SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    SJK91 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but perhaps the seven tentacles on the ring represent the seven letters in S.P.E.C.T.R.E?

Really the whole name is originally a fudge with the SP drawn out of one word and the i of Counter Intelligence ignored. The 'new' version departs from the original referenced here:

84A435CD-5877-42CA-96FA-A74F8A2A864D.png

http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/SPECTRE?file=Spectre Logo.png
    @marketto007 - congrats, have a great time, and thanks for that lovely photo. :)

@dragonsky - well, that's how it is nowadays, I'm afraid. There's an absolutely ridiculous moral police attitude plus bash-a-famous-person thingy that is very popular, and the media feeds it, and the internet facilitates it. People apparently get "offended" by anything, really. Any chance to call somebody a racist, a sexist, or some other thing... that chance will be taken. It doesn't matter much if it doesn't make any sense - many people don't think enough to evaluate such matters, just judging outright is easier... and more fun, apparently. Heck, even saying or doing something compassionate and nice that one would imagine couldn't possibly "offend" anyone can get some cynics outraged.
    I don't know the details of what you were referring to - I only know what you just said, really - but unlike you I can totally believe it and it doesn't even surprise me. Some of those comments can get repeated so much that they become absolute reality to some people. By which I mean that at some point they won't know why or where, but they heard or read somewhere that Roger Moore is a racist, so they're convinced that he's an a-hole. Happens all the time.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    Im really a fan of SPECTRE the organization being emphasized as dark and sinister. Or so it seems in the trailer. The originals were great for the connery days but its a new age and I think this is the right direction. I hope the whole movie isnt dark as the trailer would suggest but the scenes invoving SPECTRE can be horror like Im totally fine with that. Anyone agree?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    skropper13 wrote: »
    Im really a fan of SPECTRE the organization being emphasized as dark and sinister. Or so it seems in the trailer. The originals were great for the connery days but its a new age and I think this is the right direction. I hope the whole movie isnt dark as the trailer would suggest but the scenes invoving SPECTRE can be horror like Im totally fine with that. Anyone agree?
    I'm with you there!
    my hopes is it will add a very new apect to the spectre we know. It looks like its been updated very well but we will have to wait and see!
    jobo wrote: »
    andmcit wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Just pointing out probably what everyone else see's but some might not view it as obvious...If you look at the glass bullet hole logo behind the title SPECTRE on the posters or end of teaser trailer it seems to form the new redesigned SPECTRE (ring) logo. The bullet hole has also scratched only 7 faint crack legs the glass!
    There are 8, the gap between the 4th and 5th cracks are slight, but it's there...

tumblr_nlxlo612Ap1rv0z1no1_400.png

It has been bugging me whilst creating artworks with the spectre bullet shatter image as I have been trying to count 8 clear strands and now I realise why! If you're trying to read the centre as x2 by that measure the far left hand side is split with two limbs that widen and could feasibly be far enough apart to count separately.
    I wonder if this is something on the mind of casual Bond fans.

:))

Wow...some people on here must be from the real MI6, didn't realise you had to be in the real secret service to have an interest in the Bond films...

Seriously, cheer up dude! Neither I nor him meant to insult anyone. What's wrong with a little laugh now and then?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This film is going to blow people's minds. It's so different from SF but will follow it upin a progressively epic way. I can see this film being the film some people have been waiting decades for.

It's always risky to turn such organization into a cheesy one. Thankfully they did their homework.
    As someone at CBN pointed out, the working title/codename for the film is The Journey.

The filename on one of the Sony press versions (and the cinema copy too apparently?) is "the-journey_trl-a" - the person at CBN thought it was the name of the trailer as opposed to a fake title for the film itself.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,169
    "Body double films dramatic helicopter fight scenes for Spectre wearing a full Daniel Craig mask as the James Bond actor stays on firm ground"

Lots of pictures:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3016616/Body-double-films-dramatic-helicopter-fight-scenes-Spectre-wearing-Daniel-Craig-mask-James-Bond-actor-stays-firm-ground.html

2716E95900000578-3016616-image-a-20_1427617960317.jpg
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    "Body double films dramatic helicopter fight scenes for Spectre wearing a full Daniel Craig mask as the James Bond actor stays on firm ground"

Lots of pictures:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3016616/Body-double-films-dramatic-helicopter-fight-scenes-Spectre-wearing-Daniel-Craig-mask-James-Bond-actor-stays-firm-ground.html

2716E95900000578-3016616-image-a-20_1427617960317.jpg

Interesting, I love how the body doubles use masks these days, this is the second time I know of that they have used them for SPECTRE. Whilst on my "James Bond Holiday" in Solden Austria on 12th Feb this year we were lucky enough to spend the day on set of the cable car scene on the Gaislachkogl mountain where we witnessed a helicopter taking an aerial shot of the cable cars return to the second stop on the mountain with stunt
    doubles wearing prosthetic masks portraying German actor Detlef Bothe and Q. There was also ground footage being taken and about 100 ground crew from the second unit of whom we spoke to a few for a while and they were a very friendly bunch, some even revealed to us some bond secrets but as promised I'm not willing to spill haha. I got told off for taking pictures of the shoot by security! That day they also filmed up at the ICE Q restaurant of which we ate at, amazing place!
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    @Provocateur Do you have any photos do send me/us of the filming in Solden?

