SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• Sorry if this has already been covered, but is this location supposed to be Oberhauser's observatory and the large sculpture in the centre of the room, that the script describes?

spectre-is-the-past-going-to-catch-up-with-james-bond-007-the-museo-nacional-de-antropo-423421.jpg
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    aaron819 wrote: »
    "Yes, and then the rain itself will be added in post. This film will have loads of post"

I thought the change of DOP and the return to film would have meant less CG than in SF, but all this is bad news for me :(

shooting on film or digital doesn't matter when it comes to CGI... because chances are, even though the movie will be shot on film - when it comes time to edit and post, the footage will more than likely be converted over to digital files anyway.

I don't see how any massive film effort like SP with complex and dangerous action sequences can possibly be made without some CGI. I would think it would be impossible to stage some of the dangerous stunts and huge scenes like the ones in Mexico without using it where necessary. Bond films have always been very reliant on genuine stunt work, but they have always had to sometimes resort to CGI if only to keep stunt men, not to mention their Bond actor, from getting injured or killed.

Mad Max was a brilliant example of live stunt work, but articles about the filming also noted a use of CGI when necessary. I'm all for hitting EON and Mendes on stuff I don't agree with, but I don't think this is a fair criticism. I would only hope the CGI is not noticeable.

I also wouldn't put it past EON to have Blofeld's scaring adding in post to keep the endless London pap pictures from blowing what they are trying to keep a not so well kept secret.
    And no one right now on the set knows what it will look like on screen.

Nah... I'm pretty sure they know exactly what it will look like on screen.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

no doubt.... they more than likely have renderings already drawn up by the effects department
    CGI rain is very normal. It's used in most films because it's difficult for the camera to pick up on rain drops. The focus struggles to capture water in the form of rain drops, while being able to focus on the actors and sets as well.
    I'm not reading any of the leaks but will Spectre continue with Bond 25? In some way shape or another
    slyfox wrote: »
    CGI rain is very normal. It's used in most films because it's difficult for the camera to pick up on rain drops. The focus struggles to capture water in the form of rain drops, while being able to focus on the actors and sets as well.

that depends.... normally (like 99.9% of the time), the focus on the camera is manually operated - so it shouldn't matter. As long as the subject your shooting is in focus, the camera shouldn't be bouncing the focus around between subject/rain/set.. where rain often times is hard to read in the camera, is when the scene is not properly lit.. stuff like rain and snow always needs to be back lit, as it shows up better (thats a little helpful tip from one indy filmmaker to others out there ;) )...
  • HASEROT wrote: »

no doubt.... they more than likely have renderings already drawn up by the effects department

Ok. I earnt money working on this very topic, but you're the experts..

edited June 2015 Posts: 4,399
    HASEROT wrote: »

whoa, settle down.... i never claimed to be an expert, but on a production of this size and scale, i find it hard to believe that something as trivial as a facial scar or scaring was going to go undiscussed or thought about until after filming is wrapped - just because of the time factor between now and the release of the film..... i never said they had the finished product ready to be digitally fitted to Waltz' face, but work on it's design has to be underway on some capacity - even if it's just concept sketches to give the director an idea of what it will look like..

didn't mean whatever i said to be taken as a personal attack on your knowledge and experience... but loosen up a bit.. we're all family here - well, most of us ;) :)>-
    HASEROT wrote: »

Well, if you truly believe what you wrote, then I'm not surprised you don't earn your money "on this very topic" anymore...
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    i never said they had the finished product ready to be digitally fitted to Waltz' face, but work on it's design has to be underway on some capacity - even if it's just concept sketches to give the director an idea of what it will look like..

Yes, they have a lead artist whose design has been validated, and they're now probably asking various VFX companies to show them (unpaid) tests to choose the cheapest one etc. But the *exact final* result on screen ? They'll discover it quite late in the process. With prothestics, what you see is what you get. Not with VFX. Believe me, no one on set will be sure what the performance of the villain in the final scenes will really look like. Do you really think Sam Mendes was 100% happy with the CG Bardem or the CG Patrice ?

