SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited June 2015 Posts: 709
    Wow, very cool find. Now we know why Waltz's face was hidden in the teaser trailer. Mr "Oberhauser" is going to have an interesting look!

Looks like we can only see one side of this face. Are the dots on the other side too? Maybe they're going for the YOLT look.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Another actor on set:

It looks like Q from SPECTRE:

Ew4IK2B.png

"Stop touching your ear"
  • RC7RC7
    Nobby007 wrote: »
    Looks like legendary stuntman Paul Weston is playing the chauffer?

It does indeed! I for one am delighted. A Bond legend.

As for Waltz, what did people expect? This is Mendes. His frame of reference is the cinematic Bond, not the literary. I'm expecting a YOLT hybrid.

Red_Snow wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    CG7U8IdVAAAEku3.jpg

Are those dots on Christoph's face?

Hmmm, not sure. Could be only quality issues with the picture. But if they are dots....then.....

There's a whole batch of pics posted here and the dots seem present on his face throughout. Wonder what they will CGI those into? Scars?

I think they could be used to black-en, to obscure his face, like we saw in the trailer. I also see Oberhauser's assistant from the trailer. I must say, he's wearing a wunderful villainésque suit ;-).
    @dinovelvet :)) very good

@antovolk and Aaron, excellent work, thank you
    THE Speedboats are showing up..... ;D
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    antovolk wrote: »
    THE Speedboats are showing up..... ;D

@antovolk possibly a periscope? Sorry for pressuring you, but I'm so excited like everyone.!!
    RC7 wrote: »

As for Waltz, what did people expect? This is Mendes. His frame of reference is the cinematic Bond, not the literary. I'm expecting a YOLT hybrid.

A YOLT hybrid? Not at all to be honest. Obscuring Waltz face like this is way more reminiscent of obscuring Blofeld's face in FRWL and TB.
    the speedboats are showing up:

CG7dCPgWgAE4G3y.jpg
    I put a photo up. It's parked now but will do a stream when the chase is on
    @antovolk Great
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Floodlights are now on at Westminster Bridge. The ones on the crane.
    Millbank will be opened to traffic from 23:00 and Westminster Bridge will be closed from 23:30 - 04:00.

Well why can't it be something new entirely? We have no idea what he's going to look like, but we can see Waltz will have hair, so they are not going full Pleasance or anything here. Also, deformity was part of Fleming's Blofeld, with his "syphilitic nose" and cutting off his earlobes, so you can interpret any facial injuries as in keeping with the spirit of Fleming's creation.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512

A YOLT hybrid? Not at all to be honest. Obscuring Waltz face like this is way more reminiscent of obscuring Blofeld's face in FRWL and TB.

I'm assuming the track points are for CGI, hence scars/facial disfiguration - YOLT style. They aren't to hide his face.
    CG7U8IdVAAAEku3.jpg

FINALLY, a first official picture of Christoph Waltz as Herr Franz Oberhauser. The new Nr. 1 of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. ?
    That's not an official photo, it's not come from the production team. I believe it's press?
    Could the dots be to map his face so that it could be added to a stuntman for a stunt where Waltz's face needs to be seen?
  • RC7RC7
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    so they are not going full Pleasance or anything here.

Hence why I said YOLT hybrid. Hair, bur with potential facial scarring. I'd love the OHMSS literary Blofeld, but I doubt that's on their radar. This is the team that brought back the GF DB5.
    Police speedboat moved off, the main one getting ready I think....
  • RC7RC7
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Could the dots be to map his face so that it could be added to a stuntman for a stunt where Waltz's face needs to be seen?

No. It's pretty certain they are for visual effects. The question being, why not just use make-up? The answer - because then everyone would see exactly what's in store. That's my take, but I may be completely wrong.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11,119

I'm assuming the track points are for CGI, hence scars/facial disfiguration - YOLT style. They aren't to hide his face.

Could be, but we aren't sure yet. The dots are located at the parts of his face that look similar to his obscured face in the teaser trailer. And the dots are all over his face, not just one tiny spot, so I don't think they will "scar up" his entire face. Don't forget that CGI is also needed to create that blurred/obscured image. It wasn't done with only shadow lighting in the trailer.

In any case, we can only guess at this stage. Some CGI will be applied yes. But we don't know what exactly at this stage.

