SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

What is these rumor that scene are Bond flat have been reshoot ? Why some think that ? ? Is 100% true or just a rumor ?
  • It's deduction from photos of clapperboards and so on.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    People who saw the new footage also gave a description. I.e. Bond no longer wearing a housecoat /bathrobe in his flat but instesd he is wearing his suit without the jacket; with his shoulder holster on display.
    Thanks for the responses.

Hum, so in the film, Bond will wear the suit without the jacket/holster unlike the trailer where is wear bathrobe ?
    Apparantly so.
  • Or maybe all this will be decided in the cutting room and no one knows yet :)
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I think people who saw this thing mistook what they were seeing.
    Probably, what they call the new takes, are
    scenes after he has sex with Monica, before leaving for the SPECTRE meeting
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we just hear that Craig has an "open-ended" contract? Didn't we also hear that Lea Seydoux & Christoph Waltz have already been contracted for Bond 25? ESPECIALLY if the second scenario is true, that almost guarantees Craig's return for one more after SPECTRE.
    The clapoerboards were marked as reshoots in the same set as the flat.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 630
    Where are these clapperboards?
    EDIT: the two scenes are near each other.
  • Where are these clapperboards?

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/spectre-clapperboards/
    So what are the thoughts on this:
    DSC_7393.jpg
    We know that the building will collapse, but a mixture of CGI and a model?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Zekidk wrote: »
    DSC_7393.jpg

I believe they are building the miniature now and do the same thing as they did with the SF explosion.
  • What do you think is the approx scale on that "miniature"?
    Even if this is true, it seems obvious to me all this will be denied until the official announcement well after SPECTRE.

I'm not sure about that... It would be great publicity to announce Craig's departure right before the release of SPECTRE, and to advertise the film as "the last James Bond film with Daniel Craig".
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the running time of SPECTRE?
    Zekidk wrote: »
    DSC_7393.jpg

For me, this is one of the most interesting pictures yet. I'm sure there are some incredible sets so far unseen, but what I don't understand about this one is why they built such a large model. Isn't big stuff that gets blown up usually built on a miniatures scale? I remember seeing some small models for the collapsing building in CR. So this thing stumps me.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 5,745
    What do you think is the approx scale on that "miniature"?

@ManInCableCar

Shipping containers are 8ft wide. I'd say it is no more than three shipping containers wide, so ~24ft. Using Google Maps a reddit user determined the actual building to be about 325ft wide, so about 1:36 to 1:40 scale. In TWINE, they built a model that was "50ft high" which is far larger than my estimation for the one pictured above.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Even if this is true, it seems obvious to me all this will be denied until the official announcement well after SPECTRE.

I'm not sure about that... It would be great publicity to announce Craig's departure right before the release of SPECTRE, and to advertise the film as "the last James Bond film with Daniel Craig".

I am pretty sure they did that with Moore for MR's promotional campaign (i.e. that it was his last). He was supposed to leave after that but came back for FYEO.
    Are there posters here who remember what went on when Moore was winding down and the years that Broz was working on his 3rd or 4th Bond? Was there the same speculation in the press going on about replacements, plots etc? I guess the Net is a huge beast that has radically changed the news game as it just instantly creates and transmits endless amounts of garbage, some maybe factual, tons not.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There was a lot of speculation even back then. It started already after TSWLM with reports of Connery being offered loads of money to return. It continued after every film Moore made with different names being thrown in, like Ian Ogilvy and Harrison Ford for instance.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I read an old Time or Newsweek magazine well after the fact that my parents had lying around from 1979. It had a review of MR, and I recall it saying it was Moore's last Bond film. My dad told me that MR was supposed to be his last and everyone thought that when it came out but then he came back for FYEO.

I don't recall much speculation during Brosnan's time - he was the entrenched incumbent and did not express any interest in leaving the role. There was definitely more during Moore's run because I know he played games in the press and was constantly negotiating for more money for each film (since he was a on a film by film deal after TSWLM).
    Where are these clapperboards?

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/spectre-clapperboards/
    I can only see one clapperboard with Bond in his flat, no reshot of him suited
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the running time of SPECTRE?

