Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

Either way it's not going to be a song I love...
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,263
    Is Sam Smith really a big star? Never even heard of him before I read about him here.
    His songs play repeatedly on American radio stations. I'm not certain if that success has carried over to other global markets, but he is definitely the flavor of the year.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    And yet he sounds like what an earwax flavoured Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean tastes like.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Smith definitely has a unique sound that makes him stand out. I don't think he will have staying power in the billboard charts, but right now he is on top of his game.

He definitely isn't one of my favorites that I would hope to sing the tune, but since my preferences don't have much of a chance, I see the value in having a guy like him perform it because it will bolster the film's popular performance.

For me, if they are going to go with a ballad style male vocalist, I'd like to see someone of the likes of Bono or Groban perform.

There seems to be little consensus in this thread as to who everyone wants. Arctic Monkeys seem to have a following here. I personally wouldn't mind them performing it because they could stylistically blend into the Bond genre, but I don't particularly care for them.
    After all this I will laugh if it is neither of them!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Oh those rumours...that ole Adele will belt out the Spectre song, that I'm sure of...as long as they don't announce a different singer
    This is getting ridiculous! Why the heck doesn't Eon just announce it now?

???

I don't get it. It's the same with EVERY Bond film.
    The titel song and its singer is announced in September/October - not before.

Why should they change that when they never announed it earlier?
    We fans should know that it works this way, but everytime a new Bond film is coming out everyone starts asking "When will they announce the singer?"

Why should they announce it now?
    This should be big news in October, not now.
    Marketing is about creating the hype when the product is released not 3 to 4 months before.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous! Why the heck doesn't Eon just announce it now?

???

I don't get it. It's the same with EVERY Bond film.
    The titel song and its singer is announced in September/October - not before.

Why should they change that when they never announed it earlier?
    We fans should know that it works this way, but everytime a new Bond film is coming out everyone starts asking "When will they announce the singer?"

Why should they announce it now?
    This should be big news in October, not now.
    Marketing is about creating the hype when the product is released not 3 to 4 months before.

I know that, but I just get so anxious to find out who it is, but I suppose that's the goal.
    Well, after Sam Smith and this 50 Shades of Grey lady I didn't know before, what can we expect? Justin Bieber?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 503
    Rossi wrote: »
    Well, after Sam Smith and this 50 Shades of Grey lady I didn't know before, what can we expect? Justin Bieber?
    I'd rather Sam smith or Ellie Goulding than Justin f*cking bieber, that talentless little **** shouldn't be aloud anywhere near Bond.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,756
    Why the hell are people so pessimistic about these singers for Bond? You guys don't even know what they're capable of and you're already whining like children.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Why the hell are people so pessimistic about these singers for Bond? You guys don't even know what they're capable of and you're already whining like children.

Bieber shouldn't even be allowed in the theatre ...much less anywhere close to the production ....or humanity.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,138
    rumour going round the corridors of the BBC that it is the reformed Blur, if true they are very capable

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been 8 posts since the obligatory mention of the Arctic Monkeys and how nobody else's suggestions are any good. If we're going to find a rhythm here, we have to stick to it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Can you spell The Rolling Stones, that would be a coup of gigantic proportions!
    No David Gilmour!!!

He even has a solo album coming out around the time of Spectre's release.
    rumour going round the corridors of the BBC that it is the reformed Blur, if true they are very capable

I don't even need to listen to them to know they aren't doing it. If I haven't heard of them, it's not them. :P
    writer5150 wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, it's been 8 posts since the obligatory mention of the Arctic Monkeys and how nobody else's suggestions are any good. If we're going to find a rhythm here, we have to stick to it.

I don't understand why people like the Arctic Monkeys. The main singer sounds like a high muppet and they're too indie.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

I don't even need to listen to them to know they aren't doing it. If I haven't heard of them, it's not them. :P

Yea I kinda have to agree ...pick a popular sucky Sony artist and I might believe you ...
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Blur would be awful for Bond. Too indie.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't understand why people like the Arctic Monkeys. The main singer sounds like a high muppet and they're too indie.

I love Alex Turner's voice and he's a brilliantly inventive lyricist. Having said that I'm roughly the same age, from roughly the same background and grew up in a Northern English town, so maybe he resonates more with me for that reason.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    RC7 wrote: »

I love Alex Turner's voice and he's a brilliantly inventive lyricist. Having said that I'm roughly the same age, from roughly the same background and grew up in a Northern English town, so maybe he resonates more with me for that reason.

Maybe you are him. :P I would love if the Monkeys did it. They did an awesome DAF cover in Glastonbury 2007.

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Maybe you are him. :P

Ha ha, not quite. My only connection would be that my best mate went to school with him.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Muddyw wrote: »
    what is it? (Cit)

• RC7RC7
    what is it? (Cit)

Just something made by someone who has nothing better to do with their time.
    what is it? (Cit)

I don't really know, it was tweeted 3 hours ago by Dutch Bondblog.nl. I think it's fake, not by Bondblog, but the original youtube post. I cannot recall any Bondsong being leaked months before the premiere.

What about Paul Epworth? Will he return?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,138

OH MY GOD Where we're you in the 90's Blur and Oasis were Brit pop. I'm honestly shocked you don't know who Blur are its almost like saying you haven't heard of the Kinks.

Have you never heard this

Or Song 2?????

OH MY GOD Where we're you in the 90's Blur and Oasis were Brit pop. I'm honestly shocked you don't know who Blur are its almost like saying you haven't heard of the Kinks.

Have you never heard this

Or Song 2?????

Mate, I was born in 1996. :P I don't know that song nor the Kinks