SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited June 2015 Posts: 3,277
    CGu5AZuWgAAeBUc.jpg

Just saw the magazine content and unfortunately, no new photos.
    CGu5AZuWgAAeBUc.jpg

Just saw the magazine content and unfortunately, no new photos.

Indeed, we can find on this website a reader (small format is free) and all pics were already released: http://www.journaux.fr/studio-cine-live-magazine-_cinema_art-et-culture_137232.html and click on "Feuilleter cette revue" (p. 40-46)
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,138
    I have seen it mentioned "The London finale to Spectre". The finale takes place in Morocco to the best of my knowledge, and surely the villain in a helicopter is used again in the same way so soon after Skyfall can't be true.
    The helicopter scenes in Spectre, look more like a getaway attempt by Oberhauser
  • RC7RC7
    The helicopter scenes in Spectre, look more like a getaway attempt by Oberhauser

Not based on certain reports coming from the shoot, which suggest...
    The helicopter is shot down.

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I have seen it mentioned "The London finale to Spectre". The finale takes place in Morocco to the best of my knowledge, and surely the villain in a helicopter is used again in the same way so soon after Skyfall can't be true.
    Nope, they will film in Morocco after London, but the reports talking about the London finale are absolutely right, as far as I know.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 3,277
    Something's going on at the NetApp Partner Executive Forum in Warsaw, Poland.

From Twitter @JFMarieOnTwitt:: @AshleyRob on stage as the fifth #JamesBond #007 #SPECTRE premiere prize

CHCpgAlXEAMRkmv.jpg

The presentation video for the event.

I am suprised we havent seen a new teaser trailer yet. NO action has been shown yet.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I am suprised we havent seen a new teaser trailer yet. NO action has been shown yet.

I have been seeing trailers on TV and at film theaters showing other films opening even after Spectre like The Martian with full trailers. Bridge of Spys has a trailer that makes it look like an action film which I'm sure it isn't. But Spielberg knows what sells.

Spectre is overdue for a trailer that shows everyone some clips of the action scenes that they spent the big bucks on to let audiences know that Spectre is not a gloomy drama, which how the teaser played. It might have appealed to avid Bond fans, but they are a tiny % of the general audience and EON needs to get off their duffs and create some excitement. There are only 3 more months till this thing opens. It's time to create some buzz. More drama trailers will sink this thing.

smitty wrote: »

I have been seeing trailers on TV and at film theaters showing other films opening even after Spectre like The Martian with full trailers. Bridge of Spys has a trailer that makes it look like an action film which I'm sure it isn't. But Spielberg knows what sells.

Spectre is overdue for a trailer that shows everyone some clips of the action scenes that they spent the big bucks on to let audiences know that Spectre is not a gloomy drama, which how the teaser played. It might have appealed to avid Bond fans, but they are a tiny % of the general audience and EON needs to get off their duffs and create some excitement. There are only 3 more months till this thing opens. It's time to create some buzz. More drama trailers will sink this thing.

Eh? It's only been, what 8 weeks since they put out the teaser? Spectre isn't "overdue" for anything, it's still five months away.

Every film has a different marketing strategy. Mission Impossible didn't have any footage out there until 4 months before release, so they had to go with big action right out of the gate. (Having seen 2 trailers for that, I still have no idea what the plot is or who/what the villains are)

EON got a teaser out there earlier than they've ever done in recent years, that was very well received and created strong buzz, see here :
    http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-04-06-twitter-futures-spectre-explodes-deadpool-makes-first-appearance?q=spectre

And of course they are still filming so will probably want to get all/most of their money shots ready for a new trailer. I would expect to see it at the end of July.
    don't know if anyone saw but a new spectre trailer was just shown during the NBA finals
    surprised the hell outta me out here in the states

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,421
    Me too. Wasn't expecting anything. First I thought it was just gonna be the abbreviated trailer. Looked amazing
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    ohmss42 wrote: »
    don't know if anyone saw but a new spectre trailer was just shown during the NBA finals

I did. Looked good. Only quibble was Craig's "Bond........James.......Bond" at the end. And yes, those ellipsis accurately reflect how Craig said it.
    I missed this, link?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Whats going on?! I need a link!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @ohmss42 WHAT?! Knew nothing about this! New footage?
    still cant find it.
    Wait...WHAT?! :O
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Am I hallucinating? Searching for the link right now.
    Well at least I'm hearing some positive things about it on twitter.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Here's a still.
    CHGmBSmWMAEEiHi.jpg
    This is not the same movie landscape they had for SF. There is killer competition for spy and action films this year. The audience could be sick of Spy films by the time SP opens last. It also has none of the 50 year and huge Olympic buzz going for it. The teaser was passive and we've had nothing but Harris, Mendes, and the Wilson's boys yakking about the film, with not one of whom the general audience gives a hoot about.

This is June. I count 3 more months and counting till Oct. when it opens in GB. I don't buy that Mendes/EON know everything. They script process was a near disaster and and the leaks will give the press a serious angle for attack. It just feels like they are behind the curve. Lets see some stuff that could actually interest a potential audience. And the Sony situation is seriously scary. If Sony has written off re-contracting with MGM/EON, will they shell out the 100 million plus budget needed to market this thing. We can only hope it is a terrific film which even then doesn't guarantee a big hit.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    ohmss42 wrote: »

Yeah, I saw it too. I'm wondering it hasn't gone online yet.
    Craig looks killer!!!
    They are saying in the spoiler thread this trailer had a ton of action.
    For those that saw it, what are your thoughts? Was it any good?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I hope it finds its way online!
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    For those that saw it, what are your thoughts? Was it any good?

It's a sneaky little trailer because the first 15-20 seconds is a condensed version of the official teaser trailer. Then it's a 10-15 second barrage of new footage.
    They are saying in the spoiler thread this trailer had a ton of action.

From your lips to G-d's ears.

A description from some fella at CBn.

- Aston Martin decapitates the Jaguar
    - Flames shooting out of the Aston's rear towards the Jag.
    - Bond throwing someone over the railing at "the meeting."
    - Craig and Sedoux, getting close in the elevator.
    - Helicopter action in Mexico.
    - Bond punching someone in Austria
    - Mr. Hinx, putting someone out of their misery.
    - A closeup of Craig's response to Mr. White's declaration.
    - Craig has Bellucci against the wall.
    - Q, looking up from his laptop/desktop.