SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I've made screenshots of all the action scenes in the TV Spot. I hope you like them.

8y1rLn.png

Serioulsy, I still can't believe I was there when they were shooting this above me. :D :D :D

• JohnyboyJohnyboy London
    For those that went into London to watch the filming last weekend, where was the best place to try and see what was going on? I couldn't make it last week, but am heading up there this Sunday for the last night of filming and wondered where the best place to head for was? Thanks
    Another one from Mr. Frank Anderson who is now in Morroco.

SPECTRE black helicopter and film trucks in compound — in Arfoud.

11411649_10153001823538108_1164783402016971238_o.jpg
  • RC7RC7

11411649_10153001823538108_1164783402016971238_o.jpg

Interesting.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    10593413_1588166924804635_340592322_n.jpg

Right on! Another helicopter!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Helicoptermania!

Let's see if Bond shoots one of them down with a rifle that unfolds out of his attaché case.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I've made screenshots of all the action scenes in the TV Spot. I hope you like them.
    Thanks a lot, @aaron819 :-)!

Brimar wrote: »
    Thanks so much to Aaron819 for all the wonderfully sharp and crisp hi res screencaps! Makes the footage look even more incredible than it already did. And relieves a concern I had about that ghosting/ frame blur that came from the HD footage on the 007 site.

It's worth noting they'll be some magnitude of blur throughout the majority of frames in the movie since it's being shot anamorphic.

Impressed with what I've seen so far however. Refreshing to consistently see a franchise like Bond ignore the teal/orange colour palette and grade that's so horribly accustomed to movies of it's ilk nowadays.

Long may it continue.
    I'm still hoping for a trailer in the coming days/week.
  • Maybe they might surprise us with a full version of the spot with Jurassic World or perhaps the spot was to tide us over till July where maybe it might pop up with Terminator or M:I RN. September for sure we should get the full reveal trailer.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I think with the amount of ticket sales that are expected with jurassic world it would be smart to have a trailer with it
    I think after this unexpected TV spot, I think the trailer will not come out now until filming has wrapped? Happy to be proven wrong though EON! ;) :-bd
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,164
    No new trailer will be shown with Jurassic World in the U.S., can confirm now. Theatres still only have just the March teaser.

Also like I've said before - remember how the Skyfall first spot was a sort of lead in to the trailer soon after...same here I think.
    This guy on Instagram, who has travelled to Morocco where they are filming now in Erfoud until Friday and then they will come back to London for the weekend for the Thames filming and then be back in Morocco to film in Tangier. This guy will be there for the whole duration of filming. @marketto007 and myself posted some photos earlier today and I will post pictures on here whenever he posts something on his Instagram of interest.

It's great we have some kind of source in Morocco now because media and press looks like it's completely dead down there
    Just putting this out there, but the first Skyfall teaser was released May 21. The first tv spot aired during the Olympic opening ceremony on 27 July. The full trailer was released online four days later on 31 July.

So far with SPECTRE, the teaser was released March 27. The first tv spot aired June 9.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Someone posted an article on Reddit that breaks down the TV spot frame by frame. The article included a still that may show just how brutal Mr. Hinx truly is. For those that are avoiding in depth analysis of the TV spot, I'll put it in spoiler tags.
    Notice the coloring on Hinx's thumb. It appears to be covered in blood. Some are speculating Hinx gouged out his victim's eyes before snapping his neck. We could possibly be getting that brute of a henchman that many of us wanted after all.

7D5gpZs.jpg

care to link this? I don't see it on r/jamesbond.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Sark wrote: »
    Someone posted an article on Reddit that breaks down the TV spot frame by frame. The article included a still that may show just how brutal Mr. Hinx truly is. For those that are avoiding in depth analysis of the TV spot, I'll put it in spoiler tags.
    Notice the coloring on Hinx's thumb. It appears to be covered in blood. Some are speculating Hinx gouged out his victim's eyes before snapping his neck. We could possibly be getting that brute of a henchman that many of us wanted after all.

7D5gpZs.jpg

care to link this? I don't see it on r/jamesbond.

http://jamesbondradio.com/spectre-tv-spot-breakdown/

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Here there is a Super Trailer I made with the two trailers.
    It is in HD, not Full HD for now.
    I will update with better audio and better quality in the next few days
    <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i-U-BuLFQGc"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BBC1Radio and EW were on set yesterday. I remember on set interviews from QOS, don't recall any SF ones.
    mfmcgreal wrote: »
    Thanks so much to Aaron819 for all the wonderfully sharp and crisp hi res screencaps! Makes the footage look even more incredible than it already did. And relieves a concern I had about that ghosting/ frame blur that came from the HD footage on the 007 site.

It's worth noting they'll be some magnitude of blur throughout the majority of frames in the movie since it's being shot anamorphic.

