SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Spectre is all being shot on film. Panavision for the bulk and spherical for 3 action sequences. No digital as far as I know.

Yes, sorry. They're using an Arri Alexa XT M (digital) for Aerial shots only.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I thought SPECTRE was being filmed on Kodak 35mm?

They are. They're just using VistaVision for a few scenes, which is a little better than 35mm film but not exactly 70mm.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    I thought SPECTRE was being filmed on Kodak 35mm?

Yes, Kodak 35mm is the film used. Panavision is the anamorphic process. The Panafelx XL2 is the camera being used.
    Also two new production photos:

CAROUSEL_CARS.jpg

CAROUSEL_DAVE.jpg

Hinx looks so menacing.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    aaron819 wrote: »
    More photos from the filming in Rome:
    CD6bFHxWYAEfYH5.jpg
    CD6bFHyWoAAkSVz.jpg

Wasn't the
    parachute landing
    scene shot in Piazza Trilussa and not on the Lungotevere ?
    That bridge you see in the background is the famous Ponte Sisto. Piazza Trilussa is a Piazza that is at the right hand side of the bridge, so the Piazza is on Lungotevere, like 50 meters from where you can see
    Bond landing
    Is it only me or does Mr Hinx look like a Hispanic terminator?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    More photos from the filming in Rome:
    CD6bFHxWYAEfYH5.jpg
    CD6bFHyWoAAkSVz.jpg

Wasn't the
    parachute landing
    scene shot in Piazza Trilussa and not on the Lungotevere ?
    That bridge you see in the background is the famous Ponte Sisto. Piazza Trilussa is a Piazza that is at the right hand side of the bridge, so the Piazza is on Lungotevere, like 50 meters from where you can see
    Bond landing

I missed the bridge in the background, thanks.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    New clapperboard. Will Bond drive a motorcycle again in SPECTRE?

OKgGYUR.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Cool :)
    Hmm.... this clapperboard confuses me... a lot!
    New clapperboard. Will Bond drive a motorcycle again in SPECTRE?

OKgGYUR.jpg

Looks like an interior shot, the walls behind remind me of the new MI6 underground offices seen in SF. Also a shelf full of stuff and a motorcycle, maybe a nod to an old Bond film. I'm thinking of Q's lab..
  • tqbtqb
    Does that motorcycle have machine guns strapped to the front?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Something's strange in this clapperboard
    I hate it when those caps are confusing us this much :-P. But, looking at the scene nr., it's one of the last scenes of the film no?
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 3,169
    it's one of the last scenes of the film no?
    Far from it ;-)
    Zekidk wrote: »
    it's one of the last scenes of the film no?
    Far from it ;-)

Do you know which clapperboard had the....highest scene number?
    In terms of scene numbers, 136 can be anywhere from somewhere round the middle of a film to the end, depending on the length of a film and complexity.
    Could be a prop room at Pinewood Studios
    A few observations about the latest vlog: Bautista really seems like such a nice guy. Hinx looks suitably nasty and I cannot stress how great it is that he is not another Grant clone. There is a sort of anachronistic elegance about him too. His beard is reminiscent of a pirate's beard or a swashbuckler's.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Ludovico wrote: »
    A few observations about the latest vlog: Bautista really seems like such a nice guy. Hinx looks suitably nasty and I cannot stress how great it is that he is not another Grant clone. There is a sort of anachronistic elegance about him too. His beard is reminiscent of a pirate's beard or a swashbuckler's.

But in all honesty, IF we have to compare Mr Hinx with a previous Bond henchman, then the first one that comes to my mind is Donald "Red" Grant.

RedGrant1.png
    Bond-From-Russia-With-Love-sean-connery_top10Bond.jpg

mr_hinx.jpg?itok=b3v9Yi7f
    PChUVNA.jpg

Both Grant and Hinx look quite dangerous, but never they look as cheesy as Oddjob or Jaws. They look like the evil opposites of James Bond. They look like counter-agents to MI6's agents. And they are willing to protect secrets whatever it takes.

Personally, I do think that another memorable scene of "SPECTRE" will be an intense fight scene between Mr Hinx and 007 near the end of the film. One that obviously will be filmed at Pinewood Studios.
    Interesting observations, and true. They both have something of the Terminator in them.
    Well, Grant is not exactly the worst henchman to be associated with, is it? Bond vs Hinx has a lot of promise, especially if the fight coreographor is as good as claimed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I see Grant as more of an operative from the opposing side rather than a henchman, while Oddjob and Jaws were 'Yes men' to their bosses. The question is, will Hinx be a rival operative or a henchman? In my honest opinion, he's more comparable to Oddjob.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 709
    I wonder if Hinx will survive SPECTRE (the film that is, not the organization). Just speculating that they might want a recurring nemesis that stretches over a couple of films. Maybe he can even do a Jaws and team up with Bond later on :D
    I see Grant as more of an operative from the opposing side rather than a henchman, while Oddjob and Jaws were 'Yes men' to their bosses. The question is, will Hinx be a rival operative or a henchman? In my honest opinion, he's more comparable to Oddjob.

I agree with the distinction. And a lot of henchmen were poor men's Grant. Even some of the good ones were basically good but not nearly as brilliant and amazing.

I think Hinx will be in his function a henchman, but without the most comical aspects of Jaws or (to a lesser extend) Oddjob. His straight face, angel of death look, this channels Grant more than the others. He kind of looks like a Renaissance assassin.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    I wonder if Hinx will survive SPECTRE (the film that is, not the organization). Just speculating that they might want a recurring nemesis that stretches over a couple of films. Maybe he can even do a Jaws and team up with Bond later on :D

Dave Bautista seems to be a popular guy with a big fanbase from his wrestling days and his Marvel gig. (Even if he has been scripted to die in the leaked material, they could always change that mid-filming if they like what's going on).

Spoiler tags plz
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,756
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Dave Bautista seems to be a popular guy with a big fanbase from his wrestling days and his Marvel gig. (Even if he has been scripted****** in the leaked material, they could always change that mid-filming if they like what's going on).

Seriously...? Nice spoiler...
    For God sake how hard is it to not talk about what happens in the leaked script?
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 709
    NO SPOILERS there. I haven't read any leaked material. I'm just WILDLY speculating, that, you know, being a villain in a Bond film, he's probably going to die, as has happened to EVERY henchperson in a Bond film (with the exception of Jaws)

(Edited my original quote to prevent heart attacks)

Yeah right. Mr Hinx' only lines will be: "Aah aah!!". No way ;-). I think it's a matter of opinion. For me Grant is a henchman. And is the definition of "henchman" in part not "rival operative"? No, I think Mr Hinx is more of a Grant than an Oddjob.