This is my email:

[email protected]
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    A source close to the production tells that next week a group of 80 people will move to area of Palenque, Chiapas.

It is still unknown if Daniel Craig travels there if they only film some aspects in the air, presence of the cast is not necessary. After finishing with the shots that are still pending, the crew will travel to the UK for a short break and then the production will travel to Morocco.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119

Is the revived S.P.E.C.T.R.E. from 2015 really that much sinister and dark compared to the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. from the old days? Let's have a look at how the syndicate was portrayed in FRWL and TB and compare it with SP:

--> In all these three films the leading man's face, Nr. 1, is being kept in the shadows. Obviously we know that in SP that man is played by Christoph Waltz, but with all these three films: FRWL, TB and SP there is a mystery about the nr. 1 man.
    --> The voice of Nr. 1 in FRWL, TB and SP is sinister, dark and mysterious. Yes, Mr Waltz voice isn't that of Anthony Dawson, but sjee, both guys knew how to give chills and goosebumps to the public solely with their voices.
    --> If someone doesn't find it sinister and pretty dark if Mr Blofeld lets his henchman sting an operative with a poisoned shoe knife in FRWL.....or personally electrocutes an operative with one button in TB, then I don't know what's more or less sinister or dark ;-).

Besides, I think the teaser shows us a deliberate dark part of the upcoming Bond film. It's a perfect approach for a teaser trailer, and obviously the trailer went completely viral after it got presented. People are talking about it, similarly to when the first teaser of "Star Wars" was presented. I call it the smartest teaser trailer ever from the Craig era in that sense.

Because, I really don't think "SPECTRE" will have less humour and less action as compared to "Skyfall". I think it's the opposite really. "SPECTRE" already has two way more memorable action sequences as compared to "Skyfall":
    --> 1. An action-packed street chase and fight on a helicopter in the PTS (Mexico)
    --> 2. An action-packed, memorable, "Ronin"-esque car chase in Rome (Italy)
    --> 3. An action-packed car/airplane chase in the air/on the ski slopes (Austria)
    --> 4. And most likely there's a memorable action sequence at the very end (Morocco/UK)

By jolly dear fans, that's at least 60% more memorable action sequences as compared to "Skyfall".

I also think Bond has got his emotions more in check as compared to his previous three adventures. Yes, he looks rather shocked in the teaser trailer when he gets the material from Miss Moneypenny. But those are heavy dramatic moments of the film I think, deliberately used for the teaser trailer. I strongly believe we'll have more humour, perhaps even the old couple from the London Underground shows up again!

I'm also curious if Bond is connected to a headphone again when he's driving his Aston Martin DB10. Plenty space to inject some perfectly executed oneliners there!

So I think we're in for a big thrilling Bond ride, that evokes chills, goosebumps, excitement ánd laughter....lots of laughter ;-). If compared to a 1960's Bond film, I think it'll be the "Thunderball" of our days.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Nick Rylance tweets Bond is back

Bond is back Excl Mexico set visit tmrw @TheRossKing, Daniel Craig, Lea Seydoux, Christophe Waltz, Dave Bautista @GMB @ITVLorraine #SPECTRE

Ross King tweets
    CBNrxhLVIAEYS6E.jpg

Came all way to Mexico City & all I got was this brilliant hat! Plus a chat with all the cast @GMB @ITVLorraine Mon x

Is the revived S.P.E.C.T.R.E. from 2015 really that much sinister and dark compared to the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. from the old days? Let's have a look at how the syndicate was portrayed in FRWL and TB and compare it with SP:

--> In all these three films the leading man's face, Nr. 1, is being kept in the shadows. Obviously we know that in SP that man is played by Christoph Waltz, but with all these three films: FRWL, TB and SP there is a mystery about the nr. 1 man.
    --> The voice of Nr. 1 in FRWL, TB and SP is sinister, dark and mysterious. Yes, Mr Waltz voice isn't that of Anthony Dawson, but sjee, both guys knew how to give chills and goosebumps to the public solely with their voices.
    --> If someone doesn't find it sinister and pretty dark if Mr Blofeld lets his henchman sting an operative with a poisoned shoe knife in FRWL.....or personally electrocutes an operative with one button in TB, then I don't know what's more or less sinister or dark ;-).

