SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Japan anyone;)?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Japan anyone;)?

Yes please, full-on Shatterhand/Garden of Death scenario with Blofeld tracked down somewhere like this

Matsumoto-Castles-Main-Tower.jpg

Thinking about it, the Ernest Serban bit is there to throw people off and will be replaced in the actual film with Blofeld - because there is one line of dialogue which goes like:

M: What about Oberhauser.
    Madeleine: Oberhauser. His real name is Oberhauser. He's dead.

Doesn't make sense does it? Replace the second line with Blofeld and makes perfect sense.
  • AVBAVB
    When people will know that Logan had Mallory as a member of SPECTRE (put the "breadcrumbs" SF scene in a whole new light, doesn't it ?), that Bond will not be in a regular mission as hinted by the end of SF, or that Moneypenny is back on the field, etc.. some opinions will have to change. And I'm afraid that all the above won't be learn by them in a nice way (I expect the "attention grabbing spoiler posters" to become a big problem in the last weeks before the release)

Mallory as Spectre member was vetoed by the big man himself, but are the other two aspects still in play? I don't want to see MP back in the field - what with Q and possibly M aswell then it's all abit Scooby Doo. Bond on his own please, working things out for himself. Too hard to ask, Mendes?

Otherwise I think Mendes made it clear that we don't know what Bond's action is at the start nor why he's there. I wonder, how far in do we have to wait for the White/Bond scenese, and what is the tone of them?
  • AVBAVB
    Japan anyone;)?

Definitely. I'm dying for Bond to go back to Japan.

Shanghai was great, but Japan is what I want the most.
    SP also takes place in Japan. The security meeting.

Zekidk wrote: »

And I hope, that Dennis Gassner designs a Ken Adam like room for this kind of UN-meeting. Think about the opening scene of YOLT.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,215
    antovolk wrote: »
    Thinking about it, the Ernest Serban bit is there to throw people off and will be replaced in the actual film with Blofeld - because there is one line of dialogue which goes like:

Doesn't make sense does it? Replace the second line with Blofeld and makes perfect sense.

In the outline sent in the leaked emails though, the reveal is made in the London finale, and he is revealed as ESB, so that may be one of the things that has changed from the versions we have in the final shooting script.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164

In the outline sent in the leaked emails though, the reveal is made in the London finale, and he is revealed as ESB, so that may be one of the things that has changed from the versions we have in the final shooting script.

The December draft which is more recent than the outline has Bond do the reveal during the meeting with Oberhauser in Morocco, saying that his real name is Ernest Serban.
    I think that there may be a final script after both the leaked. From what I understand, the film is still titled "Untitled B24" in the December version, not SPECTRE.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 591
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I think that there may be a final script after both the leaked. From what I understand, the film is still titled "Untitled B24" in the December version, not SPECTRE.

They must've known what the title was gonna be when they wrote the that December draft, considering the title was announced only 3 days after
    I hope this rubbish about the nameErnest Serban proves unfounded as it makes zero sense to rename Blofeld.
    That and the repeated Oberhauser name drops after the reveal scream red herring tbh that is just in the script for hiding Blofeld's sake.
    According to the Production thread, there is a helicopter and a convoy of cars with bullet and crash damage set for filming in London this week. Is this the finale with Oberhauser in the heli and Bond and Madeleine chasing, or something else?
  • Jan1985 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

And I hope, that Dennis Gassner designs a Ken Adam like room for this kind of UN-meeting. Think about the opening scene of YOLT.

I would like to see 007 go back to NewYork or even Jamaica. India maybe. Btw great scoop @JWESTBROOK
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    According to the Production thread, there is a helicopter and a convoy of cars with bullet and crash damage set for filming in London this week. Is this the finale with Oberhauser in the heli and Bond and Madeleine chasing, or something else?

Looks like it.

Also DB5 was spotted which means they're filming the ending.
  • Hi guys,

The convoy of cars is for London Has Fallen, not Spectre unfortunately
    Ahh makes a whole lot more sense now, given that's not in the script.

So it looks to be just the final scene with Bond and Madeleine driving away that's being filmed.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Hi guys,

The convoy of cars is for London Has Fallen, not Spectre unfortunately

Thanks for the confirmation :)

So it looks to be just the final scene with Bond and Madeleine driving away that's being filmed.

Daniel just flew out of Heathrow to Rome for finishing the chase. Perhaps it was just merely a DB5 in London. Can that really be that rare ;)
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Daniel just flew out of Heathrow to Rome for finishing the chase. Perhaps it was just merely a DB5 in London. Can that really be that rare ;)

Well we know they were filming (SPECTRE that is) at Whitehall (where the DB5 is in that photo) from 4 to 9am this morning...
    So they are filming the very last scene...
    Indeed.

And it looks like a left hand drive DB5, and given that we know from the script this is the reconstructed-by-Q-Branch demolished DB5 from Skyfall, they are sort of solving that continuity issue...
    Yes, it does appear to be the SF DB5 rebuilt.
    As for Ernst Serban, I am betting that in next movie, Shatterhand, Ernst evolves into Ernst Stavro Blofeld, reinvigorated as Chief of Spectre, and with white cat and Bunt sidekick.

• I think the Ernest Serban line is just a lame attempt at keeping Blofeld under wraps. I'm sure in the final film it will say Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's a red herring like "John Harrison" was a red herring for Khan.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,215
    On another note, I was thinking, is SP the closest we'll get to a Bond remake? I remember before the film was announced there were quite a few people who wanted to see an OHMSS remake down the line, and there are a few parallels between SPECTRE and OHMSS.
    -Bond taking it upon himself to invesigate the mission on his own.
    -Bond making a deal with a member of a crime syndicate to protect his daughter.
    -Stylish clinic in the mountains/Locales
    -Bond falls in love and decides to leave the service
    -The closing line "After all, we have all the time in the world."
  • I think it's a thematic remake, especially with that last line.
  • Also, Lea S. looks somewhat like Tracy of the OHMSS novel.
    Murdock wrote: »
    It's a red herring like "John Harrison" was a red herring for Khan.

In this case Oberhauser being the red herring, and Serban clearly being the stand in name in the script.