SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• edited February 2015 Posts: 4,600
    Yes, Jazzy, I commented on this a few weeks ago, especially when we saw in Skyfall that she was determined to do a 100% thorough job right up to when she "retired", bringing her back via a video clip reminds me of Star Trek and how hard it is to give up established figures and move on. When you think that they had relative privacy during her death scene, M could have made a "death bed" request to Bond and that would have set things up perfectly (it would only have had to be three or four words, just enough to get the ball rolling if that makes sense) and it would have added more drama and motivation for Bond (receiving the request as she dies is far more compelling IMHO than a video clip) but they dont seem to make the links in advance, they seem to have to back track to make the links
  • JazzyBond wrote: »
    Reading the script I felt the cameo by Dench was forced and unnecessary. It's not bad just unnecessary. Why not have new M send him out to investigate Sciarra. He can reprimand Bond still when he gets back to Lomdon for destroying half of Mexico City. It just doesn't make sense that Old M would have this pertinent information on Sciarra that would only be sent to Bomd after her death. Hope if they do go with the cameo route it comes off smoother then what it sounds in the script. One very small problem I have with an otherwise brilliant script.

The problem I have is when she says 'don't miss the funeral'. How would she know months/years ahead, that Sciarra's funeral would be the right place to be? It definitely seems forced and hopefully it'll come off better on screen.
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    The problem I have is when she says 'don't miss the funeral'. How would she know months/years ahead, that Sciarra's funeral would be the right place to be? It definitely seems forced and hopefully it'll come off better on screen.
    I think the implication is that she wants Bond to kill him, causing the funeral...
    Sorry, its a very bad habit but I cant stop making comparisons to the original Star Trek series. In the classic Spock death scene, Spock mind melted with Bones and simply said "remember" it was just a 8 second scene but it opened up a whole new opportunity for the next movie and it all seemed smooth as they were not back tracking, it was all planned. If only they could have got something like this between Bond and M (imagine Kirk finding a video clip of Spock saying, "im not dead, come and get me) just silly compared to they way they handled it.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    JCRendle wrote: »
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I think the implication is that she wants Bond to kill him, causing the funeral...

Or mabye she knows that Lucia would be dead meat post-funeral, so she needs Bond to touch base with widow to get more info on SP.
    We know that ruthless SP, sends killers after her, immediately following funeral.
    M probably knows that Lucia knows stuff, but that she wouldn't spill if hubby was still alive. Bond has to get to her before SP hit team.

That's my guess. God - another Bond film, that's going to require fill-in-the-exposition blanks.
    We know Bond drives the silver DB10, Hinx drives the orange Jaguar C-X75 - Who is driving this black Aston Martin in the chase? 20150220_91240_J33.jpg I thought it was only Bond Vs. Hinx in the chase through Rome?...
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    We know Bond drives the silver DB10, Hinx drives the orange Jaguar C-X75 - Who is driving this black Aston Martin in the chase? 20150220_91240_J33.jpg I thought it was only Bond Vs. Hinx in the chase through Rome?...

I think they're using the black Aston Martin for tests/preparations for filming during the night
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I think they're using the black Aston Martin for tests/preparations for filming during the night
    But if you look at the other photos, the Silver DB10 is being put through it's paces too - all 3 cars are in use...

Jag
    SSIzpSe.jpg
    DB10
    Eqah7cH.jpg
    DBS?
    20150220_91240_J33.jpg
    aaron819 wrote: »
    But if you look at the other photos, the Silver DB10 is being put through it's paces too - all 3 cars are in use...

Jag
    SSIzpSe.jpg
    DB10
    Eqah7cH.jpg
    DBS?
    20150220_91240_J33.jpg

@JCRendle I think we're going to have to wait 2-3 more hours until they start filming. What do you think?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Maybe the various stunt drivers are using various Astons to practice their stunt driving.

Regarding the plane sliding down the hill, what scene is that?
    I thought the plane crashed into the house, and that Bond then used the fuselage tub as a toboggan.
    The plane being filmed in the picture looks to be fully intact.
    I don't know, you may very well be correct, as I said - I thought the chase was just the two cars.

What's got me thinking is the fact they're using all 3 cars now. Ok, just had a theory - maybe they need a car fast enough to keep up with them from behind to film the action - It's a lose theory, granted, but it's all I can think of right now.
    timmer wrote: »
    Maybe the various stunt drivers are using various Astons to practice their stunt driving.

Regarding the plane sliding down the hill, what scene is that?
    I thought the plane crashed into the house, and that Bond then used the fuselage tub as a toboggan.
    The plane being filmed in the picture looks to be fully intact.

