The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

1353638404157

Comments

  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Any other members of the 5' 10" club with me on that?

    I'm 5'11" so in my book you are a midget... :D

    I'm surprised there is literally two pages of this going on.

    How's the weather up there?

    Freezing. I should carry oxygen masks.

    I'm hoping these orthopaedic shoes will push me to the 6 ft mark.
    You should try these shoes: http://tinyurl.com/o7ums56

    Ha ha ha. Man, he looks a clown in those.
  • Posts: 260
    lol. He should just go for the Fly Guy fishtank shoes.

    fly-guy--feat-msg-131836098974.jpg
  • Posts: 267
    AceHole wrote: »
    The crux of the matter is that Jany Temime needs to put her foot down and get Dan in a proper outfit, for heavens' sake.

    AceHole has it partly right. We do need to get Dan a proper outfit but that involves letting Ms.Temime go because she is the one that has presided over this debacle.
    Frankly wether DC is 5'9" or 5'11'' is neither here or there. "What's two inches between friends?" as the actress said to the bishop.
    The fact of the matter is that these suits are appalling and do him absolutely no favours.
    The sartorially challenged have been trying to defend this stuff for 37 pages.
    Thankfully we have voices of great reason who recognise these suits for what they are — absolute and utter ill fitting, fashion forward rubbish that is devoid of any style.

  • Posts: 1,552
    From the Production Timeline thread:
    Here is a photo I found on Reddit from the production offices in Mexico. This will give you some insight into Bon's outfit before he wears the suit we have already seen.
    It's very Roger Moore-esque.GWiyVx2.jpg

  • Posts: 14,922
    If Daniel Craig is short then I'm a dwarf.

    Anyway, anything more to say about the villains?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Ludovico wrote: »
    If Daniel Craig is short then I'm a dwarf.

    Anyway, anything more to say about the villains?

    Love to, but we've only seen an obscure, shadowy figure to date and a quick glimpse of Mr. White looking disheveled. A far cry from the dapper look he had in CR/QoS.
  • AVBAVB
    Posts: 97
    Anecdotal evidence:

    Having been up close with Craig in a gym in Notting Hill many years ago, he is not 5'11. I'm that height and he was shorter than me by a distance and closer to my friend who is 5'8.

    In any case it's not relevant. He just looks like a man of average height in Bond. You've got to consider Severine would have been wearing heels in the Casino.


    aaron819 wrote: »
    What does everybody think about what will Bond be wearing in Morocco

    I wondered aswell. If you mean, in Oberhauser's lair, then a suit which is given to him there. I presume another Tom Ford number but would love if this were not the case! If on the train, then a white DJ. Probably changes before the train get's to the stop.

    I love the grey N.Peal turtle neck. The only time I can imagine him wearing that is after Morocco and whilst back in London for the finale. He wears another N.Peale turtleneck in Mondesee of course.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Anyway, anything more to say about the villains?

    Other than Waltz's (supposed) Janker, which I mentioned earlier:-
    tumblr_nlzpkm99oO1rv0z1no1_400.jpg
    We haven't got much to go on.

    The guy Bond is chasing in Mexico - From a sartorially challenged POV ;), I do love his outfit.
    tumblr_nm583tPp3b1rv0z1no1_250.jpg

  • AVBAVB
    Posts: 97
    That's Sciarra's double I believe. So I reckon the actual actor will look better with a fitted suit.
  • Posts: 1,552
    AVB wrote: »
    That's Sciarra's double I believe. So I reckon the actual actor will look better with a fitted suit.
    It is, and I agree that the fit isn't perfect, but I was thinking more of the look of the outfit, as this is the clearest image I could find after a quick search.

  • Posts: 14,922
    Interesting, Sciarra's wearing white. A new Largo-type villain I think. Much shorter lived, I assume. And that Waltz wears a traditional Austrian suit is also quite interesting.
  • Posts: 1,552
    Sans eye patch ;)
  • Posts: 267
    Villiers53 wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    Plus wearing a belt with a suit should be a hanging offense.

    Why so? Not arguing, just curious.

    Does a number aesthetically by breaking up the vertical image, plus it causes bunched up trousers because you have to cinch them up. Braces let you wear a nice fitting waist size.

    I'm just kidding about the hanging part, but I'm opposed to it from both a visual and comfort perspective.

    I agree that belts on suits should be avoided but unless you want to look like Charlie Chaplin, avoid the braces/suspenders and go for side fasteners - the real Bond solution!

    Old Villiers is correct - give DC suspenders and he'd look like something out of Mr. Pickwick.
    Braces for M - yes. Bond - never!

  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Bentley wrote: »
    Villiers53 wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    Plus wearing a belt with a suit should be a hanging offense.

    Why so? Not arguing, just curious.

    Does a number aesthetically by breaking up the vertical image, plus it causes bunched up trousers because you have to cinch them up. Braces let you wear a nice fitting waist size.

    I'm just kidding about the hanging part, but I'm opposed to it from both a visual and comfort perspective.

