SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    JWPepper wrote: »
    According to a Dutch journalist who interviewed Nolan a Swedish journalist called Van Hoytema a Swede. Nolan responded and corrected: 'No, he's totally Dutch". source:

Wait. The guy calls himself Swedish but you say no, he is Dutch because a director he worked with said so... @-) Yeah, right...

Again: "I always get irritated when they try to claim me in Holland"
    Source: http://www.thedaysofyore.com/hoyte-van-hoytema/
    The Turkey one certainly was more fun.
    Just because there isn't a Press Conference doesn't mean that Sony won't post a Press Release announcing the title, cast, etc.. ;)

i don't think there is any need for paniking at all. if i recall didn't the new star wars do the same thing? maybe this is the new way of doing things?

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    for once i agree with @Ludovico lol.

the details surrounding Bond 24 have been sparse - and for a while, the biggest news was the casting of Lea Seydoux and Dave Baustista as the henchman... that was until news broke of Christoph Waltz signing on - then the proverbial volcano erupted, with molten hot rumors spilling out to engulf the Bond Blogging villages below...... with the hot rumor being that Waltz is casted as Blofeld - no doubt that will be 90% of the questions thrown at the producers, Mednes, and the actors... whether they are true or not, there is only so many times you can say "no." before you start getting annoyed - especially with a hot button issue this seems to be in the media and amongst fans......

their best bet is to do the photo thing, release the title, and then roll right into production... as i said before, EON seems to want to play things really close to the chest this time around, and not having a presser gives even more credence to that..
    the problem for us fans is that the photo call might not be until well into production ...
    mnhettia wrote: »
    Just because there isn't a Press Conference doesn't mean that Sony won't post a Press Release announcing the title, cast, etc.. ;)

i don't think there is any need for paniking at all. if i recall didn't the new star wars do the same thing? maybe this is the new way of doing things?

The new way of doing things? No. They don't have press conferences for most movies at the start of principal photography but for Bond that is the standard procedure.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    According to a Dutch journalist who interviewed Nolan a Swedish journalist called Van Hoytema a Swede. Nolan responded and corrected: 'No, he's totally Dutch". source:

Wait. The guy calls himself Swedish but you say no, he is Dutch because a director he worked with said so... @-) Yeah, right...

In this video, when asked about how much he feels himself Dutch (around the 00:50 min mark) he replies: "Actually 100%."

So, i'm right :-D

And we know what kind of flop this one is heading to be.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    for once i agree with @Ludovico lol.

the details surrounding Bond 24 have been sparse - and for a while, the biggest news was the casting of Lea Seydoux and Dave Baustista as the henchman... that was until news broke of Christoph Waltz signing on - then the proverbial volcano erupted, with molten hot rumors spilling out to engulf the Bond Blogging villages below...... with the hot rumor being that Waltz is casted as Blofeld - no doubt that will be 90% of the questions thrown at the producers, Mednes, and the actors... whether they are true or not, there is only so many times you can say "no." before you start getting annoyed - especially with a hot button issue this seems to be in the media and amongst fans......

their best bet is to do the photo thing, release the title, and then roll right into production... as i said before, EON seems to want to play things really close to the chest this time around, and not having a presser gives even more credence to that..
    @haserot, you speak much wisdom :)

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Stop panicking ...no we don't know.

I mean I kinda think Logan wrong choice to start but they purposely restore to correct. Lenses agree or not has high standards and is talented but still new to genre.

Really curious if @ Colonel Sun has an opinion.

Even though I don't always agree I do respect the producers and the history behind the franchise.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

the Bond franchise is really one of the only ones that turns the start of principal photography into a big press conference event... most films just release a press statement then roll right into filming.

Ludovico wrote: »

And we know what kind of flop this one is heading to be.

They simply released one, ONE candid photo of some cast members. And it went huge. Hopefully we get a bit more from Bond but with the same effect.
    So, i'm right :-D

It's a Dutch interview, of course he won't insult the interviewer and his country. The truth is that he was born in Switzerland, raised in the Netherlands, educated in Poland and now lives in Stockholm and Los Angeles.

"I feel like a Swedish cinematographer. [...] I always get irritated when they try to claim me in Holland because I haven’t lived in Holland for 18 years and they never wanted me as a cinematographer; they rejected me out of the film school twice, they never gave me a nice job. Holland has done nothing for me in terms of everything that’s in that way important to me. I’m very happy that Sweden has been generous enough to adopt me. So they should claim me 100%."
    Source: http://www.thedaysofyore.com/hoyte-van-hoytema/

So no, you are are not right. In fact, you are wong.
    If there is a modicum of truth to the rumors concerning, I can understand why they don't want a press conference. And even if the rumors are groundless, this would be the only topic in the press conference.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The fact that some people here are convinced that Bond 24 is in a troubled situation is laughable and not in a good way. Take a chill pill.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    as long as the man knows his cinematography - i wouldn't care if he was a martian...... why is the man's nationality an issue all of a sudden?
  • Fresh news!!! Won't have a Press Conference prior to filming, just a Photocall.

If this is true, this September post was ahead of the curve:

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/bond-24-press-conference-suggestion-dont-take-questions/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    the problem for us fans is that the photo call might not be until well into production ...

