SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• aaron819 wrote: »
    Here's what was seen in the footage:

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/23/spectre-cinemacon-footage/

*have a look at the last 2 paragraphs, I think that will be included in the new trailer

At least it's something after all the SW trailer buzz. Some thoughts:

1) Why Moneypenny says "what you did in Mexico was too much" when he was just doing his job of stopping Marco Sciarra from what he was about to do? People deaths involved? Or just diplomatic issues?
    2) It is easy to assume the video message Bond received is from M (Dench) and the man she talks about is Oberhauser
    3) I think the woman Bond pushes against the wall is Lucia Sciarra, maybe when they're staying in Villa Fiorano in Rome?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 3,169
    antovolk wrote: »
    Moneypenny/Bond apartment scene was shown at CinemaCon - big spoiler I presume is Judi Dench M cameo

"He then asks Moneypenny to operate as a mole for him within MI6, specifically to do a bit of research about a name that he heard in Mexico: The Pale King."

IIRC, in the latest script he tells Moneypenny to research The Pale King during the car chase in Rome, but now it's in the scene in the apartment?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 832
    "If you don't leave now we'll die together, Mr...?" He responds, "Bond. James Bond." I kinda liked what was in the december draft "then you must be crazy mr.?" "Bond. James bond" Hopefully it was just a cut or something
    Bingo. This site has the full spoiler description. http://io9.com/weve-seen-the-first-spectre-footage-and-know-whats-happ-1699638685

Thought it would take about 2-3 hours. It will be everywhere, as EON knew it would, by tomorrow. Mendes' warning thousands of people to not talk about the spoiler was a little bit too cute for my liking.

• edited April 2015 Posts: 161
    smitty wrote: »
    Bingo. This site has the full spoiler description. http://io9.com/weve-seen-the-first-spectre-footage-and-know-whats-happ-1699638685

Thought it would take about 2-3 hours. It will be everywhere, as EON knew it would, by tomorrow. Mendes' warning thousands of people to not talk about the spoiler was a little bit too cute for my liking.

So M was talking about Sciarra, not Oberhauser. Thus the video was mailed to Bond's apartment before the PTS in Mexico.

Yes, but they come to wrong conclusions.
    M isn't referring to her funeral, but Marco Sciarras.

And how the author talks about "the woman with the strong accent", it's clear to me, that he has not followed anything closely the last 6 months. Otherwise he would have said it was Monica Belluci.
    Looks like different dialogue will be used in the scene with Bond and Moneypenny in Bond's flat. This article states that Moneypenny refers to Bond's Skyfall possessions as "Your package", which is different than the script.
    A ringing sound starts and 007 makes his way over to the door, where he finds Moneypenny (Naomie Harris) standing in the hallway with a box. She calls the mysterious parcel "your delivery," hands it over to Bond, and follows him into his apartment. Though she says that she can’t stay long, it quickly becomes clear that she’s not only there to hand over a package.
    The new dialogue in this scene better not in any way have MP berating Bond. At least Judy D. was M and even that constant berating got old. If I have to listen to Naomie Harris as MP berate Craig's Bond anywhere in SP, I swear I will kick our dog. Mendes has inflated Harris' role as MP and his exaggerated use of her in the trailers is all kinds of wrong. Harris and Craig have no chemistry at all and actually I would like to see a scene where Bond gets to berate MP for her incompetence.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Trust me, I know how Mendes will approach something like this. My guess is he will have a plan in mind.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I have to respectfully disagree about the chemistry between Bond and Moneypenny; I think they have chemistry but also a line that will never be crossed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I saw chemistry too.
    I swear I will kick our dog.
    Odd turn of phrase, not a particularly good example of your character here.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Yes please don't punish the pooch.
    Although if new MP starts barking at Bond, train the dog to bark back at the screen and drown her out.

:o3
    JCRendle wrote: »

Oh come on. I'm joking. I love our old lab. But he's tough, and if I did ever kick him, he'd gnaw my ankle off.

timmer wrote: »
    Yes please don't punish the pooch.
    Although if new MP starts barking at Bond, train the dog to bark back at the screen and drown her out.

