The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Just got me "The Winter Soldier". 10 € for the DVD was a bargain I could not resist.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Zardoz (1974) - Limited Edition Blu-ray (Region A).

There's no other Sean Connery flick quite like it...
    I saw that one in the theatre with people all around me smoking weed. Quite an experience...
    :-O
    Just snagged a Blu Ray of Flashpoint Paradox. \:D/
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I saw that one in the theatre with people all around me smoking weed. Quite an experience...
    :-O
    Definitely one of the top "stoner" films of the 1970s!

ZARDOZ is a love it or hate it movie -- very little middle ground there.

Multiple viewings are rewarding, as there's a lot to pick up on... Even so, despite the extremely surreal presentation, the plot/story is actually quite straightforward.

But yeah, the best way to watch it is while stoned...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    300-RISE OF AN EMPIRE

It was a bargain, and I enjoyed it in the cinema.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Just snagged a Blu Ray of Flashpoint Paradox. \:D/

Really enjoyed Flashpoint... It does not pull its punches, I like New52 and this is a good lead into it. Quite a few are not keen on New52 though as the last 75 years plus has shown, properties need to change in order to evolve and keep going.

Jonah Hex on Bluray, not seen this film yet.

Jonah Hex is a classic. Most badass character ever.
    Jonah Hex is a classic. Most badass character ever.
    Still not had chance to watch it, only time I have come across the character was in The Batman Animated Series. Thought the character was great in the show.

Just bought...

On DVD...

Campaign

On Bluray...

The Usual Suspects
    Conan the Destroyer
    Tintin Secret of the Unicorn
    Watchmen - Tales of the Black Freighter
    Iron Man 3

And Diamonds are forever Soundtrack, which I have never owned on any format.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The hobbit: battle of the 5 armies. This trilogy was entertaining enough but pales enormously compared to TLOTR.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The hobbit: battle of the 5 armies. This trilogy was entertaining enough but pales enormously compared to TLOTR.

Agree, though did find the extended version of Desolation of Smaug a big improvement over the theatrical release. Was disappointed with Battle of five Armies, think the final film was based on about four pages of the book. Hope the extended version adds something to the final film.

• edited May 2015 Posts: 7,653
    The Hobbit: Battle of the five armies
    Gravity
    Just bought All five seasons of X Men animated series, was going cheap on Amazon could not resist. Its the show with the Phoenix Saga arc.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Just purchased Planet of the Apes 5 movie Collectors Edition on Bluray. Already own Rise and Dawn so opted for this set, plus not a fan of Burtons film which is not included in this set. This set appears packed with extras on the five disks, really looking forward to revisiting these films on this format.

Set includes the first five feature films...
    Planet of the Apes
    Beneath the Planet of the Apes
    Escape from the planet of the Apes
    Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
    Battle for the Planet of the Apes
    Just purchased Planet of the Apes 5 movie Collectors Edition on Bluray. Already own Rise and Dawn so opted for this set, plus not a fan of Burtons film which is not included in this set. This set appears packed with extras on the five disks, really looking forward to revisiting these films on this format.

Planet of the Apes
    Niiiiice.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Batman Subzero and Batman Year One.

Planet of the Apes
    Niiiiice.

£15 from Amazon bargain! The films have never looked better, highly recommend.

Dirty Harry on Blu Ray
    Bluray:
    The Hobbit trilogy
    Lincoln
    Kingdom of Heaven [directors cut]
    Black Swan
    Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SaintMark, you should've been patient and went with the (inevitable) extended trilogy for 'The Hobbit'! As much as I didn't care for TBOTFA, I still plan on picking up the extended trilogy to see if the entire story flows together and somehow helps the final film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SaintMark, you should've been patient and went with the (inevitable) extended trilogy for 'The Hobbit'! As much as I didn't care for TBOTFA, I still plan on picking up the extended trilogy to see if the entire story flows together and somehow helps the final film.

I will, but after 15 years my Pioneer home-cinema system went into retirement and I bought a new blurayhome-cinema system and I allowed the kids to pick a movie and the youngest one was the smart one and picked the Hobbit and sold it as one movie {and it was on sale]. The oldest one loves JCS the musical and movie, and the dvd was kinda knackered.
    The 6th day revisiting Arnies post 1990 movies.
    Y'know, that wasn't at all a bad movie.

Been some time since I watched it, remember ranking it above the likes of End of Days and the delayed Collateral Damage. Remember it being more fun than those two films.

Been some time since I watched it, remember ranking it above the likes of End of Days and the delayed Collateral Damage. Remember it being more fun than those two films.
    What it had going against it when it came out was a slight similarity to Total Recall I think.
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Blu Ray. My sad American DVD was just too crappy.
    I never double dip, but I couldn't pass up this deal: I just bought the GE blu-ray steelbook for only $14. I'm in heaven right now.
    Bluray:
    Parker
    Die Hard 5
    Alien anthology
    KICK-ASS 2

This film kicks ass.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Been buying movies I used to watch when younger. Recently, I've bought Dark Angel, Marked Or Death, Nico, Out For Justice and a Brandon Lee effort called Laser Mission.
    Been buying movies I used to watch when younger. Recently, I've bought Dark Angel, Marked Or Death, Nico, Out For Justice and a Brandon Lee effort called Laser Mission.

'Marked For Death'? 'Out For Justice'? And I can only assume if you've bought those, then 'Nico' is also known as 'Above The Law'? I feel like I'm talking to myself, those are classic Seagal choices that I watched back to back to back many a time when I was a young boy!