SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    aaron819 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Here is proof:

And here you can see the route where they go after the Vatican scream right past:
    *see the red line*
    http://i.imgur.com/SONn0IL.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hYXsM8e.jpg
    I love those, @aaron819! Do you have all the chase route on a map? Thanks for that!

@ggl007 I'm trying to get them together, but I'm quite busy with work but I will try my best on the weekend. I will notify you first thing when I make one. :-)
    Thanks, friend. I think it will be great to have that before, during and after the movie!!
  • "Funny" alas to see some people in the regular SPECTRE thread disgusted to have been spoiled in a so mundane way about the ejector seat and parachute at the end of the chase, by people not using spoilers because, well, spoilers are other people's problems for them. I felt I was spoiled in the best possible way by reading it in the scripts : I had the build-up to it as it was intended to be told...

The only frustrating stuff in reading the leaks and having to stay quiet in the other threads, is seeing
    1) some heavy posters being very wrong and telling others in big capitals that they are stupid.
    2) some light posters considering "risky hypothesis" that were right at some point and being told "no way they would do that"

When people will know that Logan had Mallory as a member of SPECTRE (put the "breadcrumbs" SF scene in a whole new light, doesn't it ?), that Bond will not be in a regular mission as hinted by the end of SF, or that Moneypenny is back on the field, etc.. some opinions will have to change. And I'm afraid that all the above won't be learn by them in a nice way (I expect the "attention grabbing spoiler posters" to become a big problem in the last weeks before the release)
  • I for one am relying on the spoilers as I haven't seen the script. Bring it on all! Can anyone tell me how much movie time Rome will take up in total?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I for one am relying on the spoilers as I haven't seen the script. Bring it on all! Can anyone tell me how much movie time Rome will take up in total?

@Vandelayindustries

Approximately 20 minutes
  • Cheers Aaron. What about Morocco? Even though I haven't read the script I am getting Dr No vibes from what I hear about The villains lair.
    Cheers Aaron. What about Morocco? Even though I haven't read the script I am getting Dr No vibes from what I hear about The villains lair.

@Vandelayindustries

Just so you know, the times are my predictions.

For Morocco I reckon approximately 30-35 minutes

@Vandelayindustries

Just so you know, I am writing these times regarding the pages. I think that 1 page=approximately 1 minute. But it really can't be determined until we see the film
  • Unrelated. I just re watched LTK. What a great performance by Dalton.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 203
    Let's see how many action set-pieces SP has:

Mexico (pre-titles) - Shootout and Helicopter
    Rome-Car chase
    Austria-plane crash
    Morroco-Train
    London(climax)-Helicopter

5 as opposed to 3 major action set-pieces in SF. Mendes definetly thinks bigger is better I guess! the climax set-piece is quite generic IMHO. Reading it S.W.A.T the movie came to mind. What do you guys think?

mnhettia wrote: »
    Let's see how many action set-pieces SP has:

Mexico (pre-titles) - Shootout and Helicopter
    Rome-Car chase
    Austria-plane crash
    Morroco-Train
    London(climax)-Helicopter

5 as opposed to 3 major action set-pieces in SF. Mendes definetly thinks bigger is better I guess! the climax set-piece is quite generic IMHO. Reading it S.W.A.T the movie came to mind. What do you guys think?

@mnhettia Just one correction. I think that we can say that when Bond activates the explosion from his watch at Oberhauser's lair and Madeleine and Bond escape, that is an action piece too.
    Yes, there are several action scenes in SF. But it had one action setpiece - in the PCS.
    SP will have four action setpieces and two minor (train fight and escaping villain's lair).
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Yes, there are several action scenes in SF. But it had one action setpiece - in the PCS.
    SP will have four action setpieces and two minor (train fight and escaping villain's lair).

Agreed, there are differences between action scenes and action setpieces
    Edited:

Action Setpieces in Spectre:

1) Mexico PTS
    2) Rome - Car Chase
    3) Austria - Plane vs Cars Chase
    4) London Climax

Action Scenes in Spectre:

1) Train Fight Morocco
    2) Escaping Villains Lair
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 203
    Thanks for clarifying @aaron819 and @Zekidk. Gregg Wilson said that the plane vs car chase is the jewel of the film. It figues cause it is the most creative set-piece of the bunch ... others are quite generic. I wish they had come up with more creative set-pieces considering the competition; MI5, Fast7, etc. I hope Mendes does his magic and lifts this thing up to make it unique. The unique climax and photography saved the last half of SF. Let's hope the photography etc is top notch this time out as well and distracts the audiance.
  • Seeing as we've got Hoyte Van Hoytema on board, I have now doubt the cinematography will be top notch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Seeing as we've got Hoyte Van Hoytema on board, I have now doubt the cinematography will be top notch.
    What I have seen from him before is not up to the standards of Deakins, but he could of course improve. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
  • Well he has quite a small resume but I find Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Her, and Interstellar to be visually superior to most of Deakins films.
    I hope Mendes does his magic
    Mendes is not an actionscene director. He's a drama director. And he is not even in Rome these days, when the chase is being shot. It's the 2nd unit director, Alexander Witt, who is applying the magic here.
  • Is there any truth in the rumour that they might release a teaser in April??
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any on set photos of Christoph Blofeld yet?

