SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Stunt coordinator Gary Powell post this photo on his Facebook account, highlighting stuntman Paul Weston as the chauffer.

v3A2cr4.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    For those who haven't watched the BBC Pinewood Special.

Thanks, Marcos!
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    so this is why I was told to move off the steps earlier.... plus more photos here

james-bond-movie-spectre-filmset_4769293.jpg

james-bond-movie-spectre-filmset_4769301.jpg

james-bond-movie-spectre-filmset_4769306.jpg

james-bond-movie-spectre-filmset_4769312.jpg

james-bond-movie-spectre-filmset_4769300.jpg
    I need to see SPECTRE .....NOW, right now in cinema. :((
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    thanks @leas_mole and @skullkrusher for the pictures!

You can see in this picture that they are wetting the road - rain simulating.

It looks like this whole sequence in London, which we have seen been shot over the past few weeks will be all rain! :) I love that!! Very dramatic!! Especially in London. I can imagine a great aerial shot while it's raining. I need to see SPECTRE NOW!!!! :) :) :) November can't come fast enough.

Here is the picture:

james-bond-movie-spectre-filmset_4769303.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, a big thanks for the photos. =D> always entertaining. Nice to see
    Waltz as a villain getting involved and not just sitting behind a desk
    Giving orders. ;)
    aaron819 wrote: »
    CG7U8IdVAAAEku3.jpg

gosh he looks nasty and evil on this one. With longer hair he'd look pretty much how I'd imagine OHMSS to look like.
    Another actor on set:

It looks like Q from SPECTRE:

Ew4IK2B.png

I've always wanted a Q eequivalent on the villain's side.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    CG7U8IdVAAAEku3.jpg

gosh he looks nasty and evil on this one. With longer hair he'd look pretty much how I'd imagine OHMSS to look like.

I especially like what Jany Temime did for Oberhauser's wardrobe. I love it, adore it. This Mao-esque jacket in darkgreen velvet makes him look indeed like a formidable new Nr. 1 for the SP(ecial).E(xecutive for).C(ounter-intelligence).T(errorism).R(evenge and).E(xtortion).
    296E5AC100000578-3114929-image-a-2_1433749255223.jpg
    296EC91100000578-3114929-image-a-3_1433749260360.jpg
    He's obviously a wealthy, powerful man, thus very different in style than SF's villain Raoul Silva. Silva was working way more in the field, directing every move by himself, while Oberhauser is surrounded by much more people who are executing his plans in the field (Hinx? Marco & Lucia Sciarra? Denbigh? Even Swann?).

It seems he's the wealthy, powerful, state-less Sepp Blatter-kind of narcist/dictator, heading a new kind of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. that is more reminiscent of the Bilderberg Group.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @Gustav, I love your enthusiasm, but why are you reposting comments that you reposted from a comment that you made last night?
    zebrafish wrote: »
    @Gustav, I love your enthusiasm, but why are you reposting comments that you reposted from a comment that you made last night?

Part of my enthusiasm. I'm sorry :-). I just hoped some people would be weighing in on this. Love to talk about this stuff much longer. Sorry, I won't do this again.
    Waltz on set:

• RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Hypothesis time: This is purely my opinion based on what we've seen thus far, but I'll put it in spolier tags as I'm referencing clapper boards and don't want to stitch things together in a way that might spoil/annoy those who don't want to know the potential order of play.
    Quite a while back a few of us speculated on whether Oberhauser/Blofeld would have a facial scar. Given these latest pictures, I'm relatively certain this could be the case. I don't think he'll look like Pleasance, but I do feel like it'll be relatively grotesque. I'd also like to speculate further that he gets the scar during the film. (At the hands of Bond perhaps?) If we look at what we know of the locations and their order, we have Mexico - London - Rome - Austria - Morocco - then we have these London scenes, which don't appear to me to have any relation to those earlier in the film, particularly given that we know he meets Swann in Austria.