I want it to be the same length as SF but since there are more locations involved it'll be definetly a tad longer. Let's hope the pace is a tad faster too so that we won't mind.
    SP will and needs to be longer than SF.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,169
    Prepping for shooting at the kasbah in Tangier:
    JamesBondfilm2015-06-19-12:14:50.jpg

"Set for a scene for the new James Bond film"
    L'American - Mr.White's hideout in Tangier

CHo055vWUAAkwQv.jpg

"June 21, 2015. (...) It took us about 4 hours to get to Tangier, and that afternoon we explored the city. Our path was blocked slightly because a James Bond movie was being filmed in part of the medina"
    https://ramblingsofanarabicstudent.wordpress.com/tag/طنجة/
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 4,622
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    smitty wrote: »
    @dmwalker, the problem with push back on this site is one of logic. You just established an account for the single purpose of dropping this big spoiler about Craig that you are claiming came from "not Craig, but someone on that level." Really. How many people are on Craig's level on the Bond film? And that person, on Craig's level, felt fine with telling you this huge confidential and highly impactfull leak without telling you to shut the hell up about it. And now you felt free to immediately run to the Mi6 site, establish an account and immediately spill. You are Mr. Integrity. Either you are a troll, a PR rep for Lewis, or Elba or who ever the hell is gunning for the Bond gig this week, or someone with a beef with Craig or EON or Sony, the list is no doubt very long.

Or, let's say you really did get the skinny from say, good old Naomi (who I think believes she is above Craig's level), she has to know she'd be in deep s... having already floated the phony Elba is in negotiation with EON crap last year (which she is now trying to walk back in the press). If true, EON could not possibly want this info out before the film opens. It undermines potential SP BO, as clearly noted in that LA Times piece I linked to a few days ago about all the new buzz over a Bond replacement.

Something doesn't pass the smell test on your noting your source is "someone on Craig's level." My .02 is that if you are legit, and really did hear this rumor from someone "on Craig's level," you - or they - are being played. But who knows. The count down to SP in Oct. is going to be crazy.

The best summary of my reasoning I couldn't produce. Eloquent @smitty

Get bogged down with work for a few days and crazytown comes to visit. :)
    @dmwalker claims information. Yet he provided no information. Even the rumours we sometimes kick about on these boards, can usually be sourced, and if the source is lame, the discussion tends to have comparable gravitas or lack thereof.
    Our new fly-on-wall provides no source. Classic trolling.
    I think the long form Latin is "Trollus disengenuous" Also the information is of the "rectus pullus out of" variety. :-B

@antovolk....despite the babblings of our oh so sincere visitor, your point is well taken.

Ending ofSP does set up potentially for end of Craig era, as well as a continuation, but I do not think that will be the case.
    Until someone credible says Craig is gone, I think he is good for two more movies ie new riffs on YOLT and TMWTGG.
    Just my thoughts. I have no connections with anyone's Eon dogwalker etc....but if I do, I will be sure to spill 8-}
    Get bogged down with work for a few days and crazytown comes to visit. :)
    @dmwalker claims information. Yet he provided no information. Even the rumours we sometimes kick about on these boards, can usually be sourced, and if the source is lame, the discussion tends to have comparable gravitas or lack thereof.
    Our new fly-on-wall provides no source. Classic trolling.
    I think the long form Latin is "Trollus disengenuous" Also the information is of the "rectus pullus out of" variety. :-B

@antovolk....despite the babblings of our oh so sincere visitor, your point is well taken.

Ending ofSP does set up potentially for end of Craig era, as well as a continuation, but I do not think that will be the case.
    Until someone credible says Craig is gone, I think he is good for two more movies ie new riffs on YOLT and TMWTGG.
    Just my thoughts. I have no connections with anyone's Eon dogwalker etc....but if I do, I will be sure to spill 8-} [/quote]

Well, I didn't want to talk about it, but I DO have connections. My next door neighbor's sister is related to Barbara B's landscaper, and she said that she heard that Craig, Logan and Mendes are all under contract for Bond 25 and that the script is already done. She also heard that Craig, from an original idea by Mendes and Logan, will do part of the film in drag, Kaitlyn Jenner style. He will play Bond and the Bond Girl. He could be up for 2 Oscars for Bond 25.
    I goofed on the above post where I cut off @timmer's heading for his post that I just responded to. Can you edit a posted reply?