Not see this as problem. Die Another Day introduced or re-introduced pressconference, but TMND and Twine also not get one. Goldeneye i don't know.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Could be still trying to finalize casting and shelving press conference. Production could begin a LA CR with leading lady ..doesn't mean doomed just frantic start with studio demands not withstanding.
    as long as the man knows his cinematography - i wouldn't care if he was a martian...... why is the man's nationality an issue all of a sudden?

It is an issue because he has explicitly stated that he does not like to be called a Dutch cinematographer, yet that is exactly what the Dutch press keeps doing.
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512

Indeed. If those who want to continually fight over such irrelevant things I suggest you PM each other. I don't think anyone here gives a **** about your petty arguments.

Yeah, it's not a bad thing at all. In the days of Cubby and Harry the press conferences had a certain glamour to them. These days you know exactly what is coming and as such they are in many ways redundant, other than to maintain tradition.

• Hahaha, what would be the point of a press conference where no one asks any questions?

Are you kidding me? The point would be them talking about the movie (they could easily talk about Bond 24 for hours without saying anything about the plot and repeateing themselves if they really wanted to). 99% of the questions are useless anyway.

This happens all the time. Groups say they're having a press conference. Someone reads from a statement then says, "We're not taking any questions." The National Rifle Association did this once, for example.
    RC7 wrote: »

Indeed. If those who want to continually fight over such irrelevant things I suggest you PM each other. I don't think anyone here gives a **** about your petty arguments.

Calm down. By the way, this is exactly the reason I have suggested countless of times over the past year that we should have separate topics for every important aspect of Bond 24, just like we did in the case of Skyfall. If there was a "The cinematography of Bond 24" topic, the discussion regarding Hoytema's nationality would not bother anybody.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Stop panicking ...no we don't know.

I mean I kinda think Logan wrong choice to start but they purposely restore to correct. Lenses agree or not has high standards and is talented but still new to genre.

Really curious if @ Colonel Sun has an opinion.

Even though I don't always agree I do respect the producers and the history behind the franchise.

Yep, the panic shown by some here (one person in particular) is nothing more than just that - panic - based on nothing other than (wild) speculation.

But I do suspect Eon and Mendes were a bit burnt by all the "spoilers" when they were in pre-production on SF and are being very, very cautious this time.

• Hahaha, what would be the point of a press conference where no one asks any questions?

Are you kidding me? The point would be them talking about the movie (they could easily talk about Bond 24 for hours without saying anything about the plot and repeateing themselves if they really wanted to). 99% of the questions are useless anyway.

This happens all the time. Groups say they're having a press conference. Someone reads from a statement then says, "We're not taking any questions." The National Rifle Association did this once, for example.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Ludovico wrote: »
    If there is a modicum of truth to the rumors concerning, I can understand why they don't want a press conference. And even if the rumors are groundless, this would be the only topic in the press conference.
    But there would also be the innundation of fawning questions.
    How wonderful is it to work with DC? How great a director is Mendes? Cue each actor to take their turn lathering Mendes with praise. Like watching dvd bonus features, but on roids and unedited.
    Babs will chime in with her usual, how much they respect Fleming spiel.
    Meanwhile, MGW says next to nothing, even though he probably has plenty to say. Alas, he can no longer compete with all the noise going on around him.
    Each actor talks about how wonderul it is to have the opportunity to work with every other actor and of course the director.
    Reporters munch on free finger foods and greedily grab as much free swag as they can get their mitts on.
    Lea will tell us how she is not your typical Bond-girl, but can't say any more. Yawn.
    Baustista will be coached ahead of time on the great Bond henchmen of yore. Yawn.

I don't think we are missing much.
    In the meantime, I am looking forward to some great photos of Lea and others, and lots of spoiler news coming from the filming.

....mind you all of the nonsense described above can be entertaining in a superficial way. It can be fun, but it may not be worth the hassle for Eon, but rather be a cost-benefit analysis fail.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I don't think there is any reason to panic at all. They simply don't want to answer questions, any questions.
    The secrecy surrounding this production is incredible, apart from the ocasional (potentially incredible) rumour we have nothing tangible and I don't think it is because there is nothing but instead because they are being extremely cautious.
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote: »

Calm down.

Ha brilliant. Coming from Panchito 'Panicker' Pistoles. Oh and the **** was said in a nonchalant way, the way I imagine Dalton might say it.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Yep, the panic shown by some here (one person in particular) is nothing more than just that - panic - based on nothing other than (wild) speculation.

But I do suspect Eon and Mendes were a bit burnt by all the "spoilers" when they were in pre-production on SF and are being very, very cautious this time.

this^^^
  • Sandy wrote: »
    I don't think there is any reason to panic at all. They simply don't want to answer questions, any questions.
    The secrecy surrounding this production is incredible, apart from the ocasional (potentially incredible) rumour we have nothing tangible and I don't think it is because there is nothing but instead because they are being extremely cautious.

Go back and watch the 2011 press conference. It lasts 28 minutes. No questions were even allowed for the first 10. The MC mocks the reporters for not asking sooner what the title Skyfall means. Baited, one of the reporters asks. Barbara Broccoli then declines to answer.

It's like watching someone go to the dentist.