This leads me to believe that this is the finale, or at least towards the tail end. We know Oberhauser is in Rome and is likely to feature in Morocco, so we will see his face, but I don't believe he has a scar in those Rome scenes. I'm actually starting to wonder if this film is actually a sort of 'Blofeld Begins', where he becomes the icon by the end. So in Rome and beyond we see 'Oberhauser', but by the end, ie. these London scenes, he is revealed as the classic disfigured rogue from the Connery era, with a twist, 'Blofeld' is born so to speak. How they go about the narrative transition of Oberhauser to Blofeld is still what is most intriguing.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11,119
    RC7 wrote: »
    Hypothesis time: This is purely my opinion based on what we've seen thus far, but I'll put it in spolier tags as I'm referencing clapper boards and don't want to stitch things together in a way that might spoil/annoy those who don't want to know the potential order of play.
    Quite a while back a few of us speculated on whether Oberhauser/Blofeld would have a facial scar. Given these latest pictures, I'm relatively certain this could be the case. I don't think he'll look like Pleasance, but I do feel like it'll be relatively grotesque. I'd also like to speculate further that he gets the scar during the film. (At the hands of Bond perhaps?) If we look at what we know of the locations and their order, we have Mexico - London - Rome - Austria - Morocco - then we have these London scenes, which don't appear to me to have any relation to those earlier in the film, particularly given that we know he meets Swann in Austria.

This leads me to believe that this is the finale, or at least towards the tail end. We know Oberhauser is in Rome and is likely to feature in Morocco, so we will see his face, but I don't believe he has a scar in those Rome scenes. I'm actually starting to wonder if this film is actually a sort of 'Blofeld Begins', where he becomes the icon by the end. So in Rome and beyond we see 'Oberhauser', but by the end, ie. these London scenes, he is revealed as the classic disfigured rogue from the Connery era, with a twist, 'Blofeld' is born so to speak. How they go about the narrative transition of Oberhauser to Blofeld is still what is most intriguing.

Wunderful and insightful post @RC7. Though I don't think it's too spoiler-ish, as you (and I) are merely speculating.

Still, I'll put my reply in spoiler tags as well:
    I've always fancied a "Blofeld/SPECTRE Begins" narrative. What has been done to James Bond/MI6 over the course of three films will now most likely be executed with Bond's biggest antagonist of the Bond universe.

One thing I'm not that sure yet, is that he indeed will get a scar near the end of the film (I was thinking about Two-Face in "The Dark Knight" when you mentioned this). The CGI-markers are on Waltz' entire face, so it could be the case that during the entire film Oberhauser's face is obscured/darkened by CGI-effects. Though, what you are saying could be possible too.

In any case, this could make it very likely that Christoph Waltz will return in the 25th Bond adventure. And I'm now starting to think that EON are desperate to let Daniel Craig return for at least a 5th outing. All the narrative after CR/QOS/SF/SP will have so much continuity and chronology, that it would be just plain weird to say goodbye to Daniel Craig after "SPECTRE".

One thing is for sure: S.P.E.C.T.R.E. will be back with one hell of a bang in "SPECTRE".
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks like Madeleine found Fields' coat.

Not sure I'm keen on a cgi scar or whatever is on his face. But otherwise I love Oberhauser look.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Wunderful and insightful post @RC7. Though I don't think it's too spoiler-ish, as you (and I) are merely speculating.

I've always fancied a "Blofeld/SPECTRE Begins" narrative. What has been done to James Bond/MI6 over the course of three films will now most likely be executed with Bond's biggest antagonist of the Bond universe.

One thing I'm not that sure yet, is that he indeed will get a scar near the end of the film (I was thinking about Two-Face in "The Dark Knight" when you mentioned this). The CGI-markers are on Waltz' entire face, so it could be the case that during the entire film Oberhauser's face is obscured/darkened by CGI-effects. Though, what you are saying could be possible too.

In any case, this could make it very likely that Christoph Waltz will return in the 25th Bond adventure. And I'm now starting to think that EON are desperate to let Daniel Craig return for at least a 5th outing. All the narrative after CR/QOS/SF/SP will have so much continuity and chronology, that it would be just plain weird to say goodbye to Daniel Craig after "SPECTRE".

One thing is for sure: S.P.E.C.T.R.E. will be back with one hell of a bang in "SPECTRE".

I agree 100%
    talos7 wrote: »

I agree 100%

good theory and it fits the little we know so far.
    Considering all the facts we have and Mendes’s track record on ‘reinterpreting’ classic characters, I have little to no doubt that Oberhauser will “become” Blofeld by the end of the picture. It is likely that Oberhauser’s face is obscured during the Rome meeting as there will be a big reveal later that he is hideously disfigured (ala the Connery Bond films). I think it will be a little anticlimactic if Oberhauser is introduced and he just looks like Christoph Waltz after his mysterious build-up. However, I really think it would dramatically be so much more interesting if Bond gives Blofeld the scar. It would be a nice play on the iconography of the character.

