SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hopefully her part in the movie is reduced during the editing process.

They don't have to reduce her part in the editing process.
    It's not that big in SPECTRE. She's less in the movie than in Skyfall.

This is extremely reassuring. Thank you for putting my needless worries (which reappeared once I heard her voice in the trailer) to rest once and for all.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 5,745
    So nobody on here has caught this, but the guy in this video brings up a good point:

In FRWL, Blofeld demonstrates the strategy of SPECTRE with two fighting fish. He explains how he pits the two groups against each other until one is the victor, but weakened by battle. Then the now-weakened group is easier to overcome, and he feeds the victorious fish to his cat.

We know SPECTRE will feature a struggling MI6 being taken over by MI5, headed by the questionable C. Is it perhaps a SPECTRE plot to take out MI6, and in the process distract and even weaken MI5 and British Defense to make it easier for the "master plan"?
    I've just read a review of the Spooks (Mi-5 In the US) movie and found one part slightly familiar- I'll put it in Spoiler tag for those who are going to see it-
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s120/spooks/review/a644342/spooks-the-greater-good-review-harry-pearce-still-knows-a-trick-or-two.html
    Harry believes that someone's trying to take apart the agency from the inside, tear it down so it can be merged with the CIA and become a transatlantic security force.
    whilst I know the connection is minimal and it's a stretch, I hope people don't say one copied the idea of the other - even though they're filmed and released in the same year. I can see a few less iqed individuals saying that.
    The latest clapperboard confuses me. In the script scene 136 is inside the train in Morocco, but:
    OKgGYUR.jpg
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 203
    did they do some major re-writes on the 3rd act? those look like guns mounted on the bike.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I think they are shooting the interior of the train scene and there is Q's lab set up, so they mixed the two thing
    I think they re-located the scene in the italian restaurant with Q, Moneypenny und M to Q's lab. In the leaked script it's scene 135, and now it would be 136.
    Or maybe they added a scene after the restaurant scene.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 203
    As MI6 previously reported, local news media are confirming that the Bond crew will touch down in Morocco in June.
    They are touting the arrival of principal cast including Monica Bellucci, Léa Seydoux and Christoph Waltz.

huh?!?what is Monica Belucci doing in Morroco? has her character been changed back to Irma Bunt 1.0?
    mnhettia wrote: »
    huh?!?what is Monica Belucci doing in Morroco? has her character been changed back to Irma Bunt 1.0?
    I doubt it, we know from scenes filmed that she is still the Lucia Sciarra from both scripts - the Irma Bunt character was a separate entity in the earlier draft

JCRendle wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »
    I doubt it, we know from scenes filmed that she is still the Lucia Sciarra from both scripts - the Irma Bunt character was a separate entity in the earlier draft

Things change. Filmmaking is not stuck in stone, a production is, sometimes, far more fluid than many people might think.
    so i guess monica is sticking around until the end of the movie. i for one am happy about it. maybe in bond 25 they might reveal her real name as 'irma bunt'.
    I think, IF the will be in Morocco, she only will be there to do press work.
    Remember: Bautista, Waltz and Co. were in Mexico, too. But just for the press.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Given what we know from the leaks, and what we can read on other threads here, in your opinion, what are the "real big surprises" left that will surprise those who want to remain spoiler free but are exposed to all the "official spoiler" stuff ? And in your opinion, what will be revealed later by "Sony-show-everything" during the promotion ?

For instance, I think no one outside this thread realizes yet the MI6 building will feature in SPECTRE in such an important way (if the script is filmed as it is), that's it's not shown just once for the sake of continuity with SF. And I really wonder if they'll show part of this last act in the promotion before the release. I think that for the needs of a trailer, this last act is so inferior to other action scenes, that it won't be used, and that it may stay a surprise until the very end.

Also, the "George Orwell theme" is not hinted anywhere yet. It's all over the script, but it's nowhere to be found in the promotion material yet. And I think it's so touchy (in particular in the UK if I understand well), that it may not be used at all in the future promotion material.
    She won't be in Marocco. Only speculation
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    What scene are they filming here???
    CElSIc9WEAAM4n3.jpg:large
    On the shooting script that I have the scenes are omitted. I am thankful there will be things we do not know going in!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    On the shooting script that I have the scenes are omitted. I am thankful there will be things we do not know going in!

Mmm... very strange. I haven't got a clue, where it is and what scene it is.
    Hmm... looks like scene 173A. Old MI6 building underground.
    Zekidk wrote: »

@Zekidk I thought of that too
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Just read about the qt comment by Bond in the production thread.

I don't mean homophobic at all but does Mendes and Craig not realize that Bond himself is largely homophobic? ..not making any judgement nor trying to sound homophobic or whatever ...but is there any fear that lines like that will alienate Bond's traditional audience?

• edited May 2015 Posts: 1,552
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    ...but is there any fear that lines like that will alienate Bond's traditional audience?
    Bond's traditional audience are homophobic?

Where abouts is the qt line anyway? I don't remember it.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 108

I don't mean homophobic at all but does Mendes and Craig not realize that Bond himself is largely homophobic? ..not making any judgement nor trying to sound homophobic or whatever ...but is there any fear that lines like that will alienate Bond's traditional audience?

Britain of the 1950s was a largely homophobic world and parts of Fleming's writing reflects that. The Bond films are set in the here and now, it would be very odd if Bond held nasty attitudes that were only conventional in a time from well before he was born.

There are instances of revolting racism too in the books, I don't think Bond of the films should indulge in that either.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Britain of the 1950s was a largely homophobic world and parts of Fleming's writing reflects that. The Bond films are set in the here and now, it would be very odd if Bond held nasty attitudes that were only conventional in a time from well before he was born.

There are instances of revolting racism too in the books, I don't think Bond of the films should indulge in that either.

True and I agree. I really don't want to give the wrong impression ...

Thanks
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

@Zekidk I thought of that too
    I can't figure where those boats figure. That scene seem seems to be right out of the blue ie added to the leaked script.

I think they are playing with us with the scenes numbers. That should be Q's HQ entrance
    I have some exclusive photos from the Austria filming. If anyone wants to see please private message me. :)
    @aaron819 check your messages!
  • I think they are playing with us with the scenes numbers. That should be Q's HQ entrance

In the October script, Moneypenny goes investigating in the basement of the old MI6 building at Vauxhall Cross whilst Bond is out of the country. This new clapper board photo looks very like the way the basement there is described in the December script, when Bond is there at the end. I'd say that this might show that the Moneypenny scene has returned to the film.
    Based on this week's Thames shooting, it looks like the clapperboard photo is showing us where Bond and Swann get their boat to make their escape from the Mi6 building about to go boom.
    Yeah, more like 177 than 77