The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    patb wrote: »
    Star Trek 2 and 6 on Bluray, I figured Spock deserved to be seen in the highest resolution :-)
    Agreed. And I just got The Motion Picture on Blu Ray. I actually prefer the Director's Cut, but it was remastered in 420, so it can't get a BR edition.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,432
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Game of Death Platinum Edition - The original Bruce Lee footage is worth waiting for in this posthumous patch up of movie. Some of John Barry's score is pretty decent, notably the main theme.
    Barry made this patch work better than it should have been...

It is a terrible movie for most part, on disk two you can exclusively watch the Lee footage thankfully. Forgot how much this film is in bad taste eg showing Lee funeral as a plot point. Though there is very little plot, some bizarre foreshadowing when they use the end shot from Fist of Fury/Chinese Connection when who ever is impersonating Lee at the time gets shot in the face, whilst shooting a scene in a film studio. @-)
    Game of Death Platinum Edition - The original Bruce Lee footage is worth waiting for in this posthumous patch up of movie.
    Seek out the 40 or so minute edit of footage from the way the original movie was to have been made. It is awesome. Had Lee managed to complete this film the way it should have been (read the synopsis) then this would have been his masterwork. A cinematic version of Jeet Kun Do, it is such a shame that when it was completed it was such botched job.

Agree is a shame when you think of what Lee would have gone on to achieve, owned different versions of the film previously on video and DVD. Hoping to get all his films and archive material on Bluray.
    Seek out the 40 or so minute edit of footage from the way the original movie was to have been made. It is awesome.
    Yes, they did a great job of re-assembling it. It gives a great look at what might have been...

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,438
    5znvy9.jpg
    BD: Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) (3D/2D version of the movie on 1 Bluray)
    DVD: My Life Without Me (2003)

Movie releated: Soundtrack Score of Jungle Book (1967) - re-release from 2006.
    Law & Order Criminal intent seasons 6, 7, 8, 9
    Godzilla2014 - Despite negative reviews, personally think there some moments of true genius in this Movie.

On DVD...
    Mean Streets special edition.
    Smallville all ten series box set.
    Braveheart special edition.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,874
    Guilt is my Shadow (1950) An Associated British Picture Corporation Ltd Production - [Network Distribution - The British Film] DVD.
    Death is a Woman (1966) An Associated British-Pathe Ltd Production - [Network Distribution - The British Film] DVD
    Get Smart [2008] and I just watched it.

I loved the movie, and I don't know why I haven't seen it before..

I love movies like this. Nice humour and charm and great action. I like movies like this or 21/22 Jump Street, Kingsman or other movies that I can't quite remember at the time (Penguins of Madagascar comes to mind as well)

I haven't seen the series but I just found out Mel Brooks was the creator of it so it must be funny. It's probably dated by now, but still..

I probably missed some references to the series (and I am sure there were few..) but overall I really liked the movie, and I think they missed a chance of making a sequel few years after it, it is too late to make one now...but whatever, it works as a stand alone movie as well.

Anne Hathaway is definition of gorgeous in my bood and Steve Carrell was great in this movie as he usually is.

I hope Anne Hathaway will be a part of a Bond movie some day.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Just a couple of my favorites

5075_large.jpg

53932_large.jpg
    Just a couple of my favorites

5075_large.jpg

53932_large.jpg

My two favourite non-science fiction Blu Rays! DN, FRWL & YOLT are also great, but these two rock harder than most IMHO.
    Star Trek - The Animated Series Box set. Not watched these since childhood, they are very good.
    The Last Samurai
    Underworld - Rise of the Lycans
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
    Cowboys and Aliens.
    All three Dumb and Dumber movies.
    Batman Sub Zero and Batman Beyond the movie.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,526
    Whiplash and Birdman on DVD for my friends birthday. Whiplash is absolutely bloody brilliant and everyone should see it.
    The Fast & the furious 6
    Tarzan animated 2013
    Platoon
    Space Battleship Yamato, the 2010 live action movie based on the old anime. We've been watching the 2012 'updated' Yamato 2199 anime series, and I wondered if this movie would be worth watching as we are on a Yamoto kick at the moment, and I took a look at the first ten minutes and WOW is this cool! It won't be able to replace the awesome anime, but it will serve as a good companion piece to it.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,438
    18 March:
    BD:Fantasia 2000 (1999) - 2 disc set (BD/DVD)
    26 March:
    BD: Les Misérables (2012) - 2 disc Limited CE digibook (BD/DVD)

30 March:
    BD: Green Lantern (2011) - 2 disc 3D edition (3D + 2D)
    BD: The Monuments Men (2014)
    BD: What If (2013)
    BD: The Rum Diary (2011)
    BD: In the Land of Blood and Honey (2011)

Video (December 2014 and February / March 2015) [url="

Today (April 1st.):

DVD: The Three Next Days (2010) - 2 disc SE
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, blu-ray. Love the Apes franchise and have all the films, and enjoy each to varying degrees.
    BD:
    Stoker (2013)
    Delivery Man (2013)
    Biutiful (2010) - Steelbook edition.

Movie releated: Soundtrack of The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) by Alexandre Desplat.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 6,432
    On Bluray...

Star Trek First Contact
    Star Trek The Undiscovered Country
    Spiderman Trilogy Steelbook
    Batman Assault on Arkham

DVD...

The Ward
    Riddick
    Sabotage
    Thought this Arnie vehicle was reasonably good, not great by any stretch tough better than what I expected.
    Amadeus: Director's Cut. Blu-ray.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Ordered some films of one of my favorite directors, Johnnie To:

PTU
    Breaking News
    Longest Nite
    Running out of Time
    Fulltime Killer
    Election 1 and 2
    The Mission
    Predator Trilogy on blu-ray. Thee films on blu-ray for £7.99 and none of the awful AvP films - what's not to like? Haven't seen Predator 2, so hope it worth a watch.
    Yesterday bought the 2 disc SE dvd of Resident Evil 2 to complete Trilogy.
    As happend with the third movie, the BD missing the bonus material. With this second movie the BD also have video image problems. All three movies on dvd also include DTS track.

1002004000116905.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The last Hobbit film, mostly for my son. Not a big fan of this trilogy, although the third was much better than the first two.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,438
    KINGSDAY-2015-ITEMS-HEADER-675x500.png

Kingsday 2015:

DVD: RED (2010) - 2 disc Limited Edition Steelbook
    1002004009597026.jpg
    BD: Sea Monsters 3D (Anaglyph 3D) with 3D effect sleeve (Anaglyph 3D and 2D version on 1 Bluray)
    Soundtrack CD: Thomas Newman - Jarhead (2005)
    DVD: Chocolat (2000)
    On DVD...
    Doom

On Bluray...

Cloud Atlas

The Hobbit Battle of five Armies
    Lupin the 3rd...
    The Fuma Conspiracy
    Dead Or Alive
    Crisis In Tokyo

After seeing Miyazaki's Castle of Cagliostro we decided to see the best of this crazy character Lupin in other movies.
    :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Inherent Vice
    The Last Of Robin Hood
    Bandidas
    A Deadly Game

And a tripple bill of Charles Bronson films...
    Cold Sweat
    The Evil That Men Do
    Mr. Majestyk
    Zardoz (1974) - Limited Edition Blu-ray (Region A).

There's no other Sean Connery flick quite like it...