Impressed with what I've seen so far however. Refreshing to consistently see a franchise like Bond ignore the teal/orange colour palette and grade that's so horribly accustomed to movies of it's ilk nowadays.

Long may it continue.

I couldn't agree more. SPECTRE has a very distinctive color scheme and as you said not one that seems to be following any new trend - notably the orange/teal combo.

Actually I love the cinematic feel that anamorphic brings to its images and how it gives its action scenes especially an even greater sense of movement and excitement.

Was kinda disappointed when I first heard they were not shooting digitally again, but now after seeing all the great footage, it makes it not only look great but gives it a more visual connection with the best use of anamorphic in the series' past that began with Thunderball. I kinda hope the trend on 35mm continues awhile.

As someone said, a couple shots in the TV spot, especially the one in the villa, look like vintage, timeless Bond.
    antovolk wrote:
    No new trailer will be shown with Jurassic World in the U.S., can confirm now. Theatres still only have just the March teaser.

Also like I've said before - remember how the Skyfall first spot was a sort of lead in to the trailer soon after...same here I think.

It seems the TV spot was again aired at the halftime of NBA finals (Game 4). Series is now tied 2-2, so it probably means two more "spots" (maybe three) in US before releasing other things.
  • RC7RC7
    As someone said, a couple shots in the TV spot, especially the one in the villa, look like vintage, timeless Bond.

I don't want it to look vintage. Timeless, yes. Vintage, no. I've seen a few people comment on their enthusiasm for this looking like a sixties film. This shouldn't look like a sixties film, it can be opulent and luxurious while being firmly rooted in the present. SF had moments where it tried to evoke the past, but I'll give it a pass as it was intermittently for symbolic reasons. I'm hoping SP doesn't do too much pandering to the past.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I agree. It should evoke the 60's, but not look like a 60's film.

I have not seen any indication that it looks like a 60's Bond movie from the trailers. Man from Uncle, yes, but not SP, at least not from what we've seen to date.

It just looks like a very expensive, classy Bond film, along the lines of TSWLM & TB (two of my favourites btw), with some GE/CR/FRWL (also favourites of mine) elements thrown in. So far, I'm totally pumped.
    fistpump.jpg
    From @SummerOfSony: Sleep tight all! Be sure to swing by the Social Media Lounge tomorrow to share photos from the #SPECTRE cocktail hour! #SummerOfSonyPictures
    From @SummerOfSony: Sleep tight all! Be sure to swing by the Social Media Lounge tomorrow to share photos from the #SPECTRE cocktail hour! #SummerOfSonyPictures

@marketto007 where is it being held?
    @aaron819 In Cancun again.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 95
    RC7 wrote: »

I don't want it to look vintage. Timeless, yes. Vintage, no. I've seen a few people comment on their enthusiasm for this looking like a sixties film. This shouldn't look like a sixties film, it can be opulent and luxurious while being firmly rooted in the present. SF had moments where it tried to evoke the past, but I'll give it a pass as it was intermittently for symbolic reasons. I'm hoping SP doesn't do too much pandering to the past.

I feel that based on what I have seen so far, that they have tried very hard to evoke a more elegant looking Bond film that is also a modern film - which cannot be avoided obviously. I don't feel Mendes and Hoytema are being as literal about recreating a specific vintage 60s look as it may appear. Just a more timeless film that brings to minds certain films that happen to be from that era. But some who are not as versed in the Bond films going back to DN may get a different vibe from the look. I also assume that the action, wardrobe and technology will prevent this from being anything but a 2015 film. Just not as trendy as some.

But in Bond movies there is always a fine line of balance between old and new. Too much of one can alienate the people that prefer the other approach. I for one have loved all the Craig Bonds and appreciate the wide gamut they have run in style and substance from CR back to basics approach to a Bourne influence in QoS to something different than both in SF. Certainly each style will not appeal to us all, but I like the parts of each film I feel worked. And when I am in the mood for one style I watch one film, and when I want a different look and feel I watch another. That to me is one of the franchises biggest strengths.

But on the flip side, most franchises don't have such an immense amount of cinematic and literary history to consider in each film as to what will work and what won't. Bond films can be seen as much a small slice of changing film styles over 50 years as a series about a super secret agent.

I just like that we all can find stuff we all like in most films in both look and substance. And so far SP has the right balance, for me anyway. And perhaps it's timeless look is also a way of distinguishing itself from SF as Mendes has said he doesn't want to do the same film twice.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't feel Mendes and Hoytema are being as literal about recreating a specific vintage look as it may appear.

I agree, but then I don't think it looks particularly 'vintage'. Like you say, it's just that they seem to be avoiding modern day clichés, which is always a plus.
    @aaron819 In Cancun again.

@marketto007 Thanks.:) What are you expecting to be revealed. When will the event be taking place?