Yes, I think so too that various stunt drivers are using various cars to practise the driving

I think the plane sliding down the hill is scene 93 in the revised shooting script
    With the rumor Spectre trailer is coming out next month I think we will get this

Logos
    Bonds discussion with Madeline swain
    When Madeline mentions the organization name is Spectre
    (Bond theme blaring) shots of bond and tanner on the river Thames
    Shots of the car chase and the funeral
    Shots of the plan car chase
    SPECTRE
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Already next month? Where is that rumour from?
    Already next month? Where is that rumour from?
    nothing official, but Marketto has heard some things from one of his reliable sources.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The Projection List also shows that the first trailer will premiere on or around March 28th.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    With the rumor Spectre trailer is coming out next month I think we will get this

Logos
    Bonds discussion with Madeline swain
    Madeline: "Do you excercise?"
    Bond: "When I have to"
    Cut to: Bond running across the square trying to reach his DB10, while people are shooting at him
    Madeline: "Do you consider your job to be psychologically stressful?"
    Bond: "On occasion"
    Cut to: Bond lets snowplane plough through a barn
    Madeline: "What is your occupation?"
    Bond: "I kill people"
    Cut to: Bond hurls Lorenzo over the balcony.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    that would be a great trailer!
    Like I've said before - I don't want the teaser to focus on Bond and be the conversation with Madeleine as that'd just be a retread of Skyfall. What I'd really like is for them to set up SPECTRE in a chilling way. The dialogue from conversations with Mr White and Lucia will do absolute wonders for a teaser.
    Madeline: "Do you excercise?"
    Bond: "When I have to"
    Cut to: Bond running across the square trying to reach his DB10, while people are shooting at him
    Madeline: "Do you consider your job to be psychologically stressful?"
    Bond: "On occasion"
    Cut to: Bond lets snowplane plough through a barn
    Madeline: "What is your occupation?"
    Bond: "I kill people"
    Cut to: Bond hurls Lorenzo over the balcony.

That is spot on, when the trailer comes out, we can compare it to your concept.
    Bond arrives in Rome in the grey Aston. They have been shooting that scene. When does he switch to the other car.
    In the script he steals it from Q's lab, and leaves a bottle of champagne in its place, as a joke.
    I just assumed he would be piloting the one Aston, but it seems he's arriving in Rome or going to the funeral in one, and doing a chase in the other. Maybe?
    timmer wrote: »
    Bond arrives in Rome in the grey Aston. They have been shooting that scene. When does he switch to the other car.
    In the script he steals it from Q's lab, and leaves a bottle of champagne in its place, as a joke.
    I just assumed he would be piloting the one Aston, but it seems he's arriving in Rome or going to the funeral in one, and doing a chase in the other. Maybe?

I don't think so. I think it's the DB10 for Bond for all the scenes in Rome. They probably used the black Aston Martin yesterday in preparations along the Tiber, to test camera angles or something like that.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    No, the Aston Martin DB10 will be in both the arrival and the chase. I think that other Aston Martin is for practicing cause they probably don't wanna risk the new ones too much especially in practise.

I understand they have a number of DB10's but theres still alot of money involved.
    No, the Aston Martin DB10 will be in both the arrival and the chase. I think that other Aston Martin is for practicing cause they probably don't wanna risk the new ones too much especially in practise.

I understand they have a number of DB10's but theres still alot of money involved.

At last, someone to agree with me. Thank you @MadeleineSwann
    I agree with you. I got confused. So the gray car is the official movie DB10 that ultimately splashes into the Tiber.
    Thanks @madeleine and @aaron
  • Zekidk: Your trailer idea is brilliant! I think I'm going to be disappointed in whatever they come up with, even if it's great, if it's not that! I would add one more little part to it, also from the discussion:
    Madeleine: Do you have trouble sleeping?
    Bond: Only when I'm alone
    Cut to: One of the sex scenes - potentially Bond and Madeleine bursting into the train car, making out and ripping at each others' clothes.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    And yes, the latest clapperboard-pic is also matching the scene in the script, as do the videos of last night's shoot (jaguar alongside Aston, Aston breaks and turns right etc.)

oohhh i'm so excited! The chase looks really cool.
    Tom Rothman is the replacement of Amy Pascal.
    Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/tom-rothman-promoted-at-sony/

The guy is one of the worst executives in Hollywood, but there is no need to worry, since the next Bond won't be a Sony film anyway.
    Tom Rothman is the replacement of Amy Pascal.
    Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/tom-rothman-promoted-at-sony/

The guy is one of the worst executives in Hollywood, but there is no need to worry, since the next Bond won't be a Sony film anyway.
    We don't know this, Eon has recent entered into an agreement with Sony for their non-James Bond film "The Silent Storm", so it appears that they still see Sony as a viable business partner...