    I agree that belts on suits should be avoided but unless you want to look like Charlie Chaplin, avoid the braces/suspenders and go for side fasteners - the real Bond solution!

    Old Villiers is correct - give DC suspenders and he'd look like something out of Mr. Pickwick.
    Braces for M - yes. Bond - never!

    rs_634x1024-140121163203-634DAniel-Craig-Middle-Finger-Suspendersms012114_zps75302b39.jpg

    But seriously, it looks great with a tux:
    LL46frz.jpg
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Bentley wrote: »
    Villiers53 wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »
    Plus wearing a belt with a suit should be a hanging offense.

    Why so? Not arguing, just curious.

    Does a number aesthetically by breaking up the vertical image, plus it causes bunched up trousers because you have to cinch them up. Braces let you wear a nice fitting waist size.

    I'm just kidding about the hanging part, but I'm opposed to it from both a visual and comfort perspective.

    I agree that belts on suits should be avoided but unless you want to look like Charlie Chaplin, avoid the braces/suspenders and go for side fasteners - the real Bond solution!

    Old Villiers is correct - give DC suspenders and he'd look like something out of Mr. Pickwick.
    Braces for M - yes. Bond - never!

    I disagree. Perhaps in the U.S braces have an 'un-bondian' kind of Wall Street vibe to them, but for the quintessentially stoic & British 007 it can work. Connery looked darn sharp with those 60's braces in FRWL.
    However, I have to temper my own comment by saying that they would not flatter someone of Daniel Craig's build and stature...
    Sean could pull off anything, he'd have looked sharp in a purple onesie.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Posts: 12,459
    We mostly call them suspenders in the U.S.
    I think it is not easy to wear them with style, in general.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Posts: 1,138
    I think even Sean's Bond looked better with the side fasteners. In the US they don't have a Wall Street vibe so much as and old fuddy duddy vibe.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    Didn't Craig where suspebders/braces in CR? Looked good on him to me.
  • Posts: 6,601
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Didn't Craig where suspebders/braces in CR? Looked good on him to me.

    Yes, he did, when entering the hotel room finding Vesper. White ones and yes, looked good.

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    Yep, that's the scene. He dud indeed look great wearing them.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Posts: 1,138
    With a tuxedo is a bit if an exception.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 260
    Suspenders/Braces aren't supposed to be seen. It's done in deliberate scenes where he is supposed to be not presenting himself publically.
  • Posts: 1,552
    All this talk about suspenders. To me, suspenders are what women wear to hold up their stockings, aka Garters - The image of Bond in suspenders, isn't pleasant ;)
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 372
    What @doghouse said. And I love them in scenes when Bond isn't out in public. Makes him look very masculine and streamlined, if that makes sense.

    I also wish they'd return to the preppy look. Brosnan during the Onatopp car chase in the beginning of Goldeneye is a good example. He looked really dashing in his sweater.

    Sometimes I feel like they don't even bother making Craig look 'elegant', not just because he's become more of a rough actionhero, but Craig isn't considered to be 'handsome', like some of the previous Bonds. This just angers me. Craig has so much charm, and I think he has plenty of good looks that they could emphasize. It just makes you wonder wether they don't know how to play up his attractive side. He isn't 'pretty', so they forsake any attempt to make him look more polished? It's upsetting, really. And coming to think of it, I think Craig should be pissed at Tom Ford because these suits really do less than nothing for him.
  • Posts: 6,601
    Campbell did it best. He displayed all the strong sides, whereas Forster had no idea, how to, even though the suits were perfect. What some dislike it Temimes idea of displaying that body. She said so during SF. I wouldnt say, they do nothing, as in my book, he will always look good in a suit, because he has the allure to wear them well, but surely Lindy Hemming had the right hand. At least, they dont put him into grey. Plus he has a tan now, which goes well with the blue. One could say, they upped the game.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Campbell did it best.....

    Unquestionably. Campbell did it best with Brosnan in GE too imho. He knew what it was about.
  • Posts: 260
    bondjames wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Campbell did it best.....

    Unquestionably. Campbell did it best with Brosnan in GE too imho. He knew what it was about.

    I caught Goldeneye last night at the casino scene. Still one of my favorite Bond moments.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Posts: 871
    JCRendle wrote: »
    All this talk about suspenders. To me, suspenders are what women wear to hold up their stockings, aka Garters - The image of Bond in suspenders, isn't pleasant ;)

    B-)

    f13-17-204.jpg
  • Posts: 1,552
    JCRendle wrote: »
    All this talk about suspenders. To me, suspenders are what women wear to hold up their stockings, aka Garters - The image of Bond in suspenders, isn't pleasant ;)

    B-)

    f13-17-204.jpg

    My Anti-Malware program is blocking your image. I'm guessing you're trying to show an image of Connery in Zardoz?
  • Posts: 4,619
    @Superintendent That's a great photo, and it perfectly illustrates that Connery's suits in the early Bond films are not as timeless as some people think they are. I mean look how high those trousers are on his waist!
Sign In or Register to comment.