Besides, I think the teaser shows us a deliberate dark part of the upcoming Bond film. It's a perfect approach for a teaser trailer, and obviously the trailer went completely viral after it got presented. People are talking about it, similarly to when the first teaser of "Star Wars" was presented. I call it the smartest teaser trailer ever from the Craig era in that sense.

Because, I really don't think "SPECTRE" will have less humour and less action as compared to "Skyfall". I think it's the opposite really. "SPECTRE" already has two way more memorable action sequences as compared to "Skyfall":
    --> 1. An action-packed street chase and fight on a helicopter in the PTS (Mexico)
    --> 2. An action-packed, memorable, "Ronin"-esque car chase in Rome (Italy)
    --> 3. An action-packed car/airplane chase in the air/on the ski slopes (Austria)
    --> 4. And most likely there's a memorable action sequence at the very end (Morocco/UK)

By jolly dear fans, that's at least 60% more memorable action sequences as compared to "Skyfall".

I also think Bond has got his emotions more in check as compared to his previous three adventures. Yes, he looks rather shocked in the teaser trailer when he gets the material from Miss Moneypenny. But those are heavy dramatic moments of the film I think, deliberately used for the teaser trailer. I strongly believe we'll have more humour, perhaps even the old couple from the London Underground shows up again!

I'm also curious if Bond is connected to a headphone again when he's driving his Aston Martin DB10. Plenty space to inject some perfectly executed oneliners there!

So I think we're in for a big thrilling Bond ride, that evokes chills, goosebumps, excitement ánd laughter....lots of laughter ;-). If compared to a 1960's Bond film, I think it'll be the "Thunderball" of our days.

I am definitely not complaining, I loved the teaser and yes you are totally right that all spectres in the past were dark and sinister as well. But what I really like about the trailer is its like watching a horror movie towards the end. The originals never did that unfortunately and I think it's a very good idea to make the scenes of spectre as chilling as possible. I do love everything about the trailer though :)

Folks will be divided by this as I am
    More Action For Miss Moneypenny? Spectre Producers Open Up
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/More-Action-Miss-Moneypenny-Spectre-Producers-Open-Up-70559.html

and some will complain about "selling" themselves off to Brands, but have in mind, they DO need the money, so this is not a big deal
    Spectre star Daniel Craig to mix own vodka Martini in forthcoming James Bond movie
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/spectre-star-daniel-craig-mix-5421020?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    6 new cast members:

Mac Pietowski as Russian Bodyguard

MV5BMTUzMzE3ODU0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA1MDAxMjE@._V1_SY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Filip Dordievski as Ukranian Hitman
    MV5BMTM5ODkxODQ5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTMyMDk2MTE@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Matthew Brandon as Computer Analyst
    MV5BNjMwNDkwMDYzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE4Mjc1NDE@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Pezhmaan Alinia as Oberhauser Chief Analyst
    d0308d0b54fb3338a52fdeea206850ee.jpeg
    Christopher DeGress as Skeleton
    Couldn't find a picture for this one.
    Alessandro Bressanello as Priest
    MV5BMTcxODU2MTUyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTI4MTA4MTE@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Here's what Babs and Michael had to say about Idris Elba and Daniel's contract.

007 PRODUCERS: IDRIS ELBA WOULD MAKE A GREAT JAMES BOND

Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli add that Daniel Craig's contract is "open-ended.
    "

IGN's Roth Cornet was recently on the set of Spectre, where she and a group other journalists got a chance to speak with 007 producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. While the discussion was mostly centered around the new movie (more on that soon!), the producers were also (re-)asked about Elba's potential as the British secret agent.

"I think he'd make a great Bond," Wilson answered immediately.

"I always say, it's like asking a woman who's going up the aisle on her wedding day who her next husband is going to be," Broccoli added jokingly. "You know, Daniel Craig is Bond, and I don't want to think about what happens when he goes. But I'm a huge fan of Idris -- we all are. He's a great actor, and he could do anything. So ask me when we're looking for a new Bond -- which hopefully won't be for a long time."
    As for how many more 007 movies Craig is contracted for, Wilson replied, "We want him for as long as he wants. That's the simple answer." Broccoli also noted that the actor's contract is "open-ended." (Craig is currently slated to play 007 through Bond 25.)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/28/007-producers-idris-elba-would-make-a-great-james-bond

DTD
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Really good and informative (as far as possible at this point)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/29/james-bond-producers-delve-deep-into-spectre?utm_campaign=plus.google.com&utm_source=plus.url.google.com

JAMES BOND PRODUCERS DELVE DEEP INTO SPECTRE

DTD
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Germanlady wrote: »

Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli add that Daniel Craig's contract is "open-ended.
    "

IGN's Roth Cornet was recently on the set of Spectre, where she and a group other journalists got a chance to speak with 007 producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. While the discussion was mostly centered around the new movie (more on that soon!), the producers were also (re-)asked about Elba's potential as the British secret agent.

