Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• edited April 2015 Posts: 4,813
    CDbu9Y7W0AAJFWK.jpg

Here's another look at The Joker- I don't notice the tattoos here- the only tattoo I didn't care for was the one on his forehead. Other than that I like the look very much.

I like the teeth-- it shows lots of history. Who do you think knocked them out (multiple times)? Good ol' Batfleck!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Is he a child?
    Not keen on the new Joker look, would remove the tattoos straight away. Could just be a promo image that has been over exaggerated i hope.

Watched Assault on Arkham recently, on a positive note it was good, and read that The Suicide Squad film will look to draw from that source material.
    Hoping joker is in Squad and a brief cameo in Affleck's batman film I can't begin to say I will take any Villain over the joker ANY VILLAIN
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Leto is a brilliant actor and his look is interesting. People shat all over Ledger at both his casting and his look at first and look what happened. I'm optimistic.
    Photoshopped- what a difference!!! And quite possibly close to what we'll see- as I doubt Joker will be shirtless for most of the movie.

Leto-Joker-in-purpole1.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,441
    The first 17-18 seconds of the trailer sounds like music of Spectre trailer. Also that first voice sound like Joker from TDK. The plot soundintresting, i must think about one of the two elements of what i think be terrible truth. This can be problem if not big part of Spectre told the story yet. So this look more promising help Bond then TDK/Skyfall.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How confusing. If it wasn't how Leto will look in the film, why show it and get fans upset? Sharing an image of Leto in full Joker garb as he will actually appear in the film would have been just as great a tribute to Joker's 75 years as whatever this was.
    I liked the tattoos honestly
    I thought he looked awesome to be honest! Was not sure as to what we would get seeing what an ever lasting impression Heath Ledger had left upon us all.
    Sounds like damage control! Pun intended.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nah, I don't think so. They started filming a bit before that photo released, so if they say Joker doesn't look like that in the movie, then they're telling the truth. If they were just trying to appease fans after the lukewarm response to Joker's look they'd have to scrap the footage and start fresh or find some way to alter it because of the complaints, options that aren't economical or plausible.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Jack Nicholson reacts to Jared Leto as the Joker.

First they said the Joker will be muscular like Bane, then they post some obscure fotos. Looks like they try to make a secret out of his looks.
    I can't tell if Jack is happy or sad. ;)
    Coldfinger wrote: »
    I think that James Bond vs Batman would be a better fight if it came down to it. Batman is just a lame version of James Bond but his gadgets are more over the top. Superman vs Batman though? Batman better be packing a gun with kryptonite bullets. Will they actually fight though ? They will probably wind up teaming up together to achieve a common goal of defeating some evil force they have baked up.

You do realize that Batman pre-dates the cinematic Bond by a good two decades, right?

As for the Batman v. Superman debate, you just wait and see how Bruce floors the Man of Steel next year. They don't call him the master tactician for nothing.

I never mentioned anything about which came first. I'm simply stating that Batman (who is a human) has zero chance to harm Superman in a fair fight. Which makes me wonder if a 'fight' even happens. Do you think Batman would stoop to using Kryptonite vs Superman though ?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Do you think Batman would stoop to using Kryptonite vs Superman though ?
    He did in The Dark Knight Returns which a lot of this film will be based on.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Zack Snyder said that Kryptonite doesn't exist in the Man of Steel-verse, so, we'll just have to see.
    I think that James Bond vs Batman would be a better fight if it came down to it. Batman is just a lame version of James Bond but his gadgets are more over the top. Superman vs Batman though? Batman better be packing a gun with kryptonite bullets. Will they actually fight though ? They will probably wind up teaming up together to achieve a common goal of defeating some evil force they have baked up.

You do realize that Batman pre-dates the cinematic Bond by a good two decades, right?

As for the Batman v. Superman debate, you just wait and see how Bruce floors the Man of Steel next year. They don't call him the master tactician for nothing.

I never mentioned anything about which came first. I'm simply stating that Batman (who is a human) has zero chance to harm Superman in a fair fight. Which makes me wonder if a 'fight' even happens. Do you think Batman would stoop to using Kryptonite vs Superman though ?

You implied that Batman was a lesser version of Bond, when in actuality he was around way before 007 so much as shot off a PPK. Anywho...

I love how Batman would be "stooping" in some way by using a tactical approach in taking down Superman. Doesn't make much sense to view it that way really, and besides, all's fair in the arena of war.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Zack Snyder said that Kryptonite doesn't exist in the Man of Steel-verse, so, we'll just have to see.

I think he might've meant he wasn't going to introduce it early on, but that it could appear later. I'm sure it exists in the universe; it has to. You need Superman to have some weakness after all. Hell, even with it he's so, so dull.

I think he might've meant he wasn't going to introduce it early on, but that it could appear later. I'm sure it exists in the universe; it has to. You need Superman to have some weakness after all. Hell, even with it he's so, so dull.

Either that, or everybody gets something that creates the Kryptonian atmosphere, like Zod's world engine, or ship.
    this is a fan manip
    Well, it's a mighty good one!
    Here's a great full body shot of Ben in the suit:

batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.jpg
    That looks amazing
    The suit looks fantastic, but that pic makes him look like a sulking kid.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Y'know, I think I've pretty much lost all interest in any movies DC will be serving up. This whole dark costume thing has me tired. And the dark tone. If I want 'dark' I'll watch The Crow. For superhero movies... well, make mine Marvel.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: DC is being too ambitious with properties untested outside the comic book page. Marvel waited until Phase Two of their cinematic universe was almost over before announcing big plans, big plans that they know may not succeed, so they're taking small steps. DC is expecting Avengers-level payouts with a relative unknown (outside the comics) like Shazam. And then they have things like a Flash movie potentially going while CW's Flash TV series is still running, possibly mucking up the works with confusion. DC wants what Marvel has, but they assume taking twice as many risks will double the payout. That doesn't always work.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Y'know, I think I've pretty much lost all interest in any movies DC will be serving up. This whole dark costume thing has me tired. And the dark tone. If I want 'dark' I'll watch The Crow. For superhero movies... well, make mine Marvel.

Dark costume? It's just like the one from the comics, as is the gritty tone. I thought you'd be through the roof with this. Marvel's going to be getting darker in tone too soon, so I don't think you'll find too much sanctuary on that side.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: DC is being too ambitious with properties untested outside the comic book page. Marvel waited until Phase Two of their cinematic universe was almost over before announcing big plans, big plans that they know may not succeed, so they're taking small steps. DC is expecting Avengers-level payouts with a relative unknown (outside the comics) like Shazam. And then they have things like a Flash movie potentially going while CW's Flash TV series is still running, possibly mucking up the works with confusion. DC wants what Marvel has, but they assume taking twice as many risks will double the payout. That doesn't always work.

I don't like how either Marvel or DC are doing it. I hate how both have outlined their superhero films clear till 2020, for two big reasons. One, things could go wrong between now and then that alters everything about that line-up-actors change, a movie fails to meet public expectations, filmmakers depart-and two, it ruins the surprise of what is to come for us fans. I'd like to get teased about figures like Black Panther, Miss Marvel and Dr. Strange in the films themselves instead of having their solo adventures uncovered in a few unsatisfying seconds at some press junket.

Sony does this too. When the Spider-Man reboot launched they'd already had the date for the sequel lined up, and the same with number three and the numerous spin-off films before two was wrapped up, as if they never saw a possible screw-up on the horizon. In this case, that exact thing happened-the franchise was scrapped and left in the dust after underwhelming returns and the continued displeasure of the audience.