The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Häh? What's your problem. I suppose, you misunderstood, what i was writing. Only explanation.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,081
    What??? Me? What problem? I think you must have understood me as well then... Until now i thought we pretty much agreed. Oh well.
    I think, we still do, as I haven't said or meant anything, that would ask for this response. Hence I believe, there is a misunderstanding. Happens...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DC really needed to do Monuments Men. Yes, it was a flawed film, but it could have kept him relevant and put him on screen with Clooney, to remind everyone that he is still A-List. Cowboys and Aliens flopped, too, but it was an important film for Craig to have made.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Apparently Monuments Men was not very good?
    Although I still see your point.
    Have mixed feelings on Monuments Men; I liked some of it, but I definitely don't have plans to ever watch it again.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I thought Monuments Men was alright. There were some good moments from time to time. Like the scene where Bill Murray busts the guy in his house.

I wonder what went wrong with The Whole Truth? You think DC thought it wasn't the right project for him?
    Something must have gone wrong on the very last minute, as he dropped out 2 days or so before start. Not his usual behaviour plus the press never made a big fuss of it. So I believe, he had very good reasons.
    As for MM, I dunno. Is it valid to be in a flawed film, for which Clooney apologized in the leaked emails just fo be seen? Cant answer that with a hearty yes or no. But working with Rachel seemed more important to him. Like I said, no career plan, just what pleases him the most. Time will tell, how his works out in the end.
    I think Daniel Craig will never be short of work, if he wants it - theatre, small films etc. I think he just feels he's pretty much sorted. Enough money in the bank to never have to worry about working again, if he doesn't want to. And the pick of the smaller, low key work, that I suspect he probably enjoys best. I don't think he'll be looking for Hollywood blockbusters after he's finished with Bond.

Getafix wrote: »
    I think Daniel Craig will never be short of work, if he wants it - theatre, small films etc. I think he just feels he's pretty much sorted. Enough money in the bank to never have to worry about working again, if he doesn't want to. And the pick of the smaller, low key work, that I suspect he probably enjoys best. I don't think he'll be looking for Hollywood blockbusters after he's finished with Bond.

I pretty much agree with all the above, and I could not blame him if he should do that.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'll be the first to admit that Craig hasn't set the world on fire like I thought he might after being appointed as Bond, I actually thought he would transcend the usual baggage that comes with the role being an already established character actor and do interesting work mixing this with also financially rewarding films while in the role.

Although outside of TGWTDT which I thought was fantastic with DC giving one of his best performances theatrically of his career, he has been somewhat underwhelming.

Possibly after Bond he will enter into a far more rewarding phase of his career but he was without doubt the actor with the most impressive CV before Bond of anyone else that has played the role.

I think if he's happy and he certainly seems to be with Rachel and likes playing Bond he might choose to concentrate on this role and leave more challenging work till he's left the tuxedo and PPK behind.
    I knew Felicity Jones (in The Theory of Everything) looked familiar. I couldn't place it. And then, it hit me today...

Yes, sure, she was in Flashbacks. Its always amazing and interesting for me to see, which Brits have been on film or stage together at some point. Like in The Rover: DC, Dougray Scott and Andy Serkis in 1995
    Still in London today. Great coat.
    26798E0800000578-2986819-image-a-24_1425926596089.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's a lovely coat.
    2qakb50.jpg

Courtesy of GQ Facebook

Although I'm sure the photo is a bit old.
    Yes, a BIT ;) and its New York, not London.
    I saw the NYC bit of the photo, which is why I knew it wasn't current based on what you posted.
    DC on a break I presume
    I'm sure this is old news to everyone, but I just got my subscriber cover in the mail, and I'm excited!

11041888_616273703733_2081671771787765332_o.jpg

Probably going to get framed... :P
    Nice. You got the Bulldog figure
    It sure looks classy with the gold and little text.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 188
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3013934/Daniel-Craig-zips-helicopter-filming-Spectre-Mexico-City.html

Nothing much, but non-Bond Daniel looking fit, so I thought this would be the place for it to go.

Edit: I just saw that someone already posted the link in the Production Timeline. So most of you've probably already seen it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    This man embodies the character that Ian fleming created while bringing that creation into the modern age.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,554
    2qakb50.jpg

Courtesy of GQ Facebook

I have this outfit, actually.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Courtesy of GQ Facebook

Wish I looked good in a henley :P

TripAces wrote: »
    Courtesy of GQ Facebook

Wish I looked good in a henley :P

I didn't used to...have dropped 30 lbs in the past year or so
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    talos7 wrote: »

Can't say I'll be bothered if they recast the leads, I'm coming to terms with DF not returning to direct but if Craig and Mara are off the table forget it!

Cheaper? I don't like the idea of that, the Swedish sequels were obviously cheaper and pretty much TV movies and far drop on the original.
    Germanlady wrote: »

I think this info is based on old leaks is questionable. Even if she is producing at Sony, Pascal was still fired, and Fincher appears to have a full plate of other projects. 3 more films for a risky project sounds very iffy. I also hope Craig doesn't do it even if it is a go. It's high time he did some non Bond film work that taps his talent. This series has him mostly supporting Mara and he's better than that, so I hope he doesn't do it even if it is a go.