PanchitoPistoles, click on my name to see my profile with your comment, as a reminder of who's most often wrong here :)

I don't think Risico is a realistic title. The story has already been done.
    You can't realistically use that title unless you are going to revisit Kristatos, Columbo and the Countess.
    I don't think that would interest Eon.
    Garden of Death would work for B25 in that its derivative of YOLT, but I think Shatterhand might be the stronger title.
    This is all rampant speculation mind you, but I do think its possible that B25 and B26 might be modern riffs on Flemings YOLT and TMWTGG, simply because SP seems to be riffing on OHMSS, and OHMSS set up the events of the final two Fleming novels.
    Do you really think Sam Mendes was 100% happy with the CG Bardem or the CG Patrice ?

Yes. CG Bardem was close to perfect and CG Patrice is completely unnoticeable, unless you watch the movie several times. What looked bad in Skyfall were Craig's face when he was riding the motorcycle in the PTS, and the helicopters arriving to Silva's island.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 832
    I JUST SAW AN EXTENDED SPECTRE TRAILER ON TV!!! did I miss something?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Dude me too. I'm watching the NBA finals and saw that!!!!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I've been around for months and saw nothing about a new trailer. I was beyond shocked when I saw it
    Dude me too. I'm watching the NBA finals and saw that!!!!

Yea that's what i'm watching!! Good people will believe me lol

LOOKED AWESOME
    At first I thought it was going to be just an abbreviated version of the teaser, then I was all like whaaat?!?!? Action scenes. The Bond, James Bond was epic at the end
    Just saw it to. The fact that it was a suprise made it all the better.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Yeah, the trailer is pretty nifty. Looks as though Mr. Hinx is going to have his way with Bond judging by that good thwack he gave him.
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    edited June 2015 Posts: 74
    Who's jumping off of the balcony . . . in the new extended trailer?
    Looked like Bond.
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    It's what I thought- Holy shit, he's diving after Bloefeld!
    Yes, they have a lead artist whose design has been validated, and they're now probably asking various VFX companies to show them (unpaid) tests to choose the cheapest one etc. But the *exact final* result on screen ? They'll discover it quite late in the process. With prothestics, what you see is what you get. Not with VFX. Believe me, no one on set will be sure what the performance of the villain in the final scenes will really look like. Do you really think Sam Mendes was 100% happy with the CG Bardem or the CG Patrice ?

the exact final look?.. of course not - like you said, thats something that wont be done until later.. they more than likely have the general idea, but the finished look? no - because tweaks and tweaks will may/will happen in post..

and in terms of Mendes being happy or not about the CG on Bardem and Patrice... I can't speak for him, so I wont pretend to know how he feels and pass it along as a fact.. he's obviously satisfied with it.. it may not be perfect.. but there is an old saying when it comes to filmmaking and video shooting, and thats "better done than perfect." .... i have never made a film on the size or scale that Mendes has, but the extremely small ones i have done - they aren't perfect, no film will ever be, but i've felt satisfied enough to consider them "done"... so, whether he was happy with it or not, only he can answer that, but he obviously felt it looked good enough..

on a personal level, i thought the CG was alright - was it noticeable? yes.. but most CGI is noticeable to begin with in films, so I am not going to hold that against the filmmakers.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    eddychaput wrote: »
    Yeah, the trailer is pretty nifty. Looks as though Mr. Hinx is going to have his way with Bond judging by that good thwack he gave him.

That wasn't Bond.

here is the TV spot that came on during the NBA Finals.... for anyone that missed it..

• About CG, maybe I'm the only one to worry that the damaging "We can do anything with CGI" atittude is contaminating a franchise historically known for real stunts, real locations, impressive models, but well...

About the trailer, notice the Bond theme, the "Bond James Bond", etc.. I wonder what all those who ask for movies without "old fashioned" Bond elements think about it.

And still only "November", and not the "6th of November", is it common in the US to have no date in the trailers ?

• smitty wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Yes please don't punish the pooch.
    Although if new MP starts barking at Bond, train the dog to bark back at the screen and drown her out.

:o3

You know, I just don't know why Naomie Harris's MP just rubs me the wrong way. She is certainly a very competent actress and all, but I just don't like seeing the MP role become so major. And before any posters come down on me for being hard on her because she is black, I'm fine with having a black MP, as it does make Bond more modern. I just don't like Harris in the role. I'll try to shut up about it and wait till I see the film before I whine about her again.

Money Penny was the worst part about SF I would of gotten a much more recognizable actress and not the creepy voodoo lady from pirates of the Caribean

other than that I will give her another chance and I can not wait for Spectre