Mendes is really harkening back to the classic imagery of the earlier Bond films. I admire how he has embraced those old classic images and, thusly, has reinterpreted them.

The general impression from people online seems to be that Waltz will become Blofeld and the misdirection that he is Oberhauser is a rather obvious “wink” to the audience. In contrast, look at JJ Abrams and the Khan reveal; there was a very deliberate and conscious effort to tell people Cumberbatch was NOT Khan, even though he was. The producers of ‘Star Trek Into Darkness” made a huge marketing mistake here, because they had the opportunity to really sell the film as being Khan’s grand return as around 90% of the cinema going population has no idea who Khan is and why his return is significant. By deliberately obscuring the character and his identity so heavily, Abrams made a rod for his own back. This point is especially significant considering the Khan reveal has little dramatic weight. The moment he says his name the audience should be shocked and taken aback, instead with most people the resounding response would seemingly be “Who?” In an attempt to clean up this mess the characters get in touch with Leonard Nimoy who basically has to say “Oh shit, yeah, Khan is bad news”, which is the cinematic equivalent of renting the “Wrath of Khan” DVD. Lazy screenwriting at its best.

I think the Oberhauser to Blofeld transition can be done well and I hope it is. I really hope the Spectre team learn from Abrams mistakes, because we may be skating on Khan territory here.
    Considering all the facts we have and Mendes’s track record on ‘reinterpreting’ classic characters, I have little to no doubt that Oberhauser will “become” Blofeld by the end of the picture. It is likely that Oberhauser’s face is obscured during the Rome meeting as there will be a big reveal later that he is hideously disfigured (ala the Connery Bond films). I think it will be a little anticlimactic if Oberhauser is introduced and he just looks like Christoph Waltz after his mysterious build-up. However, I really think it would dramatically be so much more interesting if Bond gives Blofeld the scar. It would be a nice play on the iconography of the character.

Mendes is really harkening back to the classic imagery of the earlier Bond films. I admire how he has embraced those old classic images and, thusly, has reinterpreted them.

The general impression from people online seems to be that Waltz will become Blofeld and the misdirection that he is Oberhauser is a rather obvious “wink” to the audience. In contrast, look at JJ Abrams and the Khan reveal; there was a very deliberate and conscious effort to tell people Cumberbatch was NOT Khan, even though he was. The producers of ‘Star Trek Into Darkness” made a huge marketing mistake here, because they had the opportunity to really sell the film as being Khan’s grand return as around 90% of the cinema going population has no idea who Khan is and why his return is significant. By deliberately obscuring the character and his identity so heavily, Abrams made a rod for his own back. This point is especially significant considering the Khan reveal has little dramatic weight. The moment he says his name the audience should be shocked and taken aback, instead with most people the resounding response would seemingly be “Who?” In an attempt to clean up this mess the characters get in touch with Leonard Nimoy who basically has to say “Oh shit, yeah, Khan is bad news”, which is the cinematic equivalent of renting the “Wrath of Khan” DVD. Lazy screenwriting at its best.

I think the Oberhauser to Blofeld transition can be done well and I hope it is. I really hope the Spectre team learn from Abrams mistakes, because we may be skating on Khan territory here.

I would prefer to draw parallels with Two-Face from TDK-trilogy. Also, with Abrahms the Khan-reveal for me didn't work. Abrahms is a popcorn-director, whereas Sam Mendes adds a bit more careful nuance to the character reveals he has in mind.
    The reveal wasn't the only thing that didn't work with Khan in Into Darkness. Gone was the evil uberman wannabe dictator. He was a generic villain with a British accent. We already know Waltz will be a leader of men.
    The reveal wasn't the only thing that didn't work with Khan in Into Darkness. Gone was the evil uberman wannabe dictator. He was a generic villain with a British accent. We already know Waltz will be a leader of men.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Austrian magazine "BESSER" about filming in Mexico:
    http://www.besser-magazin.at/james-bond-killer-jagd-am-tag-der-toten/

Contains several plot spoilers for the opening sequence, at least there is stuff I did not know before (and I have refrained from reading any spoilers here).
    Video of the helicopter last night:

Am I the only one who thinks the helicopter is reminiscent of the novel DAF?
    Great to FINALLY see a image of CW on set!
    Here's a link with a lot of pics taken in London: https://www.flickr.com/photos/31512752@N00/sets/72157654252287695

Some of them were already shown. Credits to Phil Verney.