Here's the image from the teaser trailer. It also include Oberhauser's assistant with glasses:
    2711303600000578-0-image-a-40_1427557249929.jpg

Compare it with these images:
    Ew4IK2B.png
    u8x7S4O.png

In any case, I'm really really excited about all this :-P!! THIS particular villain has got his own chauffeur, drives around in London in a Rolls Royce Phantom, and looks almost like a more grand, powerful and lush version of filantropist/narcist Dominic Greene. And most likely he is the current Nr. 1 of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. He's obviously a wealthy and absolutely powerful man, thus very different in style than SF's villain Raoul Silva. Silva was working way more in the field, directing every move by himself, while Oberhauser is surrounded by much more people who are executing his plans in the field (Hinx? Marco & Lucia Sciarra? Even Swann?).

It seems he's the state-less Sepp Blatter-kind of narcist/dictator, heading a new kind of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. that is more reminiscent of the Bilderberg Group. I love his darkgreen velvet Chinese suit as well. REminiscent of this. Thanks Jany Temime:
    V3man-magnificently-chinese-style-velvet-chinese-tunic-suit-male-stand-collar-gold-velvet-suit-velvet-suit.jpg

In short: I think S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is BACK with a BANG ;-)!
    Heading home, not much at all seems to be going on. Annoyed I just missed Mendes and Waltz who just showed up as we were all getting kicked off Millbank but at least I got a few nice shots of the helicopter in action :)
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512
    And the dots are all over his face, not just one tiny spot, so I don't think they will "scar up" his entire face.

They need to map his entire face, that doesn't mean they'll scar his entire face, it's merely for reference. As for obscuring his face, as in the trailer, that's achievable in post without facial tracking. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that's a trailer specific obscuration. It strikes me this is later in the film, perhaps final third, at which time Oberhauser will have been seen, so I very much doubt he'll be moving in the shadows. This suggests to me some kind of disfigurement.
    When are they going to Morocco and how long will the Morocco shoot last for?

There is no one Moroccan on this forum. I think least coverage from the whole production will be from Morocco, excluding Pinewood. The media is completely dead over there.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,208
    @antovolk You shouldn't have left.

They have closed Westminster Bridge, filming

CG7sK3CXAAAVAXX.jpg
    CG7rpUgWwAAVZZ6.jpg
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11,119

Could be, but we aren't sure yet. The dots are located at the parts of his face that look similar to his obscured face in the teaser trailer. And the dots are all over his face, not just one tiny spot, so I don't think they will "scar up" his entire face. Don't forget that CGI is also needed to create that blurred/obscured image. It wasn't done with only shadow lighting in the trailer.

In any case, we can only guess at this stage. Some CGI will be applied yes. But we don't know what exactly at this stage.

Here's the image from the teaser trailer. It also include Oberhauser's assistant with glasses:
    2711303600000578-0-image-a-40_1427557249929.jpg

Compare it with these images:
    Ew4IK2B.png
    u8x7S4O.png

In any case, I'm really really excited about all this :-P!! THIS particular villain has got his own chauffeur, drives around in London in a Rolls Royce Phantom, and looks almost like a more grand, powerful and lush version of filantropist/narcist Dominic Greene. And most likely he is the current Nr. 1 of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. He's obviously a wealthy and absolutely powerful man, thus very different in style than SF's villain Raoul Silva. Silva was working way more in the field, directing every move by himself, while Oberhauser is surrounded by much more people who are executing his plans in the field (Hinx? Marco & Lucia Sciarra? Denbigh? Even Swann?).

It seems he's the state-less Sepp Blatter-kind of narcist/dictator, heading a new kind of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. that is more reminiscent of the Bilderberg Group. I love his darkgreen velvet Chinese suit as well. Reminiscent of this. Thanks Jany Temime:
    V3man-magnificently-chinese-style-velvet-chinese-tunic-suit-male-stand-collar-gold-velvet-suit-velvet-suit.jpg

In short: I think S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is BACK with a BANG ;-)!

I'm pretty sure this revived S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is way more powerful and effective than Quantum ever was :-P.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,208
    FYI in the second picture above I posted, all the vehicles are in front of the Marriott hotel, at the beginning of Westminster Bridge, Ralph and Naomie filmed at the same place a couple of weeks ago.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,169
    And the dots are all over his face, not just one tiny spot!
    Was there a picture showing the left side of his face? Where?
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,169
    "Apparently these are the scenes
    after a helicopter is shot down crashing onto Westminster Bridge"
    https://twitter.com/CeeShadowmuur/status/607686122165170178/video/1
    CG71--6WcAA3RQT.jpg