The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: original series & films

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I was actually watching UNCLE before I had any real idea who Bond was.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 158
    Yep. It's a great theme. Got the box set but the one film I'm missing and really want is "The Spy in the Green Hat" with Jack Palance. Love that movie. As a side note ALL the themes from the Spy genre in the 60's are brilliant. MI,I Spy,The Avengers (Emma Peel) era to name a few. :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I noticed this week in the UK " The True Entertainment " channel is showing
    The first Steed and Mrs Peel series.
  • The Man From U.N.C.L.E. trailer supposed to come out at 5 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 11, Los Angeles time on Wednesday (1 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 12 London time).

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/u-n-c-l-e-trailer-to-debut-wednesday-fan-site-says/
    I can live with that :D .
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    So that's 8pm eastern time.

Where do we find the trailer?
  • I'm guessing the official Warner Bros. website.
  • It will be 2:23 long.
    I'm guessing the official Warner Bros. website.
    Thanks!
    If they use the classic theme I'm gonna pee my kilt.
  • re: trailer. I know two Henry Cavill sites -- Henry Cavill News and Henry Cavill.org -- will likely have it embedded shortly after 8 p.m. I would also think it'd be on the official Warner Bros. site.
    Nice Birthday present to me! =D>
  • People and Entertainment Weekly have stories about the movie, just hours before release of the trailer. This post has links to both

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/people-entertainment-weekly-have-u-n-c-l-e-peek/
  • can't waitttt for the trailer! There will be a battle between secret agent Napoleon Solo and secret agent Ethan Hunt :-D! And secret agent James Bond can observe and relax ;-).
    the-man-from-uncle-01_zpsaxpyeews.jpg
    uncle-800_zps4g6jqmdc.jpg
    uncle-1024_zpsod84x7bb.jpg
    uncle-1800_zpsashf7jed.jpg
    The helicopter behind Alicia is the very same one from"Goldfinger" that Pussy Galore used.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    By jolly, these shots are awesome!!!! Now I think THIS film will be oozing Bond-esque class, not "Kingsman". I adore the gun pose of Henry Cavill as secret agent (Ian Fleming's ;-)) Mr Solo. Marvellous! I know have a serious "Henri Cavill could actually be the future 7th James Bond"-feeling =P~ . Just....a bit ;-).
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2015 Posts: 3,277
    The Poster:

hEDw0vT.jpg
    The Pussy Galore helicopter. Awesome. Was it in storage or something, just waiting to be dusted off?
    There is no doubt Napoleon Solo is a high class of hero.
    Cavill does seem to have Vaughn's facial expression pretty close.
    The girls look real good too.
    One thing original Uncle had was bevy of girls, both good and fatale.
  • In large image on movie's new Twitter page, it says the movie will be available in Imax.
  • In large image on movie's new Twitter page, it says the movie will be available in Imax.

Aaaaarghhhh =P~ !! In IMAX no less! THIS I'm gonna see! I adore the poster in yellow! Wunderful. It has this Bond-esque simplicity! Now I wonder.....where's Ethan Hunt now ;-)???
    The UNCLE film is definitely a throw back to the golden age of spy thrillers of the 60's.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Looks like Henry Cavill will get his chance to be Bondesque after all. I wonder if EON will have any regrets after this.

I don't know what Armie Hammer is doing in this however. He's screwed up a few films so I hope he doesn't mess this one up too.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Looks like Henry Cavill will get his chance to be Bondesque after all. I wonder if EON will have any regrets after this.

I don't know what Armie Hammer is doing in this however. He's screwed up a few films so I hope he doesn't mess this one up too.

In all honest, Henry Cavill is by looks more of a model compared to all 6 Bond actors that we know right now. Even Sean Connery had rather unique looks, whereas Henry Cavill does have the looks of a male Armani model.

So I don't think EON has any regrets :-). Although he could bring in even more female crowds. But let's see how Cavill portrays Solo first.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Cavill does indeed look very Bondesque ,but Now I can't see him ever
    Getting Bond.
  • Debicki looks great as a 60's femme fatale.
  • I love the teaser poster. Very Bond-ish. Stylish, but luckily not as cheesy as the "Kingsman" posters.