback vin at the Vicente Calderon which might play a crucial role in our quest for the Liga title! Perfect football weekend \m/
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 7,500
    Nice to see status quo maintained with England ruling in Europe as usual! :))

Best league in the world no doubt. They demonstrate it every year!
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    Nice to see status quo maintained with England ruling in Europe as usual! :))

He's back, right on cue.
    Thank heavens Norwich don't have these worries!!! 8-}
    Well chuffed with a point away at Anfield against Liverpool today. I wasn't dreading this fixture as much today as their is no Suarez! :)) He always loved playing against us! X_X
    What on earth is going on at Newcastle? I know Premier League teams field weaker sides in this competition which i have never liked. But to be beaten by Sheffield Wednesdays 2nd team surely is tough to take.

As i understand Jurgen Klopp is going to the Liverpool v Villa match this weekend? With this Carlisle game now in extra time is Rodgers on his way?
  • RC7RC7
    North East football is going down the toilet. If Boro don't get promotion this season it's going to be a bleak 16-17 season for the region I imagine.