SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

The Mexican building supposed to collapse?
    shamelord wrote: »
    The Mexican building supposed to collapse?
    I agree.

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Principal photography over?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I think it's the Mexican building too
    Since they only seem to have dressed what looks to be a staircase and the roof, I'm going to assume it is the building set to be destroyed in PTS in Mexico, or perhaps the building Bond shoots from (which may be the same building).

We saw Bond shooting on a rooftop, which the crew had dressed with false structures that Craig exited out of with the gun (he then strolls along side the roof) - so I'm thinking this is a set to finish out that section of the PTS. (I also don't know how old this construction is).

base_image.jpg

spectre-image-daniel-craig.jpg

When they created the Skyfall lodge as a set piece, they did far more dressing to the construction to make it a convincing house, so I don't think this is the Morocco HQ or the new MI6 building, but rather just a stand-in for something in Mexico.

skyfall_lodge_02.jpg
  • I think if the right structure it's there only to support the upper one this could very well be the Westminster bridge set with the road on top but i doubt it since it would be more practical for them to build it on the ground.
    There's no left structure but maybe they're still building it, then this could be the inners of Morocco's hideout, of the old MI6 building in the finale or, as mentioned above, of the Mexican building in the PTS.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    It could be not finished
    It could be not finished

Considering filming is supposed to wrap this month, I think this photo is of older construction. I doubt they would still have unfinished set pieces with 12 days of June left.
    I think if the right structure it's there only to support the upper one this could very well be the Westminster bridge set with the road on top but i doubt it since it would be more practical for them to build it on the ground.
    There's no left structure but maybe they're still building it, then this could be the inners of Morocco's hideout, of the old MI6 building in the finale or, as mentioned above, of the Mexican building in the PTS.

There are five possibilites - the Bridge set, the new MI6 HQ, the old MI6 HQ, the Mexico setting, or the Morocco base.

It's not the bridge set because they would build it on the ground, and I see no point why they would need to raise it.

It's probably not the new MI6 HQ because the only scene we know they shot for the new building was a meeting - which may not have been at the new HQ but maybe was - and they used London City Hall for that.

It's probably not the old MI6 HQ because they seem to have shot underground at a location with water access (hence the boat clapperboard pictures and scene in the TV spot).

It's probably not the Morocco set because they're filming at a very flat looking location in Morocco, as evidenced by that recent Twitter photo detailing a black helicopter. It looks to be more of a walled-in flat-looking castle structure - this is very vertical.

It's most likely the Mexico rooftop because it is designed very vertical. We know Bond goes up to the roof to shoot somebody, and then he has to get down to the ground after the explosion - hence the staircase. This structure doesn't look to be designed to mimic a building's exterior as they haven't dressed anything but the vertical tunnel to the right of the image and the top - hence rooftop and staircase. Looking at the needs of the scenes we know, I think this is most likely the Mexico building (that doesn't blow up).
    @JWESTBROOK Love your thoughts! :)
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 5,745
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @JWESTBROOK Love your thoughts! :)

Thanks. My order of possibility:

1: Mexico rooftop
    2. Old MI6 HQ
    3. New MI6 HQ
    4. Morocco
    5. Unknown
    6. Bridge
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 108
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

It's probably not the old MI6 HQ because they seem to have shot underground at a location with water access (hence the boat clapperboard pictures and scene in the TV spot).

When I read the script, the basement with the water and the boats seems like a different set to the vast bombed out shell above, with the inside described like a broken doll's house.
    @Comte_de_Bleuville Nice recall. I'm sure the whole set for the finale at the bombed MI6 HQ has been built on a soundstage(s)
  • There is the whole thing of Bond and Swann jumping through the bombed out floors and into that net too, that might require more hight.
    There is the whole thing of Bond and Swann jumping through the bombed out floors and into that net too, that might require more hight.

@Comte_de_Bleuville Exactly, that would require a much higher height. As it says in the script: On a high floor, Bond arrives on the 12th floor. M’s old office.
    The floor structure has been almost completely blown away. ONE STRIP of floor remains, which runs almost like a bridge towards he area in front of the curved window facing the Thames. Huge drops on either side.

12th floor that is much higher than this set photo they released.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 5,745
    There is the whole thing of Bond and Swann jumping through the bombed out floors and into that net too, that might require more hight.

Hence why it is second on my order of possibility. But looking at how the built half a set on top of the real Mexico building they used for filming, this structure seems to complete it and they will mash them in post. (See images on my first post)
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Henry why it is second on my order of possibility. But looking at how the built half a set on top of the real Mexico building they used for filming, this structure seems to complete it and they will mash them in post. (See images on my first post)

Agreed. This is certainly a possibility.
    I'm a bit suspicious however as to when the photo was taken. A lot of work could have been done on this set since.