:o3

You know, I just don't know why Naomie Harris's MP just rubs me the wrong way. She is certainly a very competent actress and all, but I just don't like seeing the MP role become so major. And before any posters come down on me for being hard on her because she is black, I'm fine with having a black MP, as it does make Bond more modern. I just don't like Harris in the role. I'll try to shut up about it and wait till I see the film before I whine about her again.

Oh come on. I'm joking. I love our old lab. But he's tough, and if I did ever kick him, he'd gnaw my ankle off.
    I apologise, it just rubs me the wrong way when people joke about that kinds of thing.

Damn, I was hoping to check here once I got home from work and see that someone had found a video link about this like they did with that new Star Wars - Rogue 1 teaser.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2015 Posts: 7,981

Smitty said:

"You know, I just don't know why Naomie Harris's MP just rubs me the wrong way. "

I can understand; it is preferable to be rubbed the right way!
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Yes, as much as it pains me, I'll try to contain my griping till after the film is released.
    Hard to find good MP's.
    My second favourite MP is actually Pamela Salem from NSNA.
    Haven't been too thrilled with any of the other 3 successors, ie Bliss, Bond or Harris.
    I think Bliss was the only badly cast MP. Bond worked for Brosnan's era (virtual reality DAD aside).
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think Bliss was the only badly cast MP. Bond worked for Brosnan's era (virtual reality DAD aside).

'Virtual Reality DAD' sounds like a low-rate family comedy. With Kevin James.

• edited April 2015 Posts: 1,310
    Although I am a fan of Skyfall, I admit that I felt Harris' performance was a bit forced almost throughout.

"Then you better keep moving." -- There seriously wasn't a better take of that line?
    The only problem I had with Harris was the VW Beetles line.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And that had more to do with shameless product placement rather than Harris herself.
    Right, I don't hold that against her. I wish it was omitted.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    The only problem I had with Harris was the VW Beetles line.
    Just put on your earmuffs.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    The new dialogue in this scene better not in any way have MP berating Bond. At least Judy D. was M and even that constant berating got old. If I have to listen to Naomie Harris as MP berate Craig's Bond anywhere in SP, I swear I will kick our dog. Mendes has inflated Harris' role as MP and his exaggerated use of her in the trailers is all kinds of wrong. Harris and Craig have no chemistry at all and actually I would like to see a scene where Bond gets to berate MP for her incompetence.

I just stopped by here after some time to see what's going on.

I regrettably have to agree with the above concerns, but sadly don't have a dog to kick in the event it occurs, and can't condone cruelty to animals.

Harris' MP is one of the major disappointments of the Craig era for me so far. That along with Dench M's constant scolding of Bond. It worked during Lee's era imo because it came across as a seasoned veteran berating an overconfident, arrogant whippersnapper. In Dench's case it just appeared like motherly parental chiding (and they even made an all too knowing joke out of this in both SF/QoS with the "mommy"/"mother" line). Now that Dench is gone, if they have to find a replacement to put 007 in his place from time to time, I'd rather it be Fienne's M than Harris' MP.

So far I did not appreciate her voiceover for the trailer, which already sounds like an all too knowing 'put down' ("something you can't tell anyone, because you don't trust anyone").

I'll get over it I'm sure, but I'm not happy about her expanded role in the trailer as well. Hopefully her part in the movie is reduced during the editing process.

MP rant over......for now.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I understand neither of you two read the script.
    Don't worry about these things
    SJK91 wrote: »
    Although I am a fan of Skyfall, I admit that I felt Harris' performance was a bit forced almost throughout.

"Then you better keep moving." -- There seriously wasn't a better take of that line?

You don't like the line or the delivery of it ? I thought both were fine to be honest.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hopefully her part in the movie is reduced during the editing process.

They don't have to reduce her part in the editing process.
    It's not that big in SPECTRE. She's less in the movie than in Skyfall.