I don't think he started shooting yet.

He may have shot one scene at the funeral in R
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I hope Mendes does his magic
    Mendes is not an actionscene director. He's a drama director. And he is not even in Rome these days, when the chase is being shot. It's the 2nd unit director, Alexander Witt, who is applying the magic here.

I bet that Mendes has talked this scene and every shot of it through with Alexander Witt long before the shooting.
    And I bet that Mendes watches the filmed takes every day on London.
    He's not that kind of director, that lets the 2nd Unit Director do whatever he wants.
    Mendes works very close with Witt.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,169
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    He's not that kind of director, that lets the 2nd Unit Director do whatever he wants.
    I didn't say that. That he works closely with his 2nd unit director goes without saying.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    AVB wrote: »
    One off-topic question: when Vesper is abducted by Le Chiffre and his men, is Vesper playing along? I mean the poor woman is nearly killed by Bond's Aston Martin, so the abdution can't be something that Vesper and Le Chiffre agreed on, can it?

I can't remember exactly but I always thought Vesper believed she was meeting White somewhere, but Le Chiffre had sprung an ambush on her?
    This is an excellent point. Its a bit of a puzzler. Because its not clear who called her. I think it was White or one of White's people, but it could have been Le Chiffre.
    She was owned by White, but she also knew that she was working on behalf of Le Chiffre, so she might have taken Le Chiffre's call, and then he ambushed her.

A third less likely scenario is that it was actually Mathis who called, but Le Chiffre ambushed her, on her way to see Mathis.

But upon reflection, I don't think it was Le Chiffre, or at least not Le Chiffre, with White's blessing, because White ambushed Le Chiffre at the boat, before he knew whether Le Chiffre had extracted any info from Bond, so it does appear that White had not approved Le Chiffre's abduction of either Bond or Vesper..
    I am not fussed over how White knew where to find Le Chiffre, simply because Quantum/Spectre, well, they are surveillance experts. They have people everywhere and know things.
    White's lecturing Le Chiffre on knowing who to trust, might reflect on Le Chiffre's reckless, non-authorized abuction of the two pawns, Bond and Vesper.

Bottom line, we don't know who called her.

Scenario 1
    So inconclusion ,my guess is that White on behalf of Spectre was running the whole operation.
    Plan was to get Obanno to hand over his cash to Le Chiffre, knowing that Le Chiffre would possibly increase its value with his sneaky airline scam.
    Then SP would extort the whole amount from Le Chiffre and leave Obanno to deal with Le Chiffre or vice versa. Either way, one would kill the other.
    When Le Chiffre lost the money, and also lost at Royale, plan B was set in motion, which was to kill Le Chiffre and use Vesper to trick the money from Mi6.
    Plan B worked out fine.

Scenario 2
    Its also possible though, that White knew nothing of Le Chiffre's airline scam and was only initially prepared to take a commission from Obanno for finding him a banker.
    In this case, White had to improvise the Royale caper with Le Chiffre, in order to recover the money.
    But what's not clear with this scenario, is why would SP care that Le Chiffre had lost the money. That was Obanno's problem, and as we saw in the movie, he was plenty upset.

The movie is not clear on this question, and I don't think they even realize that they left a gaping hole. Therefore, I think the first scenario is most plausible.
    And from what I have seen of the SP script, I don't think SP the movie, is going to shed any further light as to what was going down at Royale vis-a-vis Le Chiffre, White and Vesper, either.

Never mind SF, CR IMO is the most convoluted bit of storytelling in the series.
    The SP plot, at least looks like it will be fathomable.

Sorry for giving you a headache @panchito.
    Mine's a migraine after trying to make sense of all this.
  • Do we know if the ejector seat scene has been filmed yet or will that be in a studio?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    ...the climax set-piece is quite generic IMHO. Reading it S.W.A.T the movie came to mind. What do you guys think?

Totally agree. Having the film bookended by helicopter action scenes seems incredibly unimaginative. And have Mendes and Co forgotten that the last film ALSO featured a helicopter action scene. Something makes me think Mende is a big Apocalypse Now fan...

• Can anyone confirm if the December script reveals Blofeld?
    IIRC, his correct named is revealed during the Morocco scenes, but not as Blofeld, but "Ernest Sarbran."
  • Hmmm that's a bit weird
  • Hmmm that's a bit weird. Seems strange, do you think he's playing with the audience or are we going to get some even weirder reveal?
    The setup for Bond 25 is wonderful, IMO!
  • Could be right. Should be fun trying to guess locations for Bond 25.