Henry why it is second on my order of possibility. But looking at how the built half a set on top of the real Mexico building they used for filming, this structure seems to complete it and they will mash them in post. (See images on my first post)

I'm a bit suspicious however as to when the photo was taken. A lot of work could have been done on this set since.

@Comte_de_Bleuville
    @JWESTBROOK

I'm sure the photo was taken months ago when Alessandro Cremona was on set at Pinewood and even before that when the set was on construction. If i recall he was on set in April/May so this photo could have even been taken April

@Comte_de_Bleuville
    @JWESTBROOK

I'm sure the photo was taken months ago when Alessandro Cremona was on set at Pinewood and even before that when the set was on construction. If i recall he was on set in April/May so this photo could have even been taken April

@aaron819
    @Comte_de_Bleuville

That seems the most likely.

And the great part? If they pull all this off properly in the film we will never figure it out!

@Comte_de_Bleuville
    @JWESTBROOK

@aaron819
    @Comte_de_Bleuville

That seems the most likely.

And the great part? If they pull all this off properly in the film we will never figure it out!

@JWESTBROOK We'll se BTS footage and we'll see Greg William's Bond on Set Book.
  • Principal photography over?

Not yet.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 161
    I remember in CR they used a miniature for the building collapse in Venice meanwhile the fighting scenes were shot on stage. It worked out very well.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 4,622

Hence why it is second on my order of possibility. But looking at how the built half a set on top of the real Mexico building they used for filming, this structure seems to complete it and they will mash them in post. (See images on my first post)
    Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting for us.
    I was torn between between old mi6 building and Mexico, but you have me convinced this structure does tie with the Mexico building.

I can confirm from a reliable source this is the Mexico building that is blown up.
    I've just phoned my friend/source from Pinewood and he told me the following things:

1. This construction set photo we saw today is indeed the Mexico building was used for filming 2 months ago and in this photo it was in the process of building, the structure is not even there anymore he told me. He also told me that he was present at the time of filming. Actually he sneaked onto the set because there were a lot of people there so they didn't even notice him. He told me what he saw, and it exactly matches the script. He also told me that the other Mexico scenes were filmed in the studio (Marco Sciarra in his room and Bond and Estrella in hotel room and the helicopter fight)

2. Today they were filming London finale scenes with Christoph Waltz, Lea Seydoux and Daniel Craig. They don't have an exact time frame my friend told me for finishing the filming, they want to make this London finale EPIC!

3. After finishing up in Pinewood in about 10 days they will be heading down to Morocco where they will wrap up shooting.

4. He also told me that they are currently building the MI6 bombed HQ miniature at Pinewood to blow up in the next couple of days, that will be combined with the footage they have been filming at the Thames.

If anyone wants anymore questions about the production please don't hesitate to contact me! :)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Thanks @aaron819 for the insider information ;) Do you think there might be some press photos in Morocco? The last on set location.
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Thanks @aaron819 for the insider information ;) Do you think there might be some press photos in Morocco? The last on set location.

@leas_mole I asked him, but he doesn't know. I really doubt it IMO. But let's wait and see. :)
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 4,622
    I've just phoned my friend/source from Pinewood and he told me the following things:

1. This construction set photo we saw today is indeed the Mexico building was used for filming 2 months ago and in this photo it was in the process of building, the structure is not even there anymore he told me. He also told me that he was present at the time of filming. Actually he sneaked onto the set because there were a lot of people there so they didn't even notice him. He told me what he saw, and it exactly matches the script. He also told me that the other Mexico scenes were filmed in the studio (Marco Sciarra in his room and Bond and Estrella in hotel room and the helicopter fight)

2. Today they were filming London finale scenes with Christoph Waltz, Lea Seydoux and Daniel Craig. They don't have an exact time frame my friend told me for finishing the filming, they want to make this London finale EPIC!

3. After finishing up in Pinewood in about 10 days they will be heading down to Morocco where they will wrap up shooting.

4. He also told me that they are currently building the MI6 bombed HQ miniature at Pinewood to blow up in the next couple of days, that will be combined with the footage they have been filming at the Thames.

If anyone wants anymore questions about the production please don't hesitate to contact me! :)
    Or you could just keep typing later till your recollection is exhausted. For us bunch, all info is gold. Nothing is too obscure.

Nice report though!!! Right up to date too.
    That does it. I'm moving to England and getting a job at Pinewood - any job. Then I too can move about the building and watch Bond movies being created.
    :)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    leas_mole wrote: »

@leas_mole I asked him, but he doesn't know. I really doubt it IMO. But let's wait and see. :)
    I hope so as it would be nice to have official photos of Christoph on set. Most of the cast have....well apart from Andrew Scott.
    Or just more photos of Lea on set, and Monica and Steph too but they would be press junket.

Not much talk about this lately but it does seem that Stephanie Sigman was confirmed as Girl with legs in Bond's flat. Seems he brought her along from Mexico.
    I am guessing now that she will not be exposed as a villain by Ernst later.