SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Even if there was a new videoblog, it would be this:

*cue Arnold "The name's Bond, James Bond."

MENDES: "Creating Bond movies are especially difficult; there are many locations, different factors, and this time around we're really focusing on the story. Bond is more prominent than ever."

- Shots of behind the scenes of the Day of the Dead scene, Helicopter
    - Sam talking to Daniel
    - Makeup Artists

Michael Lerman shouting: "Three, two, one ACTION"

- Many action shots behind the scenes

Random song change to "Welcome to Scotland" action bit.

- Various random interviews with the actors

Daniel: "I still have to pinch myself when I go to work in an Aston Martin

• edited April 2015 Posts: 4,619
    Yesterday I had a dream about watching Spectre. The movie was very well made, but incredibly boring. :-S It was beautifully shot, had great costumes, the whole thing looked like a beautiful painting, but the whole movie was philosophical dialogue after philosophical dialogue. No action, no character development, just Bond talking to various people about existentialism and other philosophical topics. @-)
    Yesterday I had a dream about watching Spectre. The movie was very well made, but incredibly boring. :-S It was beautifully shot, had great costumes, the whole thing looked like a beautiful painting, but the whole movie was philosophical dialogue after philosophical dialogue. No action, no character development, just Bond talking to various people about existentialism and other philosophical topics. @-)

tumblr_mdejfxGJYJ1qa4nngo1_500.gif
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883

At the end of the day, it's just going to be a "bloody big" film. That's all I expect to see. Nothing more.
    bondjames wrote: »

At the end of the day, it's just going to be a "bloody big" film. That's all I expect to see. Nothing more.

Have you read the script?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »

Have you read the script?

No. Just a play on words to accompany your GIF file.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    News! we need some news! ;)
    Things will be quiet till July is my guess
    Till Morocco with maybe one bloody blog in between. This is ridiculous.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    How so? We're lucky to get what we do. I look forward to blogs, imagines, reports etc as much as the next fan, but it's a bit much getting angry at them for not giving us anything - they treat us fans well, they haven't been forced to send clapperboard photos and vlogs, they do it because they want to and they appreciate our fandom, asking any more of them is disrespectful.

I feel as though any news from the filming at Pinewood would most probably be bad news. I won't mind a quiet period if it means all things are still go.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    How so? We're lucky to get what we do. I look forward to blogs, imagines, reports etc as much as the next fan, but it's a bit much getting angry at them for not giving us anything - they treat us fans well, they haven't been forced to send clapperboard photos and vlogs, they do it because they want to and they appreciate our fandom, asking any more of them is disrespectful.

Quite. Some bizarre, entitled attitudes in here. Who says they have to post anything, ever? They occasionally give out some stuff for free, and of course we get complaints that we're not getting enough free stuff. Besides, anyone who wants to see filming from Rome or Mexico can do so, there's plenty of fan footage available.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Next news/photos probably from May 17th (helicopter scenes in London/ Thamse/ Westminister)

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    lino99 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Next news/photos probably from May 17th (helicopter scenes in London/ Thamse/ Westminister)
    Yep. That's next on the list.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    I feel as though any news from the filming at Pinewood would most probably be bad news. I won't mind a quiet period if it means
    all things are still go.

Totally. No news is sometimes good news. With all the mess over the leaks, the crew injuries in Austria, and then Craig's injury and surgery, all the kinds of news that the press loves to inflate and twist around, maybe no news is a very good thing as they are working hard to get the big beast done.

Well, they were very capable AND willing to share A LOT with us during QOS. Its nice, if you guys are so easily satisfied, but for me the filming process is almost more interesting and exciting then the final movie. That is over in 2 hours. Well WAS. This is very disappointing. Rome and Brasil was mostly car chases and costumes walking the streets, with Rome getting the better end. Where are behind the scenes interviews and featurettes like in QOS? Clapperboards are boring to me.

So, get it on, tear me apart, but thats my opinion and my right to voice it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mexico not brasil.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, the less we know, the more exciting the film becomes. Like the old times, the interviews and featurettes are better off as special features on home videos.
    Well, the less we know, the more exciting the film becomes. Like the old times, the interviews and featurettes are better off as special features on home videos.

Thats where we differ. But however that might be, we cant change it.

Yeah, Mexico. Sorry, I just woke up.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That said, we still have to get "deleted scenes" from the past two entries. That's what I'm frustrated about. But, that's a different story.

Well, they were very capable AND willing to share A LOT with us during QOS. Its nice, if you guys are so easily satisfied, but for me the filming process is almost more interesting and exciting then the final movie. That is over in 2 hours. Well WAS. This is very disappointing. Rome and Brasil was mostly car chases and costumes walking the streets, with Rome getting the better end. Where are behind the scenes interviews and featurettes like in QOS? Clapperboards are boring to me.

So, get it on, tear me apart, but thats my opinion and my right to voice it.
    Perhaps they learned from QOS that lots of news during shooting creaes lots of false hopes and wishes, leading to disappointment and inaptitude to see the film as what it is ;-).
    I doubt that. I think, they believe in Spectre. Whatever...boring is putting it nicely. :((
  • I believe QOS was promoted a lot more because they knew it wasn't going to be very good. I've noticed this trend with many movies that turned out to be stinkers. They want to build as much hype as they can so people will see it before word gets out about how bad it was.
    I am just looking forward to some fresh information to read on the current filming?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Video blog tomorrow?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Moshkeeto wrote: »
    I believe QOS was promoted a lot more because they knew it wasn't going to be very good. I've noticed this trend with many movies that turned out to be stinkers. They want to build as much hype as they can so people will see it before word gets out about how bad it was.

That's rubbish.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Moshkeeto wrote: »
    I believe QOS was promoted a lot more because they knew it wasn't going to be very good. I've noticed this trend with many movies that turned out to be stinkers. They want to build as much hype as they can so people will see it before word gets out about how bad it was.

That's rubbish.
    Yes, it is.

Considering Quantum is either my favorite of the Craig era or my second favorite depending on the day yeah, that is rubbish
    Things are done on a film by film basis. You can't say just because one film did something one way, that it'll be the same down the line. Also, they know that there have been many reports of filming in Rome and Mexico - with videos of the chase, reports from the set etc. that external sites are doing the promotion for them and they can concentrate on filming.

Also, we've had a very early teaser - I'm sure SF's teaser was released later than this. They're doing things differently this time.