"I always say, it's like asking a woman who's going up the aisle on her wedding day who her next husband is going to be," Broccoli added jokingly. "You know, Daniel Craig is Bond, and I don't want to think about what happens when he goes. But I'm a huge fan of Idris -- we all are. He's a great actor, and he could do anything. So ask me when we're looking for a new Bond -- which hopefully won't be for a long time."
    As for how many more 007 movies Craig is contracted for, Wilson replied, "We want him for as long as he wants. That's the simple answer." Broccoli also noted that the actor's contract is "open-ended." (Craig is currently slated to play 007 through Bond 25.)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/28/007-producers-idris-elba-would-make-a-great-james-bond

DTD
    Thanks for the find @Germanlady. Personally, I don't even think Elba has a chance to begin with. By the time Craig retired and a new Bond is selected it will be at least 2019. By that time he'll be way too old to start playing Bond at 46.
    I say he will be bond till bond 26 at least wow 6 films I would love it if he beat Moore's 7 honestly but I am not complaining if he ties Connery with 6 official films
    Remember there will be:
    Good Morning Britain on ITV will have a special behind the scenes and meet the cast special Monday, March 30.

It aires from 6 - 8:30 am.
    Craig will do one more probably then be done. The debut film that replaces Craig wont be out until 2021 at the very earliest.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig will do one more probably then be done. The debut film that replaces Craig wont be out until 2021 at the very earliest.

I think, this sounds like the most likely scenario at this point.

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    If it goes like You wrote, Elba won't be Bond. He will be 49 in 2021. He could do 1 or 2 movies.
    jake24 wrote: »

"

DTD
    Thanks for the find @Germanlady. Personally, I don't even think Elba has a chance to begin with. By the time Craig retired and a new Bond is selected it will be at least 2019. By that time he'll be way too old to start playing Bond at 46.

One should see this interview into perspective. It's not like Barbara & Michael are now saying "yes" to Idris Elba, and that this interview is solely about this question and the Elba-rumours.
    Folks will be divided by this as I am
    More Action For Miss Moneypenny? Spectre Producers Open Up
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/More-Action-Miss-Moneypenny-Spectre-Producers-Open-Up-70559.html

and some will complain about "selling" themselves off to Brands, but have in mind, they DO need the money, so this is not a big deal
    Spectre star Daniel Craig to mix own vodka Martini in forthcoming James Bond movie
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/spectre-star-daniel-craig-mix-5421020?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This report is so clichéd, it's laughable:-
    Licence to swill
    in a move which will leave 007 fans both shaken and stirred.

And I love the part where they say "prompting speculation" when, as far as I've seen, they're the only ones doing the speculating.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,571
    If it goes like You wrote, Elba won't be Bond. He will be 49 in 2021. He could do 1 or 2 movies.

But the pressure on Eon to cast a black Bond actor just for the sake of political correctness makes no sense. No one shouts for a black Sherlock Holmes, or Batman or Superman.
    Hollywood should have the balls to give a new franchise to a black actor. Apart from Will Smith in MIB no studio seems to have enough nerve to go with black stars in films that have the potential to go on and on.

It's not up to long standing franchise like Bond to do what the studios won't do - take a chance on a black star. Bond is a white British heterosexual male. Chip away at that and you have something totally different.

Elba is Luther on TV and his charisma jumps out of the screen - why not turn Luther into a film and see what happens? Take a chance but stop picking on Bond to do the right thing.
    NicNac wrote: »

But the pressure on Eon to cast a black Bond actor just for the sake of political correctness makes no sense. No one shouts for a black Sherlock Holmes, or Batman or Superman.
    Hollywood should have the balls to give a new franchise to a black actor. Apart from Will Smith in MIB no studio seems to have enough nerve to go with black stars in films that have the potential to go on and on.

It's not up to long standing franchise like Bond to do what the studios won't do - take a chance on a black star. Bond is a white British heterosexual male. Chip away at that and you have something totally different.

Elba is Luther on TV and his charisma jumps out of the screen - why not turn Luther into a film and see what happens? Take a chance but stop picking on Bond to do the